• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic River Belle Premium Dinner Package Questions/Experience

joseph821

DIS Veteran
Hi.

I am interested in doing this Fantasmic package. I previously have done the Blue Bayou package. But the thought of sitting on a cushion on the ground for an hour before the show and then during the show is not very appealing so to be able to sit at a table is very appealing.

How is the view of the show? Does anyone have the menu available? I looked on the Disneyland website and I saw there are special items on the Fantasmic premium menu that you can order and that the regular River Belle menu is available as well.

If you have done this package, I would so appreciate hearing about your experience.

Thanks.

Joe

We really enjoyed our experience with this. I feel the view is decent. The ability to sit on chairs is nice. However, the reservations are incredibly difficult to get.

There are three rows of tables, some have a better views than others. They will tell you that your placement at a table is based on reservation time, while true, it is also based on party size. It also depends on what the party makeup of is of other tables and how everything fits on a particular night.

We have done it twice, once in the front row and once in the second row. We had a great view both times, but the people beside us had their view obstructed by the party in front of them holding the phone above his head the entire show. Being that far back, it really does obstruct the view if someone raises their arm and cell phone in your line of sight. I felt really bad for the kids in their party because they had to keep adjusting to see as he would move around. I would have invited them over closer to our table if I had realized how blocked their view was before the show was almost over.

The food was fantastic the first time, I believe I got the chicken sandwhich and loaded tots the first time (portion sizes are huge! I wasn't able to finish half of either). The second time I got the steak and scallops, which I didn't particularly care for. I think it was good, just not what I ended up enjoying that night. You do have the option of ordering off both menus, which is great. They are very accommodating towards allergies.

We really enjoyed our experience with this. I feel the view is decent. The ability to sit on chairs is nice. However, the reservations are incredibly difficult to get.

There are three rows of tables, some have a better views than others. They will tell you that your placement at a table is based on reservation time, while true, it is also based on party size. It also depends on what the party makeup of is of other tables and how everything fits on a particular night.

We have done it twice, once in the front row and once in the second row. We had a great view both times, but the people beside us had their view obstructed by the party in front of them holding the phone above his head the entire show. Being that far back, it really does obstruct the view if someone raises their arm and cell phone in your line of sight. I felt really bad for the kids in their party because they had to keep adjusting to see as he would move around. I would have invited them over closer to our table if I had realized how blocked their view was before the show was almost over.

The food was fantastic the first time, I believe I got the chicken sandwhich and loaded tots the first time (portion sizes are huge! I wasn't able to finish half of either). The second time I got the steak and scallops, which I didn't particularly care for. I think it was good, just not what I ended up enjoying that night. You do have the option of ordering off both menus, which is great. They are very accommodating towards allergies.
Thanks! It would just be me so I would probably get a smaller table. So I guess the earlier you reserve determines what table row you get. The guy with the phone sounds like an idiot! Did you stay to see the fireworks?

Thanks! It would just be me so I would probably get a smaller table. So I guess the earlier you reserve determines what table row you get. The guy with the phone sounds like an idiot! Did you stay to see the fireworks?
Yep! You can stay and see fireworks, which are partially obstructed by the trees but it's a decent area to view it with the mist screen that comes on at ROA. It's nice not being caught in the crowds to watch them.

Yep! You can stay and see fireworks, which are partially obstructed by the trees but it's a decent area to view it with the mist screen that comes on at ROA. It's nice not being caught in the crowds to watch them.
Then I will stay for the fireworks too!! Thanks!

We did it in august and I loved the menu and the view, the whole experience was very worthwhile!!!

Here are the menus from august. Hopefully they’re the same

Attachments

• 8710F2CA-15B1-4B29-96FE-F70F37CF96E3.png
    8710F2CA-15B1-4B29-96FE-F70F37CF96E3.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 80EFB1B3-3D7E-45BD-BA7E-92071A2857B7.png
    80EFB1B3-3D7E-45BD-BA7E-92071A2857B7.png
    137 KB · Views: 79

We've done it twice and enjoyed it both times. The first time we were in the last row but still had a good view and we could stand up to watch since nobody was behind us. Last time we were in the second row, which had an even better view. We all liked the food and would do it again. The only caveat is that it takes a couple of hours of park time. It's from around 7-9:30. You can stay in your seats and watch the fireworks afterwards, which is a nice feature.

We've done it twice and enjoyed it both times. The first time we were in the last row but still had a good view and we could stand up to watch since nobody was behind us. Last time we were in the second row, which had an even better view. We all liked the food and would do it again. The only caveat is that it takes a couple of hours of park time. It's from around 7-9:30. You can stay in your seats and watch the fireworks afterwards, which is a nice feature.
Thanks. I agree that it takes up almost 3 hours of park time. Would a Thursday night or a Friday night be better to do this package?

Thanks. I agree that it takes up almost 3 hours of park time. Would a Thursday night or a Friday night be better to do this package?
Friday might be busier in the park, so I suppose it might be a slightly better night to be out of the crowds. But I don't think it would make too much of a difference, so I'd choose based on what other plans you may have.

Friday might be busier in the park, so I suppose it might be a slightly better night to be out of the crowds. But I don't think it would make too much of a difference, so I'd choose based on what other plans you may have.
Thanks. I am going in August so I have time to decide.

I have reservations for this for April, and 3 hours sounds like a lot! Is that just eating + waiting for the show to start + the show, or am I missing something? I’m going to have two kids and an elderly person with me so I’m starting to worry a bit about sitting around for that long, as good as the experience sounds! We do have two other days at DL so a few hours lost isn’t the end of the world – just don’t want anyone getting too antsy.

I have reservations for this for April, and 3 hours sounds like a lot! Is that just eating + waiting for the show to start + the show, or am I missing something? I’m going to have two kids and an elderly person with me so I’m starting to worry a bit about sitting around for that long, as good as the experience sounds! We do have two other days at DL so a few hours lost isn’t the end of the world – just don’t want anyone getting too antsy.
we never felt like we were just sitting around and waiting for anything...they took our order, brought apps, brought food...we watched the show..then dessert...then coffee/tea/hot chocolate...they time it all right.

The thing is, once you're done eating dinner and the show is over...you can just leave. OR you can stay for fireworks...

Most importantly...You have a real chair with a real back to sit in the whole time. Before we did this package, we would sit on the pavement for hours to save a spot. I literally could not move after that. The pain was excruciating on the cold pavement. The grandsons complained about the food so I reminded them we were there for comfort and a good view, not necessarily the food.

Most importantly...You have a real chair with a real back to sit in the whole time. Before we did this package, we would sit on the pavement for hours to save a spot. I literally could not move after that. The pain was excruciating on the cold pavement. The grandsons complained about the food so I reminded them we were there for comfort and a good view, not necessarily the food.
Thanks. Yes it was for a seat! And a nice meal. Sitting on the pavent was awful on my legs and back.

Thanks. I am going in August so I have time to decide.
If I were you, I'd try to get the Thursday date, even if you want Friday. I say this because I've never been able to secure a reservation for this (I have tried 3 times). It must go in literal seconds. At least if you get Thursday you'll know you have that as an option, whereas if you only try for Friday and don't get it, there won't be another opportunity (sounds like Friday is your last day?).

At any rate, good luck! I hope you are able to get a reservation and have a wonderful time!

I'm seeing that some weeks appear to have this available every night, and some weeks (including ours so far) don't seem to offer this package Monday-Thursdsay.

At first, I thought that perhaps they just hadn't released the availability for our week, but a quick check back through the calendar reveals that there are other weeks besides our own with the same issue. Is this typical?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter