FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! Getting conflicting information from Disney.

Here's the scenario. So far we have an onsite stay of 15 nights/16 days (one after the other) broken into 5 reservations (all DVC) and tickets are APs. When I initially booked I was told that we would be able to get FP+ for each and every onsite stay.
Now I had to ask them (guest services) about something else and their answer is NO, we will only be able to get 7 days FP+ and then only be able to get another set/day's worth after we have used up one day. IF this is the case we might have to reshuffle our stay. I don't see how we can get FP+ 6 days out for the big attractions in mid August.
Any experiences and insight would be greatly appreciated.

That's correct. You must wait until her 60-day window opens.

Her packaged tickets are not active. They become active on the day of her check-in at the resort. It's the "package" that allows the FP booking window to open - FPs can be booked for her only when her window opens.

So it seems that buying tickets with an agency like UC is better than buying them with a package... Not only cost wise but if you are going with family and arriving on different dates. Thanks!!

So it seems that buying tickets with an agency like UC is better than buying them with a package... Not only cost wise but if you are going with family and arriving on different dates. Thanks!!
Yup. Stick with separate tickets if everyone isn't planning on the same arrival date.

How would(should) one change their FP+ strategy when the possibility of the Rivers of Light, Sunset Safaris, and/or Frozen Ever After are all rumored to be opening very near when you are visiting but we obviously don't have any kind of concrete word and probably won't for some time now?

How would(should) one change their FP+ strategy when the possibility of the Rivers of Light, Sunset Safaris, and/or Frozen Ever After are all rumored to be opening very near when you are visiting but we obviously don't have any kind of concrete word and probably won't for some time now?
You should still book for the parks and rides that you want.

From the app, you can go to Modify > Replace to see what is available at another park without losing your original FPs. Just don't choose any options and your originals remain.

Never Cancel. Use Modify/Replace or Modify/Change to see what is available and don't choose anything if it's not what you want.

Dealing with this exact situation. I can't stand the uncertainty!

I apologize if this has been asked, but I haven't read all 210 pages... We ended up having to change our dates for our April trip and it looks like we'll be going this month. I'm excited that we'll get to go sooner, but that means we're inside the 30 day window and some of our choices aren't available. No big deal, we'll try to make the best of it. Here's what I'm having trouble with....

What's the easiest way to schedule FP+ when the whole family will want to go together on some attractions, but not others? I can't seem to figure out a good way to do it. Is it possible to schedule just one FP+ at a time?

I apologize if this has been asked, but I haven't read all 210 pages... We ended up having to change our dates for our April trip and it looks like we'll be going this month. I'm excited that we'll get to go sooner, but that means we're inside the 30 day window and some of our choices aren't available. No big deal, we'll try to make the best of it. Here's what I'm having trouble with....

What's the easiest way to schedule FP+ when the whole family will want to go together on some attractions, but not others? I can't seem to figure out a good way to do it. Is it possible to schedule just one FP+ at a time?
Schedule for the complete group and then go to the MDE app.

Modify your selections by choosing the correct people (as a group) who need to change to another attraction.

Also, is it best to schedule FPs early in the day to keep open the possibility of adding more later or schedule them in the middle of the day when the parks will be busier, assuming shorter waits in the morning?

Schedule for the complete group and then go to the MDE app.

Modify your selections by choosing the correct people (as a group) who need to change to another attraction.
I think I tried it that way and it wouldn't change the people I wanted to change. I'll go try again.

Also, is it best to schedule FPs early in the day to keep open the possibility of adding more later or schedule them in the middle of the day when the parks will be busier, assuming shorter waits in the morning?

That's really the great debate. ;)

That's really a matter of personal preference, and depends on your touring style. My family arrives at RD every day, and we get a lot done before lunch without FPs, so I normally plan mine for late afternoon / early evening after our midday break. I've also found limited same day availabiliy (other than at MK), though others may have had different results.

That's really a matter of personal preference, and depends on your touring style. My family arrives at RD every day, and we get a lot done before lunch without FPs, so I normally plan mine for late afternoon / early evening after our midday break. I've also found limited same day availabiliy (other than at MK), though others may have had different results.
We are FP+ rookies and after much research, we will definitely be employing this strategy for our early June trip.

"We are FP+ rookies and after much research, we will definitely be employing this strategy for our early June trip.[/QUOTE]

We will be doing the same.. plus if we decide to sleep in :eek:.. we will have something booked for early/late afternoon :thumbsup2...Will see you there according to your ticker we should be there around the same time - we leave June 4 :dancer:

"We are FP+ rookies and after much research, we will definitely be employing this strategy for our early June trip.

We will be doing the same.. plus if we decide to sleep in :eek:.. we will have something booked for early/late afternoon :thumbsup2...Will see you there according to your ticker we should be there around the same time - we leave June 4 :dancer:[/QUOTE]
YAH!! So excited! 114 days to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter