Extra Adults In A Room

njbeaumont

Earning My Ears
We are staying on site at the Poly in a about a week and currently our ressies are for two adults and two children. We might however have an extra adult with us now. My question is, should I bother mentioning this at check in? I know that in some of the books it says that Disney will charge $25 more for each adult after the first two but when we initially tried to make reservations (and we thought we might have three adults) they were quoting much higher room prices than when we finally made reservations with only the two adults. The only experience I have with this was for our wedding when I know that there were no additional charges for extra adults on our rooms except for you couldn't go over 5 people to a room (it was a special wedding room rate though). So will Disney really care that we have three adults instead of two and will they charge us accordingly?

Thanks,

Nancy

I will tell you right now you may be in for some varied responses on this one as from what I've seen reading the boards this is one of those touchy subjects. To answer your question - yes - Disney charges for more than 2 adults in a room at a rate of $25.00 per day and yes they do care. I have seen responses from a lot of people who go ahead and have the extra adult and not say anything and have been fine BUT there are people who have gotten caught and I believe (but not sure) were thrown out of the hotel. I think if housekeeping suspects they might report you. Something I don't want to risk in the middle of my vacation.

We are going in December as 3 adults and 1 child and we are paying the extra fee. I believe if you can't afford the resort with the extra charge then you can't afford the resort. I think it is just easier to pay the extra charge so that we can all get room keys and have room charging privileges - something you can't do by sneaking an extra person in.

So we can just tell them our numbers have changed when we check in at it is only $25 more? I wasn't worried about having to pay $25 a night more, I was just worried that it was going to be a lot more (we were looking at almost $100 more a night when we originally were trying to make reservations and we thought we might have three adults).

Thanks for your honesty!

Nancy

I think it depends upon the circumstances. My daughter, who is 18, is a senior in HS. Technically, when she stayed at WDW with us, we should have paid the extra, but we chose not to. (the cut off age might be even lower) I feel that as long as she is still living under my roof full time, and is still dependent upon us financially, we should not be forced to pay more for her than our other child. Once she is on her own, and chooses to tag along with us, we'll pay the extra. I think (but could be absolutely wrong) hotels put those extra fees to discourage more than 2 or more unrelated adults sharing rooms, not to penalize parents and their (at least legally) adult children. We didn't mind her not having charging privileges or her own key. ;)

Whenever we have had extra adults join us after making the reservations, we have just told them upon check-in. We go to FW in a motorhome, so this often happens. Thank goodness the cost is just an extra $2 per extra adult per night (the dog costs more than this) but they have never had any trouble adding another when checking-in.

50 days to go

We had an extra adult when we stayed at the BWI last year, 4 total. Myself, DH, my mom and my son (2). I was not paying 25.00 extra per night for an extra adult. I'm sorry but thats crazy. I was already paying almost 300.00 a night and that is more than enough for a hotel room.

You should be fine with telling them when you check in. They add the $25 to the rate you're paying--they won't make you get a different rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter