Fantasmic?

melk

DIS Veteran
How early do you have to get there before Fantasmic begins? Do you recommend the meal plan so that you get preferred seating? Also, how intense is it for little ones...can you get up and leave if necessary?
Thanks!!!:wave:

I don't have any answers for you, I just had a few questions myself. Has anyone not gone an hour early for seats? Was there still at least standing room?:confused:

We were just there and arrived an hour before the show and the stadium was already over half full. However, all the seats have a good view.

If you sit right in front though, you might get hot or wet.

I think it would be easy to leave in the middle, there are aisles and until the end of the show they are clear.

.How early do you have to get there before Fantasmic begins?

Depends.....you should be OK about 1 hour before, but you may not get the very best seats. We went 1 hour before on the first Monday in October (thinking it wouldn't be busy) and were seated in the far left section. It was standing room only at 7:00pm. Our seats were OK, but the best is in the middle between the two Mickey flags.

Do you recommend the meal plan so that you get preferred seating?

If you want to ensure you get seats, but you still have to go about 45 minutes prior.

Also, how intense is it for little ones....can you get up and leave if necessary?

Yes you can get up and leave. How instense, really depends on your child. DS saw it the first time when he just turned 4. Keep in mind that Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion was no problem for him. He freaked at Fantasmic!!! He thought the Villians were going to hurt Mickey, and I could not convince him otherwise. We almost had to leave! In October DS now 5 1/2, still started to freak during the show. He started to cry and wanted to leave, but I was able to convince him that it was just "make believe" and Mickey was still OK. So, it really depends on your child

When my DH was 4 1/2, she cried and buried her head in my chest during the Villains part. Fortunately, the Villains don't last too long (does anyone differ w/me on this? It's been four years since we saw it). Once the Characters reappeared and the 'Happy' music began playing again, we decided it was worth sitting through the Villains, but I can certainly understand how it's too frightening for some.

FWIW my daughter, who was at that time four and scared of practically everything, was not scared of Fantasmic. Neither was my 2-year old son. But then Disney seemed to have a strange effect on my daughter. She was terrified of characters when we saw them at grocery stores, malls, etc. But at Disney, she loved them and couldn't get enough, it was her favorite thing to visit the characters. Since then she loves them.

Not sure about how early you have to show up for seats.

The dinner package is okay. It saves some time and I think it depends on the time of year as to how early you have to get there. In May 02, we got there a half hour early and had our choice of seats. The package seats though are off to the side a bit, not center. Still a great show and no problem watching it.

How early also depends if there is 1 show or 2. In August when the parks were empty (less than 10 min wait everywhere) we showed up 25 minutes early and were told it had been standing room only for over 1/2 hour. We were just 2 and the CM's said if we could find a space to squeeze into seats we were welcome to. A nice family picked up their bags off the seats and made room for us. I was amazed at parties of 6 and 8 that tried the same thing 5 minutes prior to the show.

Enjoy it's a terrific show
Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter