"Family Guy" visits the Disney Universe

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
Did anyone else enjoy last night's "Family Guy" episode where Brian and Stewie are taken to the Disney universe where everything is Disneyfied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0p7MmcyyuI

They sing about pie, which reminded me of the cake vs pie feuds here on chat. I wonder if the "Family Guy" writers read the boards!

Of course ... they don't stay in the Disney universe as ... well ... it's not perfect. I'll leave that to you when you watch it.

I totally LOVED that! Family Guy was hilarious last night, and that clip was a big part of why :)

I will be looking out for that one when it finally hits BBC! So funny!

I want pie now.... and cake too! :goodvibes

I saw it! As soon as I saw the animation I said "Disney Universe!" But was Walt supposedly an antisemite? There have been a lot of jokes about that on Family Guy.

I saw it! As soon as I saw the animation I said "Disney Universe!" But was Walt supposedly an antisemite? There have been a lot of jokes about that on Family Guy.

I did read that somewhere here on the internet along with other things that Mr Disney supposedly was & did.

On another note, Family Guy was pretty funny last night, my husband loves that show, I on the other hand could take it or leave it, they do push the envelope quite a bit!

I'm sure there will be a fair number of people who are insulted by this clip, but they picked on a BUNCH of things... And I loved the disney references... All done in jest, but it was well done overall... Lots of little nuances for disney fans.

Thanks for the heads up that Family Guy is back, gonna go get it downloaded :)

:goodvibes

But was Walt supposedly an antisemite? There have been a lot of jokes about that on Family Guy.

From some of the Disney biographies I have read, I've understood that Walt wasn't treated fairly by some of the other studios, many of which were run by Jews, so that might have been understood to be anti-semitism. If your biggest character was taken away from you because of a legality (Oswald), you'd be cursing people out too.

Listening to DVD commentaries etc, Seth MacFarlane really doesn't like Disney...

:goodvibes

It's so perfectly done, animation-wise. it's a little scary!

They had me until the anti-Semitic joke. The Neal Gabler bio asserted Walt wasn't, but someone they couldn't pin down in hiring seemed to be. I'm kinda sick of that joke, partially because of the anti-Nazi cartoons disney did during WWII, and with no profit. But he hates Jews...yeesh.

I try to accept and not take it too "seriously", but yikes...

What a disgrace. Making false accusations about a dead man is appalling. How come in this world today, ever person who is famous is either racist, sexist, or some thing politically incorrect.

That was a total bash on Disney. Just like they totally bashed Christianity in that episode. Last "Family Guy" I will ever watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter