FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the following solve my problem? I actually am holding onto two tickets but only plan on using the one as noted. Can I make FP+ on the ticket I am not going to use for the extra two days at the 60 day mark and when I upgrade the other ticket to a 9 day ticket, move the FP+ to the person in MDE with the 9 day ticket?
Yes! This would be a legitimate use of the Change Party feature in MDE :-).

Will the following solve my problem? I actually am holding onto two tickets but only plan on using the one as noted. Can I make FP+ on the ticket I am not going to use for the extra two days at the 60 day mark and when I upgrade the other ticket to a 9 day ticket, move the FP+ to the person in MDE with the 9 day ticket?
You can't move FPs but you can do this:
Reassign your tickets - move the new 9-day tickets to the correct people.

Reassign the "not to be used tickets" to other people who won't enter the park.

ETA: Change Party as @runwad stated does work but it's easier to reassign tickets.

You can't move FPs but you can do this:
Reassign your tickets - move the new 9-day tickets to the correct people.

Reassign the "not to be used tickets" to other people who won't enter the park.

ETA: Change Party as @runwad stated does work but it's easier to reassign tickets.

I would not be able to reassign the 9 day ticket since when I add the two days, it would have already been used. Right?

I would not be able to reassign the 9 day ticket since when I add the two days, it would have already been used. Right?
You can upgrade when you arrive before first use.

You can do this:
- link the 7-day ticket to the people going into the parks
- link the extra tickets to the people going into the parks

The day that you will upgrade your 7-day tickets before you enter the first park, reassign/move the extra tickets to other people and then add the two days to the 7-day tickets. You won't lose any FPs.

Is there a chart for the 60 day window? We are there Sept. 20th - I say we can book July 22nd and my DH says we book July 23rd.

Is there a chart for the 60 day window? We are there Sept. 20th - I say we can book July 22nd and my DH says we book July 23rd.
My guess is your husband made the same mistake I did. When counting backwards 60 days from Sept. 20, I started on Sept 20. WRONG. I think we can all agree that 3 days before Sept. 20 is Sept. 17, but if I started counting on Sept. 20, I would get "Sept. 20", "Sept. 19", "Sept. 18" and think the answer was Sept. 18. As far as I can tell, you are correct and it is July 22 for your booking window.

If each person has 2 tickets under their profile (a 7 day and a 2 day), then at the 60 day mark (as you are an onsite guest), you will be able to make 9 days of FP for the length of your stay. No need to move tickets or anything. The FP system doesn't ask you which tickets you want to use for a FP, when you have more than 1 in your account. It just checks for the number of days you are eligible to have FP.

I just did this myself. Have 2 military salute 5 day tickets per profile (it's cheaper than a 10 day). At my 60 day window, I simply made 10 days of FPs.

When you arrive you can upgrade your tickets, and you will be set. However... and this is VERY IMPORTANT. Make sure you go to guest services and have the tickets prioritized correctly before you enter the parks the first day! To make sure you use the right ticket. You can also upgrade your tickets at that time.

I would also double check the right ticket was used.

Alternatively, once you upgrade to the 9 day tickets, you can move the 2 day tickets to a place holder profile, and not worry about
using the wrong tickets. As you will still have 9 days of tickets, your FP should be ok.

If each person has 2 tickets under their profile (a 7 day and a 2 day), then at the 60 day mark (as you are an onsite guest), you will be able to make 9 days of FP for the length of your stay. No need to move tickets or anything. The FP system doesn't ask you which tickets you want to use for a FP, when you have more than 1 in your account. It just checks for the number of days you are eligible to have FP.

I just did this myself. Have 2 military salute 5 day tickets per profile (it's cheaper than a 10 day). At my 60 day window, I simply made 10 days of FPs.

When you arrive you can upgrade your tickets, and you will be set. However... and this is VERY IMPORTANT. Make sure you go to guest services and have the tickets prioritized correctly before you enter the parks the first day! To make sure you use the right ticket. You can also upgrade your tickets at that time.

I would also double check the right ticket was used.

Alternatively, once you upgrade to the 9 day tickets, you can move the 2 day tickets to a place holder profile, and not worry about
using the wrong tickets. As you will still have 9 days of tickets, your FP should be ok.

Everyone in MDE has an AP associated with their name except for one which I got the 7 day ticket (cheaper to bridge to 9). How does this change your advise?

Everyone in MDE has an AP associated with their name except for one which I got the 7 day ticket (cheaper to bridge to 9). How does this change your advise?
Those with the AP should be all set. Just need to do what I suggested for the extra person. I assume the extra ticket is not for the person using the 7 day? And the extra ticket is for at least 2 days?

I don't see how it changes anything. You'll need to visit guest services before entering the park the first time to make sure the correct ticket is used, at a minimum. While there, might as well do the upgrade. After doing the upgrade, you can move the extra ticket to where it belongs. You just can't have more days of FP attached to a profile then you have number of days of tickets attached to it.

It is the 22nd. My first day is September 21 and my window opens July 23. The date of your opening of the Fast Pass window is in the back of the booklet that Disney sends. Kenny the Pirate crowd calendar also are nice. It lists the 180, 60, 30 dates plus park hours and EMH.

Kenny the Pirate has all the important dates on his Crowd Calendar.
180 for ADR
60 for on site FP
30 for off site FP
Nice to have them at a glance

Is there a place where you can see what the MDE site or app is like without directly having access? I have awhile before we can book things for our February trip (we'll be able to at 30 days out being offsite), but it would be nice to get acquainted with the site and it's hard to do since you can't access the fastpass portion without having tickets to attach to it. I tried to use google images to get a feel, but I thought there might be a guide floating around somewhere.

Also, I'll be booking everything for our party of 11. We'll have 3 days in the parks and wondering if what I have planned is even doable or if I should be breaking the group up into the smaller families in hopes of obtaining the fastpasses we're looking for. Note: I know the days we'll be there are all busy and that us being a large group booking 30 days out already puts us in a bad spot.

This is what I have hopes for during our trip (2/19-2/21) with two days at MK and one at AK. There is no rhyme or reason why I put them where I did under days, it doesn't matter what order or days we do the rides or parks:

MK day 1: BTMRR, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion
MK day 2: SDMT, Splash Mountain, Pirates
AK: FOP or Navi (if even possible), Everest, Safari

Is there a place where you can see what the MDE site or app is like without directly having access? I have awhile before we can book things for our February trip (we'll be able to at 30 days out being offsite), but it would be nice to get acquainted with the site and it's hard to do since you can't access the fastpass portion without having tickets to attach to it. I tried to use google images to get a feel, but I thought there might be a guide floating around somewhere.
Not other than looking around for you tube videos that people post or something like that. I'm sure someone has made one but Google would be the place to look

Wondering if someone here can answer this. I am seriously frustrated! I phoned Disney the other day and had my sons age changed to be 10+ for the dining plan. When they did this, something happened and it un-linked his tickets from the system and he "lost" the fast passes we made at the 60 day mark! I phoned them and I'm being told there is nothing they can do about it?!?! Anyone have any experience with this? Do I just need to escalate to management or get through to the right person? We are a party of 8 and everything was set perfectly until this. (And were only 5 weeks until getting down there).
Thanks!

Wondering if someone here can answer this. I am seriously frustrated! I phoned Disney the other day and had my sons age changed to be 10+ for the dining plan. When they did this, something happened and it un-linked his tickets from the system and he "lost" the fast passes we made at the 60 day mark! I phoned them and I'm being told there is nothing they can do about it?!?! Anyone have any experience with this? Do I just need to escalate to management or get through to the right person? We are a party of 8 and everything was set perfectly until this. (And were only 5 weeks until getting down there).
Thanks!
Call IT and ask for their assistance. While you are on hold, you can go to each booked FP and "Change Party" to add him on to the FP party. The system will add him if there is room.

Or, attempt to book FPs for only him that overlap the window of each of your pre-booked FPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter