FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

With this conflicting information regarding standing-room v.s. seated areas I do wonder what will be implemented on the day of. Hopefully the areas along the waterfront do remain seated areas.

I considered HB but then I remembered (after someone mentioned on this board) that previously the on-the-go just gave you a regular FP, not access to the reserved seating area. So you still had to line up with everyone else who just made sure to pull a FP for Fantasmic earlier that day. Nope, not going to pay a premium for that!

Eh, I'd be fine with it as long as it was a guarantee I'd have access to the yellow section.

Definitely looking forward to feedback on the table seatings for Fantasmic. I'm having trouble seeing how they will have a predictably good view. Maybe they're going to put the tables up on blocks. ;)
Aren't there some areas there that are elevated? I seem to remember eating at a table there and looking down on passers-by. At least, they weren't looking down at us, anyway.

Aren't there some areas there that are elevated? I seem to remember eating at a table there and looking down on passers-by. At least, they weren't looking down at us, anyway.
The whole terrace is slightly elevated. But it's still not enough to seem like a good view will be guaranteed. I would also doubt they put in high-top tables as those wouldn't work well during normal dining operations.

I'm also curious about how they're going to handle the premium seating option for RBT. The outdoor table area is elevated, but only the tables along the front railing will have a relatively unobstructed view. The ones further back (middle or back of the patio) would normally have their view obstructed by the umbrellas, heaters, posts within the dining area and by guests at the tables in front of them. Maybe they're going to take down/remove the umbrellas/heaters this time, but I don't know what they'd do about the other guests (maybe allow folks in the back to stand up?).

Happy we will know all the details before we go the end of September.

To keep people from blocking the walkway between the waterfront and RBT would they block it? Route people through adventure land?

Definitely looking forward to feedback on the table seatings for Fantasmic. I'm having trouble seeing how they will have a predictably good view. Maybe they're going to put the tables up on blocks. ;)

I am very curious about this. Way, way back in the day when it first opened, my family often ate at RBT and held a table for the show. You cannot see unless you're sitting at one of the tables along the railing. It hasn't changed much since then in terms of layout, so I would assume unless they only reserve those tables on the edge, it's not going to work well.

The view itself is just okay. There will be so many people standing in front that it seems strange to me assuming the FP areas are the same as they used to be. I have to guess that they'll use elevated tables. Otherwise, I'm not sure it would be worth the "premium" title it's given.

A couple of FP questions ... hoping someone can help.

What does that look like for a stroller as a wheelchair and seating?
Do they have handicap sections marked off in each colored area?
How early would we need to be there before it starts?

My daughter has multiple medical issues and I am trying to decide if FP is the best route or if I should find a way to do a HB to go?

Great! Thank you! I had read somewhere that reservations 6:00 pm and later might get the second show and I was worried that would be too late for us.
I think there is a cutoff somewhere, at least this is what I was told on the phone today. I had a 6:50 BB reservation on a Sunday, and when asking to convert to Fantasmic, was told it was for second showing. She was able to change it to an earlier showing.

However, she also said two things that didn't add up:
1) She said to refresh the web page, and I would see the reservation updated, but the confirmation number would be the same. However, my confirmation number changed (and others here have reported the same - new confirmation number).
2) She said she could not convert my 6:50pm time because the second show was sold out. It seems odd to me the second show would sell out before the first.

Anyway, it seems for some reason my 6:50pm was for the second showing, and she had to move it earlier for the first showing. So there probably is a cutoff. Maybe 6:30? Might depend on the day/showtime too.

The title of my reservation when logged in to the website (clicking on Things To Do -> My Reservations) is now: "Blue Bayou Restaurant Fantasmic! Dinner Dining Package 1st Show"

I think there is a cutoff somewhere, at least this is what I was told on the phone today. I had a 6:50 BB reservation on a Sunday, and when asking to convert to Fantasmic, was told it was for second showing. She was able to change it to an earlier showing.

However, she also said two things that didn't add up:
1) She said to refresh the web page, and I would see the reservation updated, but the confirmation number would be the same. However, my confirmation number changed (and others here have reported the same - new confirmation number).
2) She said she could not convert my 6:50pm time because the second show was sold out. It seems odd to me the second show would sell out before the first.

Anyway, it seems for some reason my 6:50pm was for the second showing, and she had to move it earlier for the first showing. So there probably is a cutoff. Maybe 6:30? Might depend on the day/showtime too.

The title of my reservation when logged in to the website (clicking on Things To Do -> My Reservations) is now: "Blue Bayou Restaurant Fantasmic! Dinner Dining Package 1st Show"

Interesting! Someone reported earlier that they had one after 7:00 pm and it was listed as the first show. But someone else was told 6:00 pm and after was second show. :confused3 What time is your new reservation? I wish the River Belle Terrace packages specified which show it was for. They just say "Fantasmic Dinner Dining Package."

I am very curious about this. Way, way back in the day when it first opened, my family often ate at RBT and held a table for the show. You cannot see unless you're sitting at one of the tables along the railing. It hasn't changed much since then in terms of layout, so I would assume unless they only reserve those tables on the edge, it's not going to work well.

The view itself is just okay. There will be so many people standing in front that it seems strange to me assuming the FP areas are the same as they used to be. I have to guess that they'll use elevated tables. Otherwise, I'm not sure it would be worth the "premium" title it's given.
Elevated tables would certainly help, otherwise it seems the view would be rather obstructed.
It would be difficult to close the walkway in front of RBT, but perhaps the changes to Adventureland will allow some new "traffic patterns" :idea:

I looked through my old photos before they began using the RBT as a F! dining package location to see hwow much of the view was obstructed by guests in the walkway and viewing areas between the terrace and the water. Some of the "on the water" elements are blocked, but the above water items were pretty easy to see. I over exposed this photo to try and see the people better. This is from one of the tables right along the railing.
upload_2017-7-6_18-25-11.png

I looked through my old photos before they began using the RBT as a F! dining package location to see hwow much of the view was obstructed by guests in the walkway and viewing areas between the terrace and the water. Some of the "on the water" elements are blocked, but the above water items were pretty easy to see. I over exposed this photo to try and see the people better. This is from one of the tables right along the railing.
View attachment 249366

That's pretty helpful. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Interesting! Someone reported earlier that they had one after 7:00 pm and it was listed as the first show. But someone else was told 6:00 pm and after was second show. :confused3 What time is your new reservation? I wish the River Belle Terrace packages specified which show it was for. They just say "Fantasmic Dinner Dining Package."

My new reservation is for 4:40pm, she said it was the only other available time for a party of 6. It is on Sunday, August 27th. It could be that different dates have different cutoff times. Maybe they're giving out more times for the first show when it first opens? Maybe my Sunday at the end of August the show is earlier? Just guessing here.

A couple of FP questions ... hoping someone can help.

What does that look like for a stroller as a wheelchair and seating?
Do they have handicap sections marked off in each colored area?
How early would we need to be there before it starts?

My daughter has multiple medical issues and I am trying to decide if FP is the best route or if I should find a way to do a HB to go?

If it's like World of Color, there will be sections for the people that need the space.

I would just make sure to have a Fastpass then ask a Cast Member an hour or two before the show. They will be able to give you more advice.

Last edited:
I managed to grab a normal BB reservation at 7:30 on the 17th. I called to inquire about changing it to the F! and the cast member said she would add a note to the the reservation, but no email confirmation or other note on the website shows this. This would be for the 2nd show of the night.

I may call back tomorrow to ensure this is all good. Did anyone have a different experience converting a normal BB or RBT reservation?

Will definitely be interested to see the menus...do you think they will become available before the first show?

I was able to make a reservation at 7:30 and it says it's for the 1st show. I feel like 7:30 is pretty late for 9:00 pm show :/

I may call back tomorrow to ensure this is all good. Did anyone have a different experience converting a normal BB or RBT reservation?
They did the same thing for me and I called back later and they said that they should have reserved it as a package and generate a new confirmation #. As long as you have the note though it is easy enough to change it because you have proof that they allowed the package.

How did the menus differ from the "normal" menus in the past? I didn't realize that we couldn't order off the regular menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter