• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Fantasmic- busy in Nov?

disneydebi

Mouseketeer
For all those who've been to WDW in November...
Is Fantasmic still crowded and busy then? There is only one show per night, so I'm wondering if it's worth doing the dinner package so we don't have to get there super early to get seats.
with 2 impatient children, i can't imagine getting there super early to get seats? And do you have to wait in line for a long time, or are you just waiting in your seats for all that time?

anyone with experience, please give me your opinion.
thanks.

We're going in November,also. I made a PS for H&V. A lot of the rooms are at capacity for this time so I think that its a good bet that Fanstasmic will be busy.

We've gone to Fantasmic in November, but not the dinner package. The night we went it was very crowded, it basically shot our evening to sit and wait, so the dinner package may be worth it, but can't say for sure. We read on these boards that it would be busy, so we actually went in when the ropes went down,and then waited in our seats for the show to start. I just remember feeling like we waited FOREVER and wishing we could go on ToT! We're thinking of doing the dinner package for next time.

As long as the dinner package is available, this is what I will do for Fantasmic - no matter what time of year.

We were there the week before Thanksgiving last year and Fantasmic was crowded. We went in shortly after the ropes went down and I think we sat there for about 45 minutes...maybe even longer. It does seem like forever, and the kids got a little impatient, but it was also well worth it!

I tried to get the dinner package for any restaurant on either Nov 1 or Nov 2. I was told NOTHING was available!! I may try calling again close to the date.
However, as a backup plan, I've that some people go in and get their seats then one member of their party goes out and gets nearby counter service food to eat dinner while waiting for the show to begin. I've heard that they will let you bring food in and there is counter service nearby, but not dinner counter service right in the stadium.
Can anyone confirm this???
Jill

Yes, it is crowded in Fantasmic in November and yes, it does fill up. We went last year and were amazed how long the stream of people kept coming in. We did the dinner package and were glad that we did. We were seated closer to the center from where the people are usually seated for the package. The seats were great and we only had to wait 30 minutes. Definitely worth it!

arrgg.....
Decided to go ahead and do the package, but of course there is nothing available for the week we are going to be there...
looks like we're standing in line, or missing it!

:confused:

I also tried to book the Fantasmic Dinner Package for our trip Nov 6-13 and none of the dates were available. I booked us instead for lunch at 50's Prime Time and we'll get seats for Fantasmic as soon as we can get let in and I'll send DH to get some fast food for dinner.

I've read here that many people have gotten Fantasmic packages when they've called b/t one month and two weeks before their date. And I've also heard that at 90 days out, they only open up the really early dining times.
When I called for Nov 1 or Nov 2 and was told they were completely sold out, I paniced! We picked the beg. of Nov to do b/c we thought it wouldn't be crowded...hah!
I asked the CM if it were true that sometime more seats opened up and should I try again about 30 days before. He was rather unhelpful and just replied "we never know when more seats are going to open up...sometimes we go to look and are surprised to see available seats"
So, it might be worth trying again closer to the time you are going.
Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter