eye makeup

jother

Earning My Ears
hi, leaving in 7 days:bounce: and I'm looking to do minimal makeup due to the heat: eyeliner, waterproof mas.... and spf lipgloss....does anyone know of a good waterproof eyeliner?????

My opinion is don't worry about makeup at all. It's hot as blue blazes and with the sun glaring, I am sure you will probably be wearing sunglasses anyway, therefore, nobody will notice the eyeliner. You are on vacation and so is everyone else. I doubt anyone is going to point at you and say...EWWWW, that lady doesn't have on any makeup ;) IF you insist on makeup, I am sure if you can find a waterproof eyeliner, any brand will do.:wave:

I like plain old Maybelline waterproof mascara. I use Clinique smudgeproof eye pencil in brown for my eyes and brows and some chapstick w/sunscreen for my lips. That's about the extent of my park days make up. If we are getting dressed for dinner I'll add some color to my lips and cheeks. Minimal is the key for down there. I've seen lots of women who look like racoons with their waterproof makeup sliding down ther faces. It is better to go light or just skip it.

i've been going to disney for the past 6 summers and the last thing you wanna do is not wear make-up! First, it helps keep your face from getting a bad sunburn. wear your normal foundation. as for waterproof mascara, i've yet to find one that is TRULY waterproof--so i use clear mascara--it does the trick! but yeah, don't not wear make-up--i mean, if you're anything like me, you'll be taking pictures and ya wanna look your best, right?? :)

I'd recommend just not wearing any if you're just at the parks. When you go out to a nice place for dinner then I'd put on some minimal make-up. Some SPF moisturizer or sunscreen will take care of your face and with all the heat and sweating you're make-up WILL run, even waterproof, and will clog your pores!!!

My daughter is a dancer and they use Ultima II makeup for their stage makeup. That stuff wears like iron. Even with an 8 yo sweating under the lights of a stage, the make up does not come off. Mascara I have also used an Almay one on her that works well.

The only problem with waterproof makeup and mascara is that you have to have an actual make up remover, cold cream or soap and water simply do not work.

HTH

Mascara...hum...well, I absolutely HATE when mascara smears when it gets wet, but I FINALLY found some I like. I really don't care much for Cover Girl, but their waterproof mascara (mines a green bottle), is great! It doesn't smudge when you wash it off, and it's cheap! :D

Yeah, and what DisneyMom said...the Waterproof Almay in a light blue bottle works well too.

My experience: don't bother with much makeup! Of course you need to protect your face with moisturizer and I'll admit to wearing waterproof mascara and lipstick. I wear Clinique mascara and it washes off easily with Clinique makeup remover, but it will not smudge on your face--even under water. I only wear lipstick with sunscreen to protect my lips (Clinique).

I don't use any make up while at WDW..it is hot and everyone sweats so much..I do not want the racoon look or to look like something out of horror movie. I take make up for days we go to a really nice dinner and go back to clean up beforehand in the room, but mostly I just wear sun screen and lip moisturizer.....:cool: :cool: :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter