Fastpass question

suncat73

Mouseketeer
Do the rides run out of fast passes at some point during the day?? My DH and I are arriving TOMORROW!!! at noon and want to do a half day at MGM. If we get there around 1 or 2 is it possible that there will not be FP left for rides like ToT and RnR??
I wasn't sure if they have a specific amount of them each day.

Hope this question makes sense!!!

yes - depending on how busy the park is, they could very well run out of fast passes by noon/mid afternoon.

we've seen this happen by like 3pm with test track.

It's all a crapshoot though...can't be predicted.

best of luck.

Sellout time for Wednesday, 6/24/04 were all after 6:00 p.m. Many factors can cause an earlier sell out but expect the five locations to be issuing after 5:00.

They hand out only a certain amount of fast passes for each return time slot. This is what makes it "fast." The number of people getting in the FP line during your time slot will max out at a number such that the wait for those people will be much less than for those in the standby line.

So, whether or not fast passes are available for an attraction depends on how many fast passes have already been handed out. And the number of fast passes already handed most likely, but not necessarily, depends on the number of guests in attendance at the park. Just because there are a bunch of people in the park, doesn't mean they are using fast pass. Why they wouldn't, I don't know. But we've all read the posts about how we don't understand when people don't use fastpass.

On a related note, the earlier you get the FP, the shorter the time before your FP return window generally opens since the window keeps getting pushed out as more and more people grab FPs. If you grab a FP for Test Track on a busy day shortly after the park opens, you will probably have a return time thats about an hour into the future. If you wait 90 minutes longer to get a FP, you may be looking at a return window that's 3-4 hours later.

We went last year the end of June for a 1/2 day, and we were able to get FP with no problem for RNR Coaster and ToT. It didn't seem like their return times were as long as, say, MK's Splash Mountain. I wonder if some attractions give more Fast Passes than others. Anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter