Fall/Fall Advantage 2008

I've driven it many a time from here, Ashley. It isn't THAT bad. We usually took 2 days to get down there. I'm driving so maybe we could go down together (in separate cars, of course cause Lord knows we're both taking tons of stuff).

That would be awesome! I think it would definitely make the trip more bearable. I've driven it once or twice, but my dad always drives:goodvibes Where do you usually stop for the night? We've stopped in Savannah before, but I can't remember where else...

Hey Ashley - are you planning on Auditioning? If so, what are the chances you'd go to Des Moines?!? I haven't found anyone else coming to Des Moines (of course it would help if the dates were posted :laughing: )!

Unless I change my mind in the next two days, I'm not planning on auditioning. Sorry! I'm hoping to get BBB, Character Attendant, or Attractions!

Oh good! Thanks so much! I was worried that not doing much dancing would be a big problem, but I think I'm coordinated to learn moves and such, hopefully! :) And being a character attendant would be piles of fun, I really just want to be in Disneyworld! =)

I didn't realize height mattered so much with characters, now I'm happy to be so short! hehe. I keep seeing this thing about some special Disney height dealie? What's that about?

They give special preference to people 4'8-5'0. They need people of this height.

That would be awesome! I think it would definitely make the trip more bearable. I've driven it once or twice, but my dad always drives:goodvibes Where do you usually stop for the night? We've stopped in Savannah before, but I can't remember where else...

Ummmm Paducha, I believe is where we usually stopped. We've been flying the past 5 or 6 years though so I'm not 100% positive

Hey guys! My name is Chelsea and I applied for Fall 08! I know some of you most likely know me from the facebook group. I had my interview last Wednesday (its already been a week!) Hoping to get to know some people before I hopefully go down!(keeping my fingers crossed) Goodluck everyone!!!

ive seen several facebook groups for fall 08, but what is the one that most of you are in?

:goodvibes Update! :goodvibes

I just had my phone interview!!! I think it went pretty well. I felt like I talked a ton though! I actually told her my top 5 roles that I'm interested in and I got questions on each of them. There was one question that I totally bs-ed my way through though! For character attendant she asked me what "integrity of the character" meant to me... Can an experienced CP shed some light on that for me please? Other than that though, it was pretty straightforward. She said that I will be receiving my job offer in the mail in 2-3 weeks and that I should accept my position quickly bc there is limited space available in the program. I'm just glad to have this part over with!!!! :dance3:

For character attendant she asked me what "integrity of the character" meant to me... Can an experienced CP shed some light on that for me please?

Haha - I'm learning all about that reading Iris's LiveJournal!!! Let's say you are being an attendant for Mulan and Mushu, but Mulan calls in sick. Instead of telling guests that she didn't come to work today (bad bad bad) you would say that Mulan was busy at her martial arts training (or something like that).

Also, no one is a character - characters are real after all - so a person would be a character's friend or just working with the character (that's another form of character integrity)!

:goodvibes Update! :goodvibes

I just had my phone interview!!! I think it went pretty well. I felt like I talked a ton though! I actually told her my top 5 roles that I'm interested in and I got questions on each of them. There was one question that I totally bs-ed my way through though! For character attendant she asked me what "integrity of the character" meant to me... Can an experienced CP shed some light on that for me please? Other than that though, it was pretty straightforward. She said that I will be receiving my job offer in the mail in 2-3 weeks and that I should accept my position quickly bc there is limited space available in the program. I'm just glad to have this part over with!!!! :dance3:

That's great that your interview went well.

For character attendant, you have to keep the spirit of the character alive. After all, the character is real. I love the example Berlioz70 gave. That's exactly what you do. If the character can't be there that day, you give an example why- not say "so-and-so had a cold and called in". I am a character attendant and if you have any questions about that role, feel free to let me know and I cant try to answer them.

I think I'm going to call to schedule my interview sometime this week...I'm just getting nervous that all of the roles I want will be taken or something!!!! :confused3

I've been off line for a while, but any word of audition dates and times?

~Leslie

I think I'm going to call to schedule my interview sometime this week...I'm just getting nervous that all of the roles I want will be taken or something!!!! :confused3

I've been off line for a while, but any word of audition dates and times?

~Leslie

Rumor mill says they should be posted within a week and that most of the auditions will take place in March.

As of now, only the locations have been posted!

Hey everyone ! My name is Emily and I've just applied and schedualed my interview! SUPER EXCITED!!!!! My interview is for this wednesday at 1:30. I was nervous, like pee my pants nervous, until I read through all u guys' posts. lol Not so nervous anymore, more like I want to jump the gun and scream "I'M GOING TO WORK AT DISNEY". lol

I'm hoping to get a posistion at the Bibiddi Bopiddi Boutique, if not maybe hospitality, operations, or attractions.

Hey everyone ! My name is Emily and I've just applied and schedualed my interview! SUPER EXCITED!!!!! My interview is for this wednesday at 1:30. I was nervous, like pee my pants nervous, until I read through all u guys' posts. lol Not so nervous anymore, more like I want to jump the gun and scream "I'M GOING TO WORK AT DISNEY". lol

I'm hoping to get a posistion at the Bibiddi Bopiddi Boutique, if not maybe hospitality, operations, or attractions.

Hi there, and welcome to DIS.:)

Good luck with your interview.:thumbsup2

Rumor mill says they should be posted within a week and that most of the auditions will take place in March.

As of now, only the locations have been posted!

Strike that - I was going through old e-mails and noticed that I got last year's dates on March 5th - so I'm guessing we still have about another month on waiting!

However, the website did say they should be up by mid-February...

In response to a few replies from before...

I will be coming from Austin, TX! I grew up in California until I was about 9.. so I have been do Disneyland quite a few times. I have never been to WDW.. or even to Florida.. but from looking at all of the stuff online, the CP at WDW looked like a lot more fun with a lot more opportunities.

I had my interview last Friday. I have to fax my stuff character list in and then we'll see what happens from there!!! I am so excited.. I can't handle this wait anymore!! I'm going stir-crazy...:rotfl:

Soooo does anyone know anything about this renter's insurance that we're supposed to get? Should we get it before hand, or when we get there? I dunno how this stuff works. But I dooooooo like it, if it covers any stolen items.

You can do some research on renters insurance before coming down, but I would recommend getting it after you arrive (since you won't have pertinent information like your actual residence until check-in). The Price Management front desks and Disney Housing Operations all have information on various providers of insurance.

I know State Farm was offering something like 7K of coverage for $5 a month- to give you some reference point. That covered any type of "act of god" (flood, fire, etc.), theft and most other incidents that could happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter