Fantasmic Package - H&V

Fooboy

Mouseketeer
I just got a Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Hollywood and Vine. How is the atmosphere there? Im sure it's fairly loud and chaotic. or am I wrong? Also, is the buffet pretty nice?

foobs

I think the noise level would depend on your ps time. We had a Fantasmic pkg this summer and ate at 4:45... it was pretty quiet. The food was good, plenty of selections to choose from. My children ate well.

Hollywood & Vine is styled like an art deco diner from the golden age of Hollywood. The food is good and we've always had great service there. Note that the restroom hallway connects to the 50's Primetime Cafe. We enjoy exiting through the Cafe's waiting room.

We we did H&V as part of FDP in June. Ate there at peak time,right after parade finished. While it wasn't exactly quiet,I did not notice the noise level was overly loud. Food was good and variety worked well for all family members.

We had a early package time around 3:45 or so. The noise level isn't bad at all. The food may appeal to the adults more then the kids I think. Felt kind of rushed at the end of this. In my opinion, the package isn't worth it. Just my 2 cents.:wave:

We did this in September, hit H&V right after the parade for our PS time of 5:10. We were seated immediately and I don't remember it being loud at all. The food is very good for a buffet - salmon, flank steak, not just your typical buffet-type offerings. The desserts were not outstanding, the one weak point.
The only problem with this restaurant is the tendency to stuff yourself and regret it later!!

Will be doing the FDP @ H&V Dec 5th (Friday). Our PS is for 4:50 and Fantasmic is @ 7. How long should I expect to be in H&V and what realistically can we do before the show? Any suggestions out there?

Originally posted by Planogirl
Note that the restroom hallway connects to the 50's Primetime Cafe. We enjoy exiting through the Cafe's waiting room.

Oh my! I never realized that!!!

Originally posted by jeankeri
Will be doing the FDP @ H&V Dec 5th (Friday). Our PS is for 4:50 and Fantasmic is @ 7. How long should I expect to be in H&V and what realistically can we do before the show? Any suggestions out there?

If Fantasmic is @ 7, they will tell you to be at the FDP entrance no later than 6:30 . . . that only leaves an hour & 40 minutes to eat & get over there. We were faced with a similar time table with a party of 6. We stopped by H&V to ask if it would help to arrive earlier than our PS. They weren't even seating anyone at that point. They told us to come back in 10 minutes - which was the time they started seating for the evening. The meal wasn't a problem, but getting the bill was. It got quite crowded & our server had more tables than she should have I think. I guess we could have put out a foot & tripped her to get the bill, but . . . . (j/k)

Anyway, it took us nearly 2 hours to eat & get out of there. Because we'd gone early, we had time to run over & see the Muppets again and still make it to the FDP entrance on time.

I suggest you try to arrive early to be on the safe side. If you end up finishing early, a nice stroll through the park or some serious souvenir shopping sounds good.

dont mean to jump in on th OPs question with another question, but since you are sort of on the timeing question, if there are two shows on the nite of your dinner package how do you know which one you will end up with, i called back to wdw-dine and the girl i got didnt have any idea. the early one would really push us so we would rather have the later one.

My understanding is that FDP is only for the first show. . . except during very busy times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter