• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Dessert Party

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to it? I didn't realize they had one until I just searched for a dinner adr on our DHS evening. It's less expensive than the others and my son so enjoyed the one at MK. We're going with other family members this time and this one is much more in line with everyone's budget, it's half the price of the Star Wars dessert party. :confused3

I’ve done it. The desserts are below average but the seating (with the dinner package people), convenience and price are great.

Anyone have thoughts on doing the Fantasmic Dessert seating versus just getting a FP+ for seating? We are getting to DHS later one day and don't really have time to use all three FPs earlier anyway.

We did it last year when it was just beginning. It was a decent tray of snacks, a drink in a light up cup, and a lanyard with a light up thing at the end. The seating wasn't an issue for us as my son is in a wheelchair so we have to sit up top. BUT it was a nice addition to the show and my kids felt special by getting the treats and goodies. I would definately do it again the next time we see Fantasmic!

I'm a little confused about the timing. When I check the reservations page for the event on July 6, there are several options to choose from in terms of the time. The times listed are 8, 8:30, 9:30 and 10:00 pm but when I click on 9:30 for example, there are even more options provided (i.e. 8:20 and 9:50, as well as 9:30). I'm really not understanding how this works in relation to the actual scheduling of the fireworks which are scheduled for 9 and 10:30 pm that day. Do they space out the arrivals for the guests depending on which fireworks showing you choose?

I'm a little confused about the timing. When I check the reservations page for the event on July 6, there are several options to choose from in terms of the time. The times listed are 8, 8:30, 9:30 and 10:00 pm but when I click on 9:30 for example, there are even more options provided (i.e. 8:20 and 9:50, as well as 9:30). I'm really not understanding how this works in relation to the actual scheduling of the fireworks which are scheduled for 9 and 10:30 pm that day. Do they space out the arrivals for the guests depending on which fireworks showing you choose?
First off just a reminder that Fantasmic is not a fireworks show, it has some fireworks but it's mostly a theatrical show with characters, lasers, water screens, fire and very little fireworks.
As to your question I think they are trying to spread out the arrival of guests but you all sit in the same area,The first show is at 9am so if you want that one book for something before 9pm, the second being at 10:30pm means that people will start to sit around 10pm since the show is 30 minutes long and they have to empty and clean the theater first

To those that have done the dessert seating: does earlier check-in make the seating choices significantly better? All I know is I don't want to end up in the very front couple rows ;-)

To those that have done the dessert seating: does earlier check-in make the seating choices significantly better? All I know is I don't want to end up in the very front couple rows ;-)

For virtually anything, arriving earlier will offer better choices.

First off just a reminder that Fantasmic is not a fireworks show, it has some fireworks but it's mostly a theatrical show with characters, lasers, water screens, fire and very little fireworks.
As to your question I think they are trying to spread out the arrival of guests but you all sit in the same area,The first show is at 9am so if you want that one book for something before 9pm, the second being at 10:30pm means that people will start to sit around 10pm since the show is 30 minutes long and they have to empty and clean the theater first
Thank you for the info yulilin3! It's been a long time since we have done this show (pre-dining and dessert packages) so I may consider this as an option for our upcoming trip.

As others have already stated, it's just a dessert tray. However, I did it last November mainly for the seating.

I did it in April. Price was pretty reasonable. Drinks and food were good. Seats were great.

Here is what I didn’t like:

It poured rain, which made it hard to eat the food without it being ruined.

We had to wait in three different lines to get our food. And nothing was marked or had obvious signs, so we ended up waiting in five different lines because we got in the wrong line first. The lines were confusing and chaotic and the people standing in front of us got into a verbal altercation with another group about cutting. To be fair, it was quite challenging to figure out where to be and what we were doing. Maybe the heavy rain made it a little more chaotic than normal. Definitely didn’t feel like a VIP experience.

In April, we had to stop by a little stand with an umbrella to get our lanyards first (we missed this stand and went straight to the food/drink line). The stand had a line.

Then we had to go to the food line (on the left- we didn’t know there were two lines for different things, so we went to the drink line first and were told after a while that we needed to do the food line first).

Then you go to the drink line (quite a long line) to get your drinks.

So proper order is umbrella stand first for lanyards. Food line second. Drink line third. (We did drink line, food line, umbrella stand, food line, then drink line due to a lack of signage and clarity).

It was really not organized well. Maybe it isn’t so crazy when it’s not raining, and maybe (and even better) they’ve changed the procedures since April. I got a survey about the experience and explained my dissatisfaction with the procedure. I imagine others did as well.

Fortunately it stopped raining just before the show and the show was excellent, as usual. I would have been sorely disappointed if they cancelled the show on top of all that.

They hand you a box of snacks and what sounds like a terrible drink, and you get to sit in a reserved section.

If you can call that a party, then I guess it is one.

The situation may change when Toy Story Land opens, but for the next couple of weeks, you’re looking for seating at a 20 year-old show in a park under heavy construction. Under these circumstances, there is no reason to spend an extra penny for decent seats.

Can anyone explain why I can't book the dessert party for dec 11th 2019? I'm 180 out but they dont even show dates in November.. Is the party offer ending?

Can anyone explain why I can't book the dessert party for dec 11th 2019? I'm 180 out but they dont even show dates in November.. Is the party offer ending?
Party schedules aren't always released 180 days out. They come out more randomly. Frozen one in EPCOT just got released less than 60 days out for our trip.

We’ve done it twice and enjoyed it. The alcoholic drink is very good. We arrived at the earliest time, walked right in, picked up our bag and drinks and picked a spot. You get light up lanyards and souvenirs cups. We don’t like wasting lots of time on sit down dining so this is a great alternative. They do have cheeses and crackers along with the desserts- we ate a late lunch and it was enough to skip dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter