"Family Magic Tour" or "Behind the Seeds"?

debraW76

DIS Veteran
Which would you recommend for family of 2 adults, 2 year old boy, two 6 year old boys, 8 year old girl, and 9 year old boy?

and WHY?

I agree that for the whole group the family magic will probably be more active/entertaining.

I would expect that the younger children would not get anything much out of the behind the seeds - we've taken it several times and it is more adult-oriented. Your two elder children may enjoy it but the youngsters would probably just get bored and restless. On this tour you must stay on the proper paths and not step into the planting areas, not touch the plants unless approved/invited to do so by the guide, and stand for periods while they tell/show you details about the plants and procedures of the greenhouse. I just imagine most 2-to-6-year old children would not have this kind of horticultural interest.

thanks to both of you. now all I have to do is convince my husband that we need the family tour instead of the behind the seeds (that was his preference)

You guys didn't know that you were settling a marital dispute did you :rotfl2:

Family Magic...definitely! The Behind the Seeds tour is really more adult oriented, although older children would be fine. It's a more involved tour of the greenhouses you visit in the Livinig with the Land boat ride. If they aren't big into gardening your kids wouldn't get much out of it and would probably be bored.

The Family Magic Tour, on the other hand, is an experience they will probably love. We did it when our DS was 4 and he had a blast!

My family is planning on doing the Behind the Seeds tour. I love to garden and my DH is extremely supportive of that even though he's not really all that into it. DH does all of the heavy work such as plowing the main garden, building garden boxes, planting trees, and digging up flower beds for me, etc. He likes the end result (fresh, organic fruits and vegetables), but has little patience for the actual work of growing.

My son, daughter, and even my step-daughter share my love of gardening. They are the ones who insisted that we go on that tour. I'd like to think that they are doing the tour just for me because they love me so much and know how much I love to garden. :lmao:

If your entire family is really into gardening, then I vote the Behind the Seeds tour. If not, you might find more collective enjoyment in the Family Magic tour.

'Wow! I don't know you, but I know you're amazing! 5 kids! 4 boys! A set of Twins! A 2 year old! And going to Disney! (I have 4 sisters older than me, including a set of twins. So I know you must be super-parents!)

It didn't cost that much for Behind the Seeds. If you can manage the kids for an hour (of course you can, but I mean it's different at Disney, because that's a whole diff ball game from any other place.... especially with 4 boys... even more so when there are twins!), why don't you let hubbie go on that one by himself?!
Maybe ye can go on the ride that goes thru that same area? Nice slow moving boat.. And there's one of those Kidcot activity centres nearby.

I did it and enjoyed it. But I was with family that day, and knew nobody else would be too interested, so I went on my own.

'Wow! I don't know you, but I know you're amazing! 5 kids! 4 boys! A set of Twins! A 2 year old! And going to Disney! (I have 4 sisters older than me, including a set of twins. So I know you must be super-parents!)

It didn't cost that much for Behind the Seeds. If you can manage the kids for an hour (of course you can, but I mean it's different at Disney, because that's a whole diff ball game from any other place.... especially with 4 boys... even more so when there are twins!), why don't you let hubbie go on that one by himself?!
Maybe ye can go on the ride that goes thru that same area? Nice slow moving boat.. And there's one of those Kidcot activity centres nearby.

I did it and enjoyed it. But I was with family that day, and knew nobody else would be too interested, so I went on my own.

You are like my new BFF!!! Thank you for all the compliments. :hug:
Actually they are not twins - one is my step son and they are 5 months apart. they are in different grades though and that makes them seem more like a full year apart. they all 5 live at home with us fulltime.

I just told my husband that my new BFF said that he needs to take all 5 on the behind the seeds tour and he cursed the disboards :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
and I saw your comment on why you editted. Please don't give me any more kids :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

We (Me, DH, DS 7) took the Behind the Seeds tour. My husband is the family gardener and he loved it. I thought it was interesting, but our 7-year-old fizzled out before the halfway mark. :faint: Even releasing ladybugs didn't grab his interest. The greenhouses were pretty humid, which was suprising for the last week in October. We probably won't take the tour again until DS is old enough to tour EPCOT on his own while we tour the greenhouses.

Having done the behind the seeds tour I would say that for small children like you will have in your group they may lose interest really fast. It is very cool and VERY educational. With small kids for my dollar I would go on the family magic tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter