Fantasmic Dinner Package

Samsma

DIS Veteran
Can anyone reccommend a resturant included in this plan, one that's good for kids- 12 and 6.l We are going in July- what time should I get a PS for?

For that age range I would suggest Hollywood and Vine. It is a buffet, but the food is fabulous. I think it offers a wide enough variety that even picky eaters can find things to satisfy their appetite. I just wish it was still a character dining meal.

We had the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Hollywood and Vine also with our 6 yo and we all were well fed and enjoyed not having to line up for seats to the show. It is also not as expensive as the other 2 restaurants! Enjoy!

I concur at Hollywood & Vine would be the place to have the PS for the dinner show. The food is excellent for both adults and children. A big plus for kids is the make your own sundae bar. (for adults too)
As for time, I would suggest that you check the historical records for Fantasmic shows in July and then make the appropriate reservation. I am not sure if you can make the reservation more than 90 days out though, better check with dining reservations. Some nights there are two shows, so this might also have a bearing whether you would want to see the early show or the late show.
IMHO a reservation at 6:30pm in July would work out very well.

have a great time
:moped: :moped:

Another vote for H&V! We really enjoyed our meal there. There's so much on the buffet everyone should be able to find something they like. I know all four of us did, and we can all be pretty picky at times.

As far as what time to make a PS, we made ours for 6:30 in June and that was perfect. Plenty of time to eat and get to Fantasmic. You can make your PS 90 days out from the date.

Also be aware that when you make the PS you may only be given the option to dine at 4 or 4:30 - nothing later. That happens a lot. What I (and a lot of other people) do is just go ahead and make a PS for that time, then call back later because they open up later dining times for the package usually within a month of your trip. I know in our case, later times opened up about 3 weeks out.

Where can I go to find out what time the show is on in Jan? We have reservations on Jan. 19/05. We have the ps for Hollywood & Vine.
tigercat

I looked but the only information I got was the hours of operation for M.G.M. It closes at 7 p.m. so will Fantasmic finish before the close of the park? We have ps for 4 p.m. As well how long is Fantasmic? If it closes by 7 and takes an hour that makes it 6 p.m. start. We should be there for 5 p.m. so 4 p.m. will mean we will eat and go right there.
tigercat

tigercat said:
I looked but the only information I got was the hours of operation for M.G.M. It closes at 7 p.m. so will Fantasmic finish before the close of the park? We have ps for 4 p.m. As well how long is Fantasmic? If it closes by 7 and takes an hour that makes it 6 p.m. start. We should be there for 5 p.m. so 4 p.m. will mean we will eat and go right there.
tigercat

Fantasmic is at 7PM on January 19th. From Walt Disney World webiste calendar:

Daily Schedule for January 19, 2005

Disney-MGM Studios
Park Hours: 9:00am - 7:00pm

Parades and Fireworks
Stars and Motor Cars Parade 3:30pm

FANTASMIC! 7:00pm

Hope this helps with your planning.

Ali

Thanks. I am having a little trouble with my computer especially with the Disney site. I just couldn't get anything to come up. There will be 5 of us at the dinner. 4 adults and one 10 yr. old. Do you think 4 p.m. dinner will be okay? That is 3 hrs. before the show but I guess that would give us time to have a nice dinner and still get there at a decent time..
tigercat

I would say Hollywood and Vine as well. Although we have no children, we saw lots of children enjoying their choices from the buffet and many had a ball with the build your own sundae. Many food choices....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter