Family Magic Tour

My 11 dd had a great time on the tour, but I think part of that was having her 5 year old brother there. She was definitely the oldest the day that we went. On the other hand, I didn't book dh and ds (13) on the tour, because ds said that there was no way that he would hop, skip, and jump around the MK, but I wish I had booked them without asking. I think that he would have had a good time. Though he and dh had some great time by themselves, too.

It's hard to say what age is "too old" without knowing your children.

Edited to add: We had only Peter Pan at the end of our tour, but he did a phenomenal job of making all the kids feel like they were getting attention. There were only 4 other kids (plus a baby) on the tour, so maybe they only needed one character.

Beth

Hands down, this was our favorite Disney memory ever! We'll be doing it again in December "05 for our younger two. We had a visit with Mary Poppins at the end (I was hoping for Peter Pan or Wendy, but oh well). She made such an impression on my (then) 5 year old daughter that she spoke with an English accent for the rest of the afternoon.

I think you can definitely go without kids. You don't have to do any of the really silly stuff. It is the tour guide's job to make sure everyone has a good time. No one will embarass you, and you'll learn some really neat things about Magic Kingdom, but it's not a tour designed to learn things-it's really just for fun.

We had a so-so experience on our FM tour last June. Our two boys (3 and 6) weren't in to it as much as we thought, so that could be part of the reason. Our tour guide, IMO, could have done a better job of keeping all the kids involved and doing the tour at a slower pace. We'd be the last to arrive at each of the stops (based on the map), and we'd miss some or all of the discussion of whatever she was saying.

I have this booked for my myself, DH, DD5, and DS4 on 12/10. After reading the good reviews, I am even more excited. I was thinking of cancelling it, thinking my kids might be too young, but I think they will enjoy it after reading the good reviews!!

We did this tour in Feb. my boys were 11 & 8. They had a blast and so did my DH & I. We did it with 2 other families, 11 people in total including us. My boys were the oldest, so they got to carry & read the map. The CM was great and really got all the kids involved. She called everyone by name and even got the parents involved.

I think the tour depends on how much YOU make of it. 1 of the families consisted of young grandparents with 3 granddaughters under the age of 6. The girls were shy and very clingy, and didn't participate very much. I'm not they had the greatest of times even though the CM really put forth the effort to have them praticipate.

When I ask my kids for some of the highlights of the trip, this tour is always in the top 5. Even my DH had a wonderful time!

Thanks for all the great replies! 01Sweetpea - my boys will be the same age as yours were (8 & 11 ). They've been to MK several times, so I think this tour might add something new & different to the trip. They love scavenger hunts & acting goofy, so I think they might enjoy this.

On another note, we'll be going with my DB & his family. Does anyone know if there is a charge for 1 year olds?

I just booked this tour yesterday. There is no charge for a 1 year old, however they are welcome to attend. Seems to be a pattern for Disney as they don't charge for most things if the child is under 3.

I wrote in great detail about my family's experience with the Family Magic Tour (including Peter Pan & Wendy's visit). I highly recommend the tour. We were the guests of another Dis'er and her children and both of our families had the best time. Click here to read about the Family Magic Tour (just look for the post on that page entitled "Day 2: Grand Floridian (Part 2)"). I have links in my post to many photos that I took throughout the tour.

We did this in January and will say this: if you are a fun-loving adult who enjoys acting like a kid again, go for it...just be prepared to get silly and lose yourself in the moment. The scavenger hunt isn't overly hard, but you will have to think a little and search a little for where the map is telling you to go.

We enjoyed watching our two DDs (6 and 4 at the time) participating and they truly believe that we alone saved the MK!! It's the best when they tell anyone who will listen the story of how they saved the park one day.

Did it last October, with my two dds, 5 and 7. 5 year is a huge Peter Pan fan. Tour was great and the interaction with Peter was amazing. The Picture with Peter is on my board at work, one the all time favorite family memories.

I think is a great tour for families who are staying a while or have been before.

Anybody have a character other than Peter Pan? Would also love to hear some more reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter