Fantasmic...Riverside or Gallery Seating

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
Ive done the gallery seating but I was wondering how the view is Riverside...I have my favorite spot which is right in the middle of the little cabin where mickey stands but Im wondering which one to do....can anyone tell me what the view is like? your not looking at the water from behind are you?

What I've found to work best is wait for the second show and then line up or time yourself to walk in front of the golden horse right as people are leaving the first show. When they open the ropes it's extremely easy to go up and get front row seats in the center of the show (and you do get wet at times). I've done this on the last few trips to Disneyland, and it's my favorite part of my trip (Too bad it won't be running at all the week I'm there (23rd-27th this month). :-/

brandonbr said:
What I've found to work best is wait for the second show and then line up or time yourself to walk in front of the golden horse right as people are leaving the first show. When they open the ropes it's extremely easy to go up and get front row seats in the center of the show (and you do get wet at times). I've done this on the last few trips to Disneyland, and it's my favorite part of my trip (Too bad it won't be running at all the week I'm there (23rd-27th this month). :-/

ah brandon my dear...I know well of what your speaking of and have perfected my craft as well as my favorite spot of which I will knock anyone who comes in my way between me and my seat while Im trying to get to it :rotfl: jk *coughs*noimnot *coughs* anyways, I do this all the time but I havent done the preferred seating in a long long time and I want to do it again...Ive done the balcony but Im wondering if I should try riverside area this time...but thanks for the info :goodvibes

I did the Riverside seating in June, and have never done Gallery so I can't compare.... but Riverside has one great advantage over the Gallery... You can stay and watch the fireworks from a really really great vantage point and you can see Tink fly!! You can't really do that on the balcony. I thought the service was fantastic on the riverside. The CM's announced to everyone in the vicinity that it was my DD's birthday and I suspect about 300 people sang her Happy Birthday!

If you are watching with a small child which would you choose.....he does not get scared , just can't have his view blocked.

Oh that's a tough one because there is a big stone railing in front of the riverside seats. My daughter just sat on my lap and was able to see much better. The best part was that it got pretty cool that evening and when the flames covered the water, it was like an instant burst of warm, well that and the hot chocolate I ordered!

If your child does not get scared, then riverside would be fun. If your child does get scared, then I would recommend balcony. I think riverside is a little more intense

We like intense ! I guess it will be riverside when we go! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter