Fantasyland February 2022 Exercise Thread

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle and Bethislucy for turning Tokyo Disneyland (and DisneySea) Purple!

One of the cooler items in the TDR Explorer article I linked yesterday might have gotten lost among all the information there. Here's an article that focuses on Tokyo DisneySea's time-lapse drone footage of the construction of Fantasy Springs.

And here's an article from Orlando Weekly about Fantasy Springs--does the new area show the future of Disney parks?

Last edited:

Congratulations to ljcrochet for powering ahead to be the first team member to reach Hong Kong Disneyland Red! And I have turned Tokyo Disneyland (and DisneySea) Purple.

Halfway around the world from Tokyo Disney Resort is the next-built Fantasyland, in Disneyland Paris. Like the other Fantasylands we've seen, Paris's Fantasyland also is chock-full of attractions. Here you'll find takes on these familiar attractions:

Blanche-Neige et les Septs Nains (Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs)
Casey Jr. - Le Petit Train du Cirque
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
it's a small world
Le Carrousel de Lancelot
Le Pays des Contes de Fees (Storybook Canal Boats)
Les Voyages de Pinocchio
Mad Hatter's Tea Cups
Peter Pan's Flight

And some attractions particular to Paris:

Alice's Curious Labryinth :ccat:
La Galerie de la Belle au Bois Dormant - the gallery of Sleeping Beauty, upstairs in the castle
and my favorite, La Taniere du Dragon - the dragon in the castle's dungeon

This Fantasyland also has two character meet n greet locations:

Meet Mickey Mouse (featuring Mickey dressed as a magician) ::MickeyMo
Princess Pavilion princess:

Congratulations to PollyannaMom and the TEAM for turning Tokyo Disneyland (and DisneySea) Purple!

Fantasyland in Paris offers several dining options:

Auberge de Cendrillon (French sit-down)
Au Chalet de la Marionette (roast chicken, burgers, desserts)
Fantasia Gelati (ice cream)
L'Arbre Enchante (ice cream and snacks)
March Hare Refreshments (ice cream and snacks)
Pizzeria Bella Notte (pizza and pasta)
The Old Mill (ice cream, popcorn, drinks)
Toad Hall Restaurant (fish and chips, salad)

Disneyland Paris was actually my last international trip before COVID, in February 2020. We got a package that included half-board dining. We had breakfast at the hotel, and then had vouchers to use at the Disney restaurants for lunch or dinner (two vouchers, one for each day). The best use of the vouchers was at the higher-end restaurants. The first one we used wasn't a particularly good use; we just wanted to eat at that restaurant (the cashier was so nice and tried to tell us that we could make better use of the vouchers!). So for the second voucher, we decided to find the most expensive meal that still had availability. That turned out to be Auberge de Cendrillon.

What we didn't realize at the time was that it was character dining. We're picking out our food from the menu, chatting away, and then all of a sudden, here's Cinderella, speaking to us in French! She quickly switched to English when she realized we're from the U.S. She must have thought we were very strange, because we honestly weren't expecting characters at all and were a little scattered. It was such a nice meal, though -- the food was good, the server was great, and in addition to Cinderella, there was Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel (and Cinderella's mice too). And they all spoke English as well as French (well, not the mice).

As it turns out, "Cendrillon" is the French name for Cinderella. And "Auberge" is inn. So the restaurant is Cinderella's Inn. If we'd been paying attention, maybe Cinderella popping up wouldn't have been such a surprise!

P.S. - I just realized I picked two pictures of characters in pinky-purple (not Ariel in green, or Cinderella in blue). I must have been drawn to them because of today's color change!

Last edited:
210 minutes - horses and walking

1340/2000

Add us to the crazy weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70s and then drop to 24. Bad storms are expected and the wind is already a bit much.

@sophy1996, your DLP pics are wonderful! We were supposed to go to DLP in 2020. Still sad about that and still hope to make good on those plans as soon as we can. Auberge de Cendrillon looks beautiful. Going on the wish list for sure.

Congratulations to BonnieF for turning Tokyo Disneyland (and DisneySea) Purple!

Paris's Fantasyland represents the European countries that were the origins of the fairy tales that Disney movies were based on. Here's a Disney Parks Blog article about some of the inspirations (including a 5-minute video "Private Tour").

Here are a few more pictures from our trip:

The first two are the view from the Queen of Hearts's Castle in the middle of Alice's Curious Labyrinth and then looking at the labyrinth. The labyrinth was of particular interest to us because it is unique to Disneyland Paris and because I was already then planning on dressing as the Cheshire Cat for a Disney Halloween party (which I finally got to do last year!).

56F46138-CB46-4610-A186-B7008B17CA0A.jpeg

004862BC-5491-4008-8FC1-6D39552CC2C6.jpeg
06F99F1F-073D-440E-A7A0-F5C40E83D363.jpeg

This picture is of La Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant (Sleeping Beauty Castle). I think this is one of the most beautiful of the Disney castles. Reportedly the Imagineers were under a great deal of pressure to create a worthy castle in the middle of a country and a region that has many, many real (and beautiful) castles! Note the square trees on the side.

Disneyland Paris celebrates its 30th anniversary this year and the castle just underwent a 12-month refurbishment to look its best for the occasion!

Looking back at these pictures reminds me that the parks were pretty empty! It was the beginning of February, pretty chilly, and as you can see above, rainy at times. So not too many locals wanting to visit. Worked for us!

Last edited:
I have 85 minutes to add. 45 on the stationary bike on Wednesday and 40 minutes of Chloe Ting and exercise bike yesterday.

530/800

Random but my brother's baby was born today! It's a girl! I've got nieces/nephew on my husband's side, so this is the first one on my side.

Congratulations to Bethislucy for turning Paris Disneyland Pink! And congratulations to Auntie Elizabeth Smith on the birth of a new niece!

Also, one correction-I doublecounted some days on ljcrochet's total earlier this week, so she's still at Tokyo Purple.

Next, we'll be off to check out Fantasyland in Hong Kong Disneyland, once I get myself together. Stay tuned later this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter