"FASTPASS +" - what is this, just got invited to trial it

Ms. Shuttergirl

DIS Veteran
I just got this email from my Disney TA:-

Congratulations you have been invited to test out FASTPASS +

Shuttergirl,

Secure some of your favorite Disney experiences before you leave home! Be part of a test during your upcoming visit to Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios - during this invitation-only test, you can select 4 experiences at Magic Kingdom on one day and 3 experiences at Hollywood Studios on another.

1. Log onto https://fastpassplus.disney.go.com
2. Use your FastPass+ Reservation ID to confirm your travel party: XXXXXXX
3. Select your dates and experiences
4. When you arrive at Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios, print out your FastPass+ at the kiosks -- and you're done!

To avoid scheduling conflicts, be sure to look at your park planner for the theme park of the day and dining reservations before choosing your FastPass+ experiences!

Congratulations again!

I'm going to email my TA for more information but what does this even mean? What is FASTPASS PLUS? And should I be excited :rotfl2:

Looks like a good thing to me Lisa, I think it means you can pick a certain number of rides to use using Fastpass, in advance of your visit. So you don't have to race around the parks on the day collecting Fastpasses.

Looks like a good thing to me Lisa, I think it means you can pick a certain number of rides to use using Fastpass, in advance of your visit. So you don't have to race around the parks on the day collecting Fastpasses.

Well that does sound cool:lmao:.

I hadn't even heard about Fastpass Plus so this is a bonus.

Congratulations.

It's for the Uber-planners. The new trial system will allow to schedule your whole day....you should pretty much be able to select which park you want to visit for one of the days; pick up to four rides from the group and be given times for when to return to the fast pass gate.

You might need to make sure that the FP+ day you pick and the park you pick dovetails into your ADR plans.

Congratulations.

It's for the Uber-planners. The new trial system will allow to schedule your whole day....you should pretty much be able to select which park you want to visit for one of the days; pick up to four rides from the group and be given times for when to return to the fast pass gate.

You might need to make sure that the FP+ day you pick and the park you pick dovetails into your ADR plans.

Fortunately I am an uber planner and I not only do a day by day itinerary but I also do a basic spread sheet of the whole stay that I was able to quickly check at a glance to see what day we would be in what parks.

I've gone in and selected the options, the bummer is you can't just select TSMM 3 times for HS. You can only choose it once and have to select other things. I guess that makes sense because everyone would do that :rotfl:.

I'm just trying to work out how I actually get the FP+ card to use at the special machines. It send me a confirmation email but there's no barcode or anything???

I did a quick search on here and saw that some people in the US had been sent actual cards. Not sure how it works for international guests.

Fortunately I am an uber planner and I not only do a day by day itinerary but I also do a basic spread sheet of the whole stay that I was able to quickly check at a glance to see what day we would be in what parks.

I've gone in and selected the options, the bummer is you can't just select TSMM 3 times for HS. You can only choose it once and have to select other things. I guess that makes sense because everyone would do that :rotfl:.

I'm just trying to work out how I actually get the FP+ card to use at the special machines. It send me a confirmation email but there's no barcode or anything???

I did a quick search on here and saw that some people in the US had been sent actual cards. Not sure how it works for international guests.

Yes, that'll be interesting to find out. Maybe it'll be there for you when you check in....but that would be something to ask your TA???

I'll be curious to see what the answer is.

popcorn::

Oh wow your one of the lucky ones getting to trial the maybe new system it's suppose to be really good!

That sounds super exciting! I love being picked for things, makes me feel special, lol

What are your experience choices I wonder? It could be fun. But being photopass I guess that fun will mean a purchase at the end, lol

I never get picked for these kinds of things, oh wait, the kids got picked to be honorary pin traders with the crew on the Wonder, but that stuff never happens to me :rolleyes1

Well done :woohoo: Can't wait to find out what it all entails.

From what i have read on the fadtpass plus threads is that there is a list of attractions (not just rides, they sometimrs include things like fantasmic seating and adrs at certain venues) and it reserves your fastpass for those activities you have chosen.

When you check in you will be given cards with your fastpasses for your chosen activities pre-coded and you then go swipe at the entrance to the attraction etc to redeem.

My understanding is this is basically a way to prebook an experience eg its little johnny's birthday and je really wants to do ToT and fantasmic or his bday will be ruined. With fastpass plus you can pre-reserve fastpasses before you even get to wdw for your chosem timeframe and you can now guarantee little johnny will have his dreams come true :)

Its for the uber uber planners who want to lock in a FP before they even leave the house :)

I Am so so excited you get to trial this.

Oh and fp+ can be used in addition to regular fp so if you really want tsmm you can have regular fp and then have it again on your fp+

As a future initiative for Disney, I'm not quite sure what to think of the concept. It already feels a bit much that I'll know where I'm going to be eating 6 months in advance. If they introduce a system where one also needs to plan their rides before they go, it'll feel like there's no room left to be spontaneous.

In saying that, if I was one of few that was given the chance to trial the concept, I'd jump at the opportunity. I like feeling like I'm special and in on something not many others are. LoL.

I'd be particularly cool Shuttergirl if you can plan all rides within the first half of the day. That way you can stroll casually into the park at opening, smiling at all those charging towards Toy Story Mania like their life depends on it, and there's still the opportunity to leave the park later in the day if your family become tired.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it all works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter