• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extra Adult Charge?

preb

DIS Veteran
I called today to book Portofino for early October and was told that there would be an extra charge of $25.00 per night because we will have 3 adults and 1 child in the room. Only 2 adults are allowed. This was not a charge for a roll away...that would have been another $25.00 per night.

This seems crazy to me. There will only be 4 people in the room! Has anyone else run onto this?

This is not unusual. Most hotels charge for an extra adult in the room. We have the same situation at PB in August. My brother-in-law is coming with us. The first night we will be three adults and one child in the room. It is $25 extra for him to be in our room. The next three days he will have his own room. Since we arrive in Orlando in the evening, it seemed like a waste of money for us to have two rooms the first night - so we will pay the extra $$.

This is "universal" (pardon the pun!!). Hotels all over will always charge for an extra adult. When you get rate for a room and it's for a "double", it usually means 2 adults.
Most hotels don't usually charge for children 18 and younger, but there are those few unscrupulous ones that charge based soley on the number of bodies that are in the room. You only other choice was to lie to the hotel (not that I am condoning that!!)... at the very least if they found out, you would have been charged the extra $25.

My older DD, 18, decided she is missing out on fun vacations, so she is coming with us to USF this October, she usually stays home. When I added her on to our ressies, I was told that she would be $25 more per night. I guess she's worth it, Just Kidding!!!

I am so happy that she will be joining us this trip. She hasnt been to USF since 1994, so much has changed since then.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter