Faith, trust and a bit of pixie dust! PTR

honeyb35

Mouseketeer
Decided I'd better do my PTR as we fly in the early hours of Thursday morning and as I have friends staying tomorrow and packing still to do.... :yay:
Sooo....here is us. The Adams family. Not quite as creepy as our namesakes...or are we?
photo.php

There is me, my husband Steve, and our 3 rug rats, Em 13, Matt 9 and Nat 7.

Although we all love disney in our own way (ok ok, me most of all!) the trip is pretty much all about our boy. Matt suffered encephalitis as a baby and was left severely brain damaged and suffering from epilepsy amongst other things. (Quick fact - it's actually world encephalitis day on the Saturday we are away). Matt cannot walk or talk, he is a full time wheelchair user, and as you can imagine, most family holidays aren't all that for him. He doesn't get much out of the beach, can't go swimming, can't join in kids clubs, often find places aren't fully accessible etc. that all changed when we visited dlp a couple of years ago. We found so much for him to do! He couldn't do all rides due to his disabilities but he recognised so many characters, and they couldn't do enough for him, he spent 3 days with a huge beam on his face, it was amazing to see!
So after a couple of years of saving, we're off again!
He doesn't do long distance travelling very well (think 4 hours of screaming when we went to legoland :confused3 ) so we have to fly - we have to set off at 2.30am as it's a couple of hours drive to birmingham, plus time to leave the car and get a coach to the airport! Yaaaaaawn!
We are staying at Santa Fe this time, we have stayed there before but not for years, so I'm looking forward to the cars theming, as it's one of his favourites, along with toy story and not forgetting jake and the Neverland pirates! Bit gutted that we couldn't stretch to sequoia lodge again but never mind!
Don't have too much of a plan yet - I know EMH has got to be done at some point as my daughters want to do dumbo and Peter Pan rides....boyo isn't able to do these rides and I don't want to spend hours in queues!
I'm interested to see how the new rules work in terms of the easy access pass with him for the rides he can do, but tbh, it's mainly about character spotting for us, oh and sending eldest daughter on phantom manor with her dad (she doesn't like roller coasters, takes after me! )
Hoping to spot captain jack sparrow this time (yes, for me! ) and to go on the buzz light year ride, but other than that, everything is a bonus! Matt loved the stunt show last time so I imagine we will squeeze that one in :)
We've pretty much got 4 days in the park this time due to flight times, should be in the park by lunchtime on thurs, and we don't leave on Sunday till about 4pm :)
Must check I've packed enough batteries for the camera too!
I am excited, but stress levels are always high, till we meet our taxi at the other end, then I'll relax! :cool1:

I hope you have a wonderful, magical time!
There's captain Jack meet'n'greet or it was last year. Check the program.

I'm sure your boy will love this trip.

Gorgeous family pic :thumbsup2
Hope you all have a brilliant time. Looking forward to reading about the fab time you have!!
:wizard:

Hope you all have a fab time. Did you email Santa Fe asking for some pixie dust? I hope you get loads x

Hope you all have a fab time. Did you email Santa Fe asking for some pixie dust? I hope you get loads x

I didn't, too shy lol, but a friend of mine apparently has? No idea what she said or whether it will work, not expecting anything so I guess anything would be a bonus?!
Thanks all! I planned to pack everything today....I got as far as chucking a few bits in a random suitcase as I couldn't manage to reach the ones I usually use, they are in the loft with all the xmas decs in the way! Must try harder tomorrow!
Passports and tickets are in my bag, thats the important stuff, right?
:rotfl2:

Thanks all! Just off to bed for a few hours sleep! After I've had to do an emergency shopping run that is - came home after picking one of my daughters up and ended up ripping my boot! Not impressed that I've got to spend 3 days in boots I've never worn before lol, watch out for the blisters! :/ :dance3:

honeyb35 said:
Thanks all! Just off to bed for a few hours sleep! After I've had to do an emergency shopping run that is - came home after picking one of my daughters up and ended up ripping my boot! Not impressed that I've got to spend 3 days in boots I've never worn before lol, watch out for the blisters! :/ :dance3:

Bon voyage! Was going to say boots blister plasters are great but Id say you are mid-air! Have a ball!! :banana: looking forward to all the details! :yay:

Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it on your return! Lovely family photo glad you reposted as I couldn't see your original one :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter