**Faith and Max's 12.22.12 Swan/Garden Grove/ADH Wedding!!** UPDATED 16!!

I love it all!!! :laughing: the bouquet is beautiful and I love the lantern idea! So thrifty you are! ;) The ring suits you really well, and I love the ones that fit around the engagement ring, so classy. The t-shirt is super cute too! Never seen these cups though, I'm so out of the loop out here! I want!! :earseek:

Can't wait for more!!

~Liz:mickeybar

Oh wow! You did have fun at the Disney store. :goodvibes I only bought the Belle mug--- and the Belle doll. But Belle is my homegirl, so that's my excuse. Oh, and I bought the notecards and the clutch... I think we have similar problems!!!

GREAT deal on the paper lanterns! :thumbsup2 That is such a steal! Your ring is very pretty, and so is your bouquet.

And I agree, I do like how easy this whole destination wedding thing is--- although, it sounds like your WP gives a bit more suggestions than the Disney planners. (Which is fine, as I was headstrong and knew just what I wanted, and my planner is also obsessed with daisies! Win!) Keep up the updates, Faith. :D

Welcome :flower3: All ur plans are coming along nicely :thumbsup2 It is great 2 hear another bride that likes sparkles :rotfl: Keep the updates coming popcorn::

Faith sweetie - Everything is coming along nicely!! Karen is great to work with isn't she? It sounds like you are easier to deal with than I was when it comes to floral!! I was so very specific about what I wanted for everything (my bouquet, DD's posy, the men's bouts, decor etc), that Karen must have had it etched in her head!! So much so, that when our floral arrived on the day of the VR, and she didn't think that it quite matched my vision, she sent it back to have adjustments made!!! She so understood my dream and made sure I got it!! I absolutely adored my floral, and it was everything I wished for!!! Karen is definitely a planner who knows her job and is not afraid to do it!!!
I absolutely love the lantern idea!! It will look so pretty!!
Sorry I can't help with the arch questions, but we didn't have one - we had pillars and urns. Make sure that Karen knows that the men's bouts etc and the arch floral should reflect your bouquet. She will make sure they do, if that's what you want!!! I would be reluctant to assume anything, sweetie. If Karen knows your vision in detail, she will deliver it!!!

Oh wow! You did have fun at the Disney store. :goodvibes I only bought the Belle mug--- and the Belle doll. But Belle is my homegirl, so that's my excuse. Oh, and I bought the notecards and the clutch... I think we have similar problems!!!

GREAT deal on the paper lanterns! :thumbsup2 That is such a steal! Your ring is very pretty, and so is your bouquet.

And I agree, I do like how easy this whole destination wedding thing is--- although, it sounds like your WP gives a bit more suggestions than the Disney planners. (Which is fine, as I was headstrong and knew just what I wanted, and my planner is also obsessed with daisies! Win!) Keep up the updates, Faith. :D
I told you I went a little crazy!! :rolleyes1 We are one in the same.. just different purchases! :rotfl: :hug:

Thanks! I'm so pumped about my lanterns!

It's awesome when your planner is a fan of what you like! I'm happy to hear the suggestions as sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in the wedding world but I'm sometimes headstrong too about certain issues that haven't come up yet! ;) Hopefully my planner won't hate me when this is all over! :cool2:

Welcome :flower3: All ur plans are coming along nicely :thumbsup2 It is great 2 hear another bride that likes sparkles :rotfl: Keep the updates coming popcorn::
Hi!! Thanks for joining! I love sparkles-- it's kind of a problem. :rotfl2:

Faith sweetie - Everything is coming along nicely!! Karen is great to work with isn't she? It sounds like you are easier to deal with than I was when it comes to floral!! I was so very specific about what I wanted for everything (my bouquet, DD's posy, the men's bouts, decor etc), that Karen must have had it etched in her head!! So much so, that when our floral arrived on the day of the VR, and she didn't think that it quite matched my vision, she sent it back to have adjustments made!!! She so understood my dream and made sure I got it!! I absolutely adored my floral, and it was everything I wished for!!! Karen is definitely a planner who knows her job and is not afraid to do it!!!
I absolutely love the lantern idea!! It will look so pretty!!
Sorry I can't help with the arch questions, but we didn't have one - we had pillars and urns. Make sure that Karen knows that the men's bouts etc and the arch floral should reflect your bouquet. She will make sure they do, if that's what you want!!! I would be reluctant to assume anything, sweetie. If Karen knows your vision in detail, she will deliver it!!!
Hi Jo!

Your floral was gorgeous! I showed my mom your bouquet and she about hit the floor!! :love: Karen is the BEST. I'm so happy I get to work with her! I'll definitely tell her I'd like it all to match.

Thanks for reading along everyone!

Faith,
Your love story is awesome and the proposal is so cute. It is insane just how alike I am to you and your DF is to mine. It is really weird lol. I agree that the new Disney Art princess dolls are weird, but the mugs are definitely one of the things that are actually pretty. Your ideas are really great. The lanterns on the chairs is really a cool idea and a great way to tie your two events together. I'm really excited to read more.

Faith,
Your love story is awesome and the proposal is so cute. It is insane just how alike I am to you and your DF is to mine. It is really weird lol. I agree that the new Disney Art princess dolls are weird, but the mugs are definitely one of the things that are actually pretty. Your ideas are really great. The lanterns on the chairs is really a cool idea and a great way to tie your two events together. I'm really excited to read more.
We are probably twins separated at birth! :hug: :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading along!! Can't wait to read more about your big day!

Update coming sometime this week, dear readers!

I love the bouquet you've picked, very pretty! I have no idea where the "aisle" at crescent terrace is either, but we're doing rose petals to line either side and Karen said the aisle is over 50' long. I love the lantern idea too, that is going to look really pretty. I can't wait to see how everything turns out! My aunt suggested shephard hooks down the walkway with pomanders and I think we're going to give that a try with maybe some pomanders hanging from chairs too. Darn all that concrete! lol

I love the bouquet you've picked, very pretty! I have no idea where the "aisle" at crescent terrace is either, but we're doing rose petals to line either side and Karen said the aisle is over 50' long. I love the lantern idea too, that is going to look really pretty. I can't wait to see how everything turns out! My aunt suggested shephard hooks down the walkway with pomanders and I think we're going to give that a try with maybe some pomanders hanging from chairs too. Darn all that concrete! lol

50' long! :scared1: I better start working out!! :lmao:

I love the idea of shepard hooks and pomanders-- that'd look gorgeous!

I don't like all the concrete either but I think we can spruce it up! :thumbsup2

Happy Tuesday, everyone!! :banana:

Happy Thursday everyone!!

I don't know about you all but I cannot wait for the weekend. Even though I had Monday off, this week is seriously dragging!

Today's subject: the dress hunt!!

I went to 4 bridal shops before I found "the one" and I had so much fun! I only took my mom with me to look as I knew that if I brought more people, I'd never been able to choose a dress with all the opinions that'd be floating around.

I made sure to drink plenty of water, bring snacks, and only make one appointment per day! I read horror stories about girls and their dress experiences and I was determined to not have a bad time!

Towards the end, all of the dresses kind of became one sparkly, white, fluffy blur.. but one dress really stood out in particular!!

Here are some of the dresses I tried on:

I loved this one on the hanger... not so much on me!! :laughing: :
016-1.jpg

This was my favorite dress for awhile-- I loved the stripes!:
023-1.jpg

I flat out hated this one on! :lmao: :
035-1.jpg

She became the new favorite:
033-2.jpg

This one was a little "too much":
086.jpg

I loved the sparkles on the bodice but thought the rest made me look like a mummy!:
005-1.jpg

Finally.. here she is!!! It's an Essence of Australia dress and I love it! It should be coming in any day now!

007-2.jpg

010.jpg

023-2.jpg

I just love how different my dress is. I love the layers, and that it's chiffon (I didn't want a heavy, satin dress in Florida!)

I plan on getting a tiara, but no veil. Any ideas on where I should start looking for a tiara?

I bought my shoes! They are Steve Madden and so sparkly!! I LOVE sparkles!:
3565244.jpg

And last but not least, Max plans on wearing a grey suit with a black tie and possibly a pair of black Converse shoes!
1073583.jpg

WHEW! That was a picture heavy post! Sorry about that!

In other news, Karen from Just Marry! emailed me that she is booking Rev. Tim Herring for our ceremony! I've heard great things about him! :thumbsup2

I guess that's it for today! Thanks for reading along!
:hug:

Up Next: Floral Inspiration!

I love your dress! One word: Gorgeous!!

Happy Tuesday, girls!

So, last weekend I got "the call" that my dress had finally made it to the shop. My mom and I cancelled our weekend plans and drove 2 1/2 hours to go try on the dress.

Not going to lie.. I was NERVOUS. I've been eating bad food recently and was worried the dress wasn't going to fit. :scared1:

The wonderful owner of the shop helped me try on the dress and was super sweet, as usual!

... the dress fit! Thank goodness!! :worship: BUT, I'm not entirely happy with the way I look in it. I'm going to hit the pool tomorrow and try to get my butt back into shape! :thumbsup2

I also asked Wendy, the shop owner, about adding a crinoline. She said my dress "wasn't made for a crinoline" so I didn't push it... but, my mom did. :lmao: Wendy brought out a slip and I fell in love with the extra poof. :love: It isn't too much different with the crinoline but I feel much princessier with it! princess:

Here's the dress without the crinoline:
502.jpg

And, here it is with the crinoline-- I don't think the picture does the poof justice, but it's noticeable in person!:
518.jpg

Notice how much happier I look with the poof? :rotfl2:

I also picked out my headband!! I tried on a tiara but I didn't look right, I tried a flower but wasn't a fan. This headband was perfect!

Here's a picture of it from the side:
516.jpg

And here I am making a funny face.. but, the real purpose of this picture is to show you the front of the headband:
517.jpg

My mom also tried on a dress and she really liked it! She would probably get the dress in purple as it looks great with her hair and eyes!:
531.jpg

I think she's a little nervous to wear a dress like this but I think she looks fantastic and don't want her in one of those frumpy Mother of the Bride dresses! :rolleyes1

In other wedding news, while we were picking up my dress, we found a Disney Store outlet!! I noticed that they had these awesome reusable tote bags that are Christmas themed. Since our date is so close to the holidays, we thought these would be perfect for our Welcome Bags! So, we bought them! Sorry the picture is so giant!
mail

I also added a 4 hour video package onto my contract! I'm very excited. Karen said she'd get in contact with their preferred vendors and let me know who she booked! No word yet but I'm excited to find out!

Finally, my Disney Bride shirt came! It's perfect! I will post a picture next time I update!

Next up: Our Menu!

You've picked out such a beautiful dress!!! I agree that the crinoline gives it that extra umph lol!!!! I'm a firm believer that every wedding dress should have a little poof!!!!!!:rotfl:

Oohhh you look so pretty, Faith! I love your dress, and I definitely like the little bit of poof.

And what is it about wedding attire that makes us brides make funny faces?! :lmao: I do it too!!!

Oh! You inspired me to make a reservation at the Garden Grove during our honeymoon! And I bought a restaurant.com coupon for $25 off for $2. Woo!!!

You've picked out such a beautiful dress!!! I agree that the crinoline gives it that extra umph lol!!!! I'm a firm believer that every wedding dress should have a little poof!!!!!!:rotfl:
I totally agree!! :lmao:
Oohhh you look so pretty, Faith! I love your dress, and I definitely like the little bit of poof.

And what is it about wedding attire that makes us brides make funny faces?! :lmao: I do it too!!!

Oh! You inspired me to make a reservation at the Garden Grove during our honeymoon! And I bought a restaurant.com coupon for $25 off for $2. Woo!!!
Thank you so much!!

And, I know!! I love seeing pictures of brides trying on their dresses as well just look so silly! :thumbsup2 I think we're too excited to realize that someone is taking a picture and we're actin' a fool!

Ooh! YAY! You'll love it! It's quiet, and the characters are very attentive!

Faith sweetie - I love everything!! Your dress is gorgeous - oh! what a princess it will make on the day!!!
Your Mum looks very elegant in that dress and I think it will be amazing in purple!!!
Everything seems to be going really well!!

Faith I love everything so far. Your shoes are really cute and I wouldn't mind a pair myself!

Pretty dress :thumbsup2 I like the sparkle in ur head band 2... ur mom looks so happy n her dress 2... i am happy 4 u that ur mom is by ur side :goodvibes

I totally agree about the crinoline! I love the poof :) and I think the headband is a really nice touch, very tasteful and elegant. Your mom looks so cute, I think I like that dress better than the other one we found! She looks good in purple. Tell her to get it! lol excited about the shirt and bags, and to see the menu ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter