Fastpass lines longer?

DisneyAndreaM

Mouseketeer
We are here now and it’s our first time using MaxPass. Love the convenience but it sure seems like the Fastpass lines are long and am wondering if this is due to MaxPass? RSR Fastpass line was so long today I wished we went in single rider. Has anyone else noticed this?

We are here now and it’s our first time using MaxPass. Love the convenience but it sure seems like the Fastpass lines are long and am wondering if this is due to MaxPass? RSR Fastpass line was so long today I wished we went in single rider. Has anyone else noticed this?

I waited 30 minutes in the RSR fastpass line last month. It was terrible because my mom was texting me telling me my son was having a meltdown but I couldn't easily get out of the line at that point. I wish I hadn't ridden the ride actually!

It's not that unusual for RSR to have a long FP line from time to time during the day. Not in my experience.

There was one day I was there (months before we even know about MP as a concept) where the FP line was so long and it was so close to closing that the ceased allowing anyone into the standby line (SR was still open, though). That day the specific issue was it had gone down and been down for a larger portion of the day. This meant a lot of people with FPs from earlier in the day were suddenly converging on the ride in the last hour before DCA closed.

But definitely an issue that predates MP.

Hmmm. I never had that issue on my trip last week. I thought Maxpass was amazing and really helped with standby lines being at least 45-85 min. Even when we rode RSR twice in one day the fast pass line moved fairly quickly even when it was long.

We rode RSR by FP last week and while longer than most other FP lines, it was quite reasonable. Guardians was another matter. Way too long for a FP return line. Going during early entry and snagging the first FP return time of the day is the only way to go. That resulted in near walk-on ability. We had one later in the morning once and the FP return line was all the way back to Bugsland. :faint:

We were there during Thanksgiving week and FP lines were sometimes long but once we got past the first scan point, it went quickly. The worst was at Soarin' when one of the screen broke (or something like that) and they said that the FP line would take 45 minutes. We had one RSR line go back almost to Flo's but once people figured out the scanning part, it was fine.

FP lines were still definitely better than standby!

We didn't wait too long for anything with fast pass. The only long wait was Soarin. But this was my first time at Disneyland so I don't know if it was really a long wait or not. But it seemed way longer than when we wait at Disney World. I enjoyed using max pass.

Sometimes the FP lines get long, but the CM's usually compensate by heavily favoring the FP line over the stand-by line. If the FP line gets long, the stand-by line is going to be an extra long wait. We've only been once with MP and I didn't think the FP lines were long. RSR was a little long once, but they moved us through quickly. Stand-by was over 2 hours.

I thought that Soarin and Indiana Jones were long for FP (using MP). Mostly Indy though as it seemed to me like they merged too quickly. Even my dh made a comment about it taking forever while he waited for me (we had to do rider swap since we had our daughter).

FastPass lines are long if the ride goes down during the day. All the FastPasses not used during downtime can be used any time in the day. This is especially bad for a ride like RSR where all the FPs are gone early.

One day I was in the park RSR was down a couple times in the afternoon, and when returned to use our FPs in the evening, they had flipped the lines. FP return was so long it used the regular queue, and stand-by was using FP line. They were mixing like 90% FP to 10% stand-by, so even though not many people were n stand-by, it was still like 1.5 hour wait.

I’ve also personally noticed that the FP lines seem long but move quickly after the scan points because visitors who haven’t been in a while are getting used to MP and the new scanning systems. We took some friends who don’t go often the first weekend after MaxPass opened and boy oh boy was there a lot of confusion and backed up FP lines. Thankfully, they were actually super speedy once we got past the scan points.

The hold up with the FP lines is usually at the scanners, once you can get past them, you are good to go. Overall, I have always found RSR had long FP return lines from day one, really I have seen the FP return line as long as 60 minutes before, but then again when that happened the standby line was up to around 5 hours, so it is all relative.

I'll agree with you with a HUGE YES! Ever since Maxpass came to be, the FP lines have been longer on nearly everything. Indy was always long, but it's even longer now. Soarin' FP used to get you at least half way inside if not all the way to the split, but now it's often lined up as for as the outside door. Splash Mt....it used to be a FP would get you nearly all the way there (into the final bend). But the last few times (outside of night time), the FP line is nearly to the train tracks! RSR FP line was always to the bridge you walk under each time on our last trip. Didn't use to be that way.

There's definitely a difference that's noticeable.

Now on Day 5 and agree that the FP lines move quickly but still do seem longer. And as someone else mentioned the standby lines may look “short” but you wait forever because of FP people. Loving MaxPass though and no complaints. Been a great trip!

Sometimes the FP lines get long, but the CM's usually compensate by heavily favoring the FP line over the stand-by line. If the FP line gets long, the stand-by line is going to be an extra long wait.

I was watching a recent Disneyland vlog and they were in the standby line for Guardians and said maybe two or three people from standby were being let through, it was 95% FP

Here now and we've been surprised how quick the fp lines are. They seem to be really prioritizing fp, so that's probably bad news for standby (I can't confirm because we have avoided standby except for short wait times). Usually I'm struggling to try to book our next fp before we get on the ride. Have not tried Indy this trip, and that's usually a long one in my experience.

The FP lines have been backing up more. I believe they have increased the number of FP return times they give out since implementing the new system. The standby waits seem longer than the lines look. One day we had FP for Toy Story. The FP line was actually pretty short, but seemed to be a steady stream. The standby looked very short, but the time listed was over an hour. It is almost like you have to use a FP to have a reasonable wait.

Yesterday we entered FP return with normal back up and Standby sign said 120 min. Our daughter went to single rider line since it looked short. We actually beat her by 5 min. There was hardly anybody in standby, maybe 5 minute wait. Those CMs should have just turned standby away if they wanted to clear FP line, that really rubbed me the wrong way that they falsely inflated the wait time to get people not to ride. Yesterday was You Should Not Be Working For Disney WIth That Attitude Day at DCA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter