• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass for TSM or Rockin Roller Coaster

abooch

Mouseketeer
So my family and I will be headed to the parks on May 6th and will be trying to get to Hollywood Studios as close to rope drop as possible. Would it make more sense to go to TSM first and fastpass RRC or the other way around? We will be trying fit as much as possible I'm before 12:30, as we have to head over to Magic Kingdom for lunch. Thanks!

We arrive arrive about 40 minutes before the park opens. Get positioned near the front, and walk as fast as we can with the pack to TSMM (This is my most hated thing at WDW.) We are never first of course, but we are on the ride within 10 minutes. We head to RNRC directly after. I usually get a FP for 9-10am at TOT. We ride TOT standby, then use the FP. GO back to RNRC and use the single rider line if the wait time is greater than 20 minutes. Back to TSMM with a FP for the 10-11am timeslot. Star tours in the 11-12 timeslot. As soon as we get in line for star tours, I check to see what's available as a 4th FP. I can usually get another RNRC, TSMM or TOT for the late afternoon. But if you're leaving early, you should be able to get a Great Movie Ride for a time that works.

We arrive arrive about 40 minutes before the park opens. Get positioned near the front, and walk as fast as we can with the pack to TSMM (This is my most hated thing at WDW.) We are never first of course, but we are on the ride within 10 minutes. We head to RNRC directly after. I usually get a FP for 9-10am at TOT. We ride TOT standby, then use the FP. GO back to RNRC and use the single rider line if the wait time is greater than 20 minutes. Back to TSMM with a FP for the 10-11am timeslot. Star tours in the 11-12 timeslot. As soon as we get in line for star tours, I check to see what's available as a 4th FP. I can usually get another RNRC, TSMM or TOT for the late afternoon. But if you're leaving early, you should be able to get a Great Movie Ride for a time that works.
That's great advice. How about not using any FPs at Hollywood Studios since we plan to be there fornrope drop and using them at Magic Kingdom in the afternoon instead?

I think you can ride TSMM, then RNRC, then TOT and then Star Tours without FP and be done by 12:30. This is assuming you ride once and don't get side-tracked by other things (like stopping to watch a show or meet a character). I would think you'd have time after you finish those to check out other stuff. I usually travel in late August so I think we are about the same crowd level. This isn't an EMH morning or a special event day right?

Nope no EMH or anything. I'm a Disney regular (FL resident) so I usually know the ins and outs but it's my Mom and sister who are only coming for one-day with a park hopper. We want to hit Hollywood Studios and then Magic Kingdom. I already have two fast passes scheduled in the AM (9:45 and 10:45) for RnR and ToT and was going to book one for Star Tours but I'm wondering if the better bet would be to book fast passes for Magic Kingdom in the afternoon instead. Or I can keep everything as is and use my 4th at magic kingdom in the afternoon.

Last edited:
If it was me I'd both rope drop TSMM and get a FP for it with a window starting around 9:30 so I could ride it twice, and then take my chances with the RnR single rider line immediately after the second ride.

I personally RD TSMM, then do Muppets/Frozen, FP+ RnR, standby ToT and FP+ ToT. But that is just crazy me.

We always FP+ TSMM because we did the stampede once (in the old FP system) and it was awful. I find the RnRC and ToT area much more relaxing in the morning. We RD RnRC, then ToT (with a FP usually for later as well) then have breakfast (RIP Starring Rolls...) before our TSMM FP.

We always FP+ TSMM because we did the stampede once (in the old FP system) and it was awful. I find the RnRC and ToT area much more relaxing in the morning. We RD RnRC, then ToT (with a FP usually for later as well) then have breakfast (RIP Starring Rolls...) before our TSMM FP.

The stampede is still awful, though slightly less since people aren't trying to get to the FP machines and then reconnect with their party.

We only do the rope drop so we can get two rides in. One a rope drop and one with fast pass later in the day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter