Fastpass window opens for first park day at 65 days before - is that right?

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
I swear I read the FP sticky, you guys, but I am just still really confused. We have booked a single night at a WDW resort, no park ticket, the night prior to our 4-night Disney cruise. We have also booked a separate 5-night resort stay with a 4-day date-based park ticket starting the day after our cruise. I'm trying to figure out when I can book my fastpasses for the post-cruise stay.

According to my Disney experience (which may or may not be accurate), I can start booking fastpasses 60 days prior to my first, pre-cruise one-night stay--i.e., 65 days before my second hotel stay and date based ticket begins. And the fastpass sticky seems like it maybe corroborates this by saying that the relevant 60-day date is based on your first resort, not first active date of the ticket. Is that really the case even though I have a several day "gap" in between my two "split" stays caused by the cruise?

Seems too good to be true if I get to essentially book at 60+5 for my first park day. I mean, I guess I am still giving Disney plenty of $$$ because the cruise is even more expensive than our park stay, but it just seems like a weird loophole. I would hate to book FPs on the day my Disney experience says I can only to have them cancelled weeks later because they were booked more than 60 days before our longer room-with-ticket stay.

Fastpasses are tied to your tickets not your resort stay, so you would be able to book fastpasses 60 days from your first park day.

Fastpasses are tied to your tickets not your resort stay, so you would be able to book fastpasses 60 days from your first park day.

Now I'm even more confused, because it says literally the opposite in the FP sticky at the top of this board:

For onsite guests calculating their 60-day point, it is based on resort check-in date only. Date-based tickets have no bearing on this.

Since you have no valid tickets during the dates of your first stay, your FP window opens 60 days prior to your second stay. If your two stays had been back to back, then it would open for the first stay.

To book at the 60 day window you must be staying on site and have a valid park ticket for that date.
On ocassion, MDE will let you do weird things, but thats not the rule.

I swear I read the FP sticky, you guys, but I am just still really confused. We have booked a single night at a WDW resort, no park ticket, the night prior to our 4-night Disney cruise. We have also booked a separate 5-night resort stay with a 4-day date-based park ticket starting the day after our cruise. I'm trying to figure out when I can book my fastpasses for the post-cruise stay.

According to my Disney experience (which may or may not be accurate), I can start booking fastpasses 60 days prior to my first, pre-cruise one-night stay--i.e., 65 days before my second hotel stay and date based ticket begins. And the fastpass sticky seems like it maybe corroborates this by saying that the relevant 60-day date is based on your first resort, not first active date of the ticket. Is that really the case even though I have a several day "gap" in between my two "split" stays caused by the cruise?

Seems too good to be true if I get to essentially book at 60+5 for my first park day. I mean, I guess I am still giving Disney plenty of $$$ because the cruise is even more expensive than our park stay, but it just seems like a weird loophole. I would hate to book FPs on the day my Disney experience says I can only to have them cancelled weeks later because they were booked more than 60 days before our longer room-with-ticket stay.

The sticky talks about "split stays" which, on these boards, means back-to-back WDW resort stays. If your resort stays were back-to-back, your FP+ window would open 60 days prior to your first check-in date. In your case, you have two, completely separate resort reservations. You should expect the FP+ window to open for your actual park days 60 days prior to your second stay, but, hey, doesn't hurt to check 60 days prior to the first! I would be very surprised if that worked for you, though, as WDW closed the loophole where people could book a WDW resort stay and then move offsite and still take advantage of 60 days prior past their WDW check-out date. It's very possible that MDE is showing you the date you could make FP+ if you were going to the parks during your first stay, but I wouldn't expect to see anything beyond your first check-in and check-out dates if you log in on that date. I hope that makes sense.

This:
This is completely incorrect.

@MomOTwins since you have 2 onsite stays, you will have 2 separate booking windows.

and this (you do not have a “split stay”):
The sticky talks about "split stays" which, on these boards, means back-to-back WDW resort stays. If your resort stays were back-to-back, your FP+ window would open 60 days prior to your first check-in date. In your case, you have two, completely separate resort reservations. You should expect the FP+ window to open for your actual park days 60 days prior to your second stay, but, hey, doesn't hurt to check 60 days prior to the first! I would be very surprised if that worked for you, though, as WDW closed the loophole where people could book a WDW resort stay and then move offsite and still take advantage of 60 days prior past their WDW check-out date. It's very possible that MDE is showing you the date you could make FP+ if you were going to the parks during your first stay, but I wouldn't expect to see anything beyond your first check-in and check-out dates if you log in on that date. I hope that makes sense.

but not this:

Thanks everyone, the news that it would be based on my second stay was kind of what I was expecting since it seemed so weird that I would get to book fastpasses earlier based on just a one-night stay. I'm not sure why MDE was telling me my fastpass day was 60 days prior to the first stay--maybe it just always does that on the assumption I could buy more tickets later--but maybe I'll check then just in case and report back here if it works ;)

Even though you shouldn’t be able to get fast passes on that 60+5 day, stranger things have happened. So take a look on day 65 just for the fun of it.

MDE is telling you 60 days from your first stay as just an automatic countdown, like an alert that with a ticket you *could* (if you had a ticket or annual pass) book a fastpass for that day or and after that one hotel night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter