"Facing Epcot Area"

E

erikthewise

I made a reservation on Jan 11, shortly before "Epcot View" was banned at BCV. (See http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=724455) I requested Epcot View which was OK at the time. A confirmation letter was never sent so in late Feb I called to see what was going on. It turned out that everything was OK but they had neglected to "push the button" to send the letter.

During that conversation the CM noted my Epcot View request and said in a nice way that would have to go. I asked her what that side of the building was called now, joking that "they have to call it something"! I said I want that side of the building, even if they have completely blotted out Spaceship Earth! (Of course nothing of the kind has happened, as recent photos show.) She made a reasonable suggestion and we went with that.

The confirmation letter arrived this morning and it says under requests
"Vacation Home Facing Epcot Area". I don't know that this is now the official designation; I have the feeling my CM just made it up. But it sounds like a reasonable thing to ask for if you want "that side of the building".

Thanks for sharing that!! The new policy is MORE than a bit silly!!!

:wave:

Beca

erikthewise said:
I[...] But it sounds like a reasonable thing to ask for if you want "that side of the building".
[Preparing for a "that side of the building" guaranteed-request thread :duck: :rotfl2:]

Thanks for posting that, I just got off the phone with MS and they asked me about anymore requests (I had told them I wanted Non Smoking) and I said that I really didn't know anymore because the ones that I wanted I can't make anymore and she said "That's Right, Sorry"... so I just left it as is...maybe I'll call back now that I know this ;)

I also talked to a real nice CM last week sometime. We talked about this and then I also got a better understanding of why they tell people there are not woods views. Apparently there are standard requests on the screen for them to pick from such as, non-smoking, top floor, pool view, garden view, epcot view. If the "pick" is not there they just tell you that it is not possible. This is the case with the woods view at BCV, there is no pick for woods view so the CM just tells you it is not available. There is however a open comments box that allows the CM to actual type anything in. The CM I talked with had been to BCV and said obiviously there is a woods view there and all the CM's need to do is actually type this in the open comments area, this just takes a bit more work. This is what the CM did for you erik, the pick is no longer there for Epcot View, but they can type in something such as Facing Epcot Area and I beleive they will do this with your understanding that you may possible see absolutly nothing there! (After they apparently build the great wall of china)

I called because I never got my Dec. ressie letter in the mail and the CM said she needed to change all my BCV ressies and take that out. I said that I already had my ressie letter from August and she said that they're going through all the ressies and removing "Epcot" from their lists. Whatever. As long as I get NS (because I'm asthmatic) , I don't really care. I'm in WDW and that's good enough for me:goodvibes

Hopefully this will keep the complaints down to the cm's when people checking in don't get their "Epcot view". This hopefully will make check in quicker and smoother. :wave2:

I made a couple of future reservations around 2 weeks ago. One is for a 2BR accessible so I know we will be facing the pool for that one. But for the other, I explained to the CM that we preferred the Epcot side of the building....the SE wing, the fairy ring corridors or the "swamp" view. She laughed at that term and used a different word in her notes but did put down quite a lengthy note.

I think both MS and the folks at BCV are still working to get us the side of the building we all prefer. I imagine there have been some guests not quite as familiar with the building who have been very unhappy if they didn't get a perfect view of SE, Illuminations or both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter