• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Character Meetings

BethBreakey

<font color=teal>If I were a lioness, Simba would
::MickeyMo What was your favorite Character Meeting?::MinnieMo

Mine is narrowed down to 3

first two are from my most recent trips

Mary Poppins was incredible, my neices and nephew went up to her at seperate times and each time she really talked with them and played with them and even sang to them! She gave my nephew Zeke and my neice Emma a kiss and her lipstick prints stayed on there faces for hours -- it was the sweetest thing!

Peter Pan and Wendy were great -- I got to talk to them and they were just adorable -- again they were great with the kids and just all around fun!

But a favorite memory of mine is when I was about 10 and my sister was 17 or so and we went up to meet Pooh, there is this adorable picture of us kissing him on either cheek -- that memory will stay with me a long time!

These memories are precious -- share yours!princess:

Okay Beth, you caught me up late and checking out the boards.

I'll give you my top three also.

#1 Our DD's first visit to WDW. We waited in line to see Mickey, all spruced up in his tails. I had to hold her up, she was only 2. She gave Mic a big kiss on the tip of his nose.

#2 From our April'03 WDW trip. With DD now 3, it was on to autographs. We were just getting in line to see Peter and he left. The CM told us to just hang around. We had just decided to move on when Wendy popped her head out, so we waited and out came Peter. Both of them came down the steps and stopped to sign an autograph and talk with DD. Then, since they weren't in their "proper" greeting spot, took her hands and walked with her to where they were going to take pics.

#3 On our MGM stop, we had just missed seeing Mike and Sully. Again a CM told us to hang around. Shortly, two more CM's walked out. We asked and after an odd, questioning look toward each other, told us they were pretty sure Mike and Sully weren't coming out anytime soon. DW and I laughed the rest of our trip, because the guy CM was pretty tall and the girl CM was pretty short.

Hi Beth,

I would have to say mine is when I met Lilo and Stitch! They are so funny and cute together! I had them sign my t-shirt, Lilo signed it first. While she was signing my shirt, I looked over at Stitch and I said she's taking to long. Then stitch shook his head yes! Lilo looked up at us and I said thats ok, shes got to make her name pretty(and she did)! Then after they signed my shirt, I got my picture taken with them! The person that takes your picture had to call me back up because I forgot my shirt, so when I got close enough- Stitch through it on top of my head!

Of course every time I met and see the Characters, they always leave a special memory with me- "That will last a lifetime"!

I LOVE DISNEY, Zen1

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

DMS you just reminded me of another one --

When we were in MGM a few weeks ago my 6 month old niece was so cool with the characters -- she was facinated! When we saw mulan and Mushu - she didnt have a line so we went up to her and Mulan held Paxton and Mushu and her kneeled down and paxton just sat with them - as happy as can be -- playing with mushu's furry nose! I took a pic and I pray it turns out!:wave2:

Favorite character meeting was when I meet Pooh. I told Pooh that he was my favorite and got a BIG hug. :D

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

When we were having dinner Epcot CHip and Dale came over. We asked Chip to sign our autograph book, which he did. Dale took the book from him and promptly crossed out Chip's name and signed his own. We had one of those spinner toys on our table, the one with lights on the sides and a character on top. Dale picks it up and starts to play with it, moving his head around as it spins, then he suddenly drops to the ground. Chip rushed to his side and began "CPR". Dale jumped up, pushing Chip off him, wiping his mouth and shaking his head. We were all laughing so hard there were tears streaming down our face. It was quite the spectacle!

I have 2 favorite meetings...and actually neither one were mine personally.

My first was our 1st trip as a family with our oldest DS when he was 4. We just happened to be at the right place at the right time when the character bus at EPCOT arrived. We got to see all of the characters as there was hardly anyone around. But Goofy stole the show w/ DS. The music was playing and Goofy started dancing w/ DS all around the open space. It was great. DS was so out of breath by trying to keep up with him. And after their dance Goofy took time to sign his autograph book and pose for pictures and hugs. I wish we'd had the video camera, but I still can picture it like it was yesterday.

My second was this past April... our 1st family trip w/ our 2nd DS age 2. He was scared to death of the characters and we didn't push him. But that all changed as soon as we saw Pooh. I knew he liked Pooh, but didn't realize how much until we came face to face with him. Pooh gave him hugs and kisses and kept playing with him. I felt kind of bad because there was quite a long wait for Pooh and DS just wouldn't let go. Everytime I thought I had DS moving on, Pooh would bring him back to him. As I was feeling bad about holding up the line, DH and the CM that was doing photographs were having a hoot laughing at all the people in line who were getting teary eyed over the "sweet" interaction they were watching with Pooh. Needless to say after Pooh's playtime w/ DS, DS became a character monster. LOL he couldn't get enough of them!

I have so many --

Goofy pulling DS's chair out from under him at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Country Bears not letting go of my arms and dragging me all around the circle in front of the train station. Then even holding me there when other people were sticking their kids in for pictures.

DD being speechless when she met Cinderella after months of "When I see Cinderella I'm going to tell her........." She just looked up wide eyed and stuck her thumb in her mouth.

I have so many --

Goofy pulling DS's chair out from under him at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Country Bears not letting go of my arms and dragging me all around the circle in front of the train station. Then even holding me there when other people were sticking their kids in for pictures.

DD being speechless when she met Cinderella after months of "When I see Cinderella I'm going to tell her........." She just looked up wide eyed and stuck her thumb in her mouth.

While they aren't my or my DS's favorites, my favorite experience was in Morroco and meeting Genie and Aladdin. We had tons of time with them to allow my son to get used to them as no one else seemed to realize where they were. Then, as we were exploring some more of the buildings, Aladdin walked past us and he remembered my DS's name, said hi, then sat down and played patty cakes with him. I couldn't believe it. It was so very special and really made my son smile so brightly. We had a lot of experiences similar to this in WS. It is a great place for character interaction.

Mine involves my DD when she was 3 1/2. Up till then she was terrified of the characters. When we were having dinner at Crystal Palace, Pooh came up to the table and my DD threw her arms around him and gave him the biggest hug. I quickly snapped a picture while I had tears in my eyes.

The next day we were at Epcot and we were walking back toward the backlot tour. Chip and Dale just came out of a building and our daughter ran to them and got big hugs from both. I still remember the big smile on her face.

My favorite character experiences took place our first visit DS was almost 7 and DD#1 was 18 mts.

1. We were staying at YC and went to Cape May to have breakfast -- as soon as we got there DD spotted Minnie, whom she had not had a chance to meet yet. Minnie was alone except for a CM. DD ran over to Minnie and gave her a huge hug, Minnie was wonderful with her and bent down to her level and spent some time with her. Well, when we were ready to leave DD naturally did not want to leave her new friend so she grabbed ahold of Minnies leg and would not let go -- now keep in mind this is an 18 mt. old -- her head was level with the bottom of Minnies dress so as she was trying to look up at the character all she could see was straight up her dress!

The next one was in Toon Town -- we went to the character tent and chose the line with Micky's friends who turned out to be Chip and Dale, Goofy and Donald. We had already met Goofy and C&D several times but my DS really wanted to meet Donald. When we got to the front of the line we were supposed to meet C&D first then move on to Donald -- DD did not want to meet C&D again once she spotted Donald and no amount of coaxing would get her to approach them she had eyes only for the Duck. DS was thoroughly embarrassed because he thought his sister was being rude and kept trying to apolagize to the chipmunks.

The final is when we met Ariel -- We stood in line to meet her at the Grotto since she is one of DD's favorites. DS was not thrilled but was willing to make the sacrifice for his sister. When we got to meet her I think DS (and DH) was just as mesmerized as DD! She told DH that he was a very polite and nice little boy and gave him a kiss and he turned 3 shades of red. (I think DH was wishing it was him getting the kiss!) She also kissed our autograph book which they both go a kick out of!
    [/list=1]

~L~

My favorite involves Aladdin in Morocco. We were wandering through Morocco when a wonderful cast member approached my four year old DS. They chatted and played games for a few minutes, and then he invited us back indoors. When we got there, he showed my son a "magic" book about Aladdin. They read from it for a few pages, and then he pulled out a magic lamp. He told my son that if he rubbed the lamp and wished to see Aladdin, his wish would come true. Sure enough, my son complied and Aladdin slipped in behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. My son's eyes got huge, and he thought it was the greatest thing ever! He then played with Aladdin for a few minutes until Aladdin had to go. This was one of the highlights of the trip for him, and he still thinks to this day (almost three years later) that Aladdin really did appear because he rubbed the lamp!

Another favorite character memory is the evil queen from Snow White virtually forcing me to take her special apple at MNSSHP in 1996. For some reason, my wife was encouraging me to take it!

FrnofPooh -- what a neat memory with Aladdin -- Jafar at MGM was great - the people in line before us were taking a picture with him and getting his autograph -- he would take there book - sign it - then through it -- my nephew thought this was great and started throwing his book around... So we went up to him and as we left (after much taunting and evil glares from Jafar) he started following us around... It was so funny! The characters truly made this trip wonderful -- even the mean ones!

I have a few favorite character meetings

1st awesome meeting was waiting in line at the tent in Toontown- we were the only ones waiting. I told our 2 1/2 yr old that he favorite Tigger was there. Just then another couple walked up and were led through first as we stood there waiting. I was annoyed by this but apparently a CM overheard me and went to get Tigger. He came out to us and personally walked our DS to the room - LOVE those CMs!!!!!!

2nd was at the tent again - we were talking pictures of Minnie, Chip and Dale. Minnie picked up our DS and played hide-n-seek with him & with Chip and Dale. I felt bad of those waiting but our DS instantly fell in love w/ Minnie - who he decided was his girlfriend!

3rd same weekend as the others but at AK our DS saw Eeyore and ran up so fast that he almost knocked him over.

4th this memory is mine - when I was 4 I danced with Mary Poppins in the middle of Tomorrowland - I will NEVER forget that!!

LOVE all those Characters- I think they are awesome!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I am such a nerd -- I keep posting on my own question -- this is more of a parade memory than a character memory -- When I was like 8 maybe - We were at Magic Kingdom - watching a Disney Parade - and it was being televised (not a holiday thing - but a celebration of some sort -- I cant remember what it was for) and CM's pulled me out of the audience and dressed me up like Minnie mouse - ears and all - :earsgirl: and put me on a Minnie mouse ear shaped float thing - now that I think about it - it was a really cool experiance - being in a televised Disney Parade - but at the time -- it was summer and I had shorts on and the float was really hot! So all I remember is not wanting to sit down!

When we got home we set the VCR up to record the parade (because they show it after they film it) anyways - we were so excited when I was on TV that everyone forgot to turn the VCR on... so I have no video of this --

I wonder if I knew the exact parade name - the Disney website people could tell me where to get a copy...

hmm...::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Ok have 2 that really stand out. First one about 13 years ago when my oldest dd was about 4. We were at MK and a crowd of little girls were swarmed all around Minnie. There was no way that my dd could get thru to see her. Suddenly Minnie spotted my dd and went thru the crowd went down on one knee with arms wide open for her and my dd rushed into her arms with a big hug. Instant water works for me (matter of fact I'm getting them again 13 years later typing this!) Second at the Garden Grill (fast forward 14 yrs) with DS. Dale was doing his visiting at all the tables and when he put his nose next to my son, my son just laid his head on it and was absolutley frozen. He was like in a trance. He was actually starting to nod off on Dales nose! We picked him up a stuffed plush of Dale but it doesnt have that same nodding off effect at home!

Oh, I hope I can post this without crying. O'hana's breakfast, our foster-to-adopt 3yr old son stood up on his chair waving his autograph book yelling "Goof! Over here" while pointing to the chair next to him. He was saying Goof, not GoofY and everyone was laughing at how adamant and excited he was. Goof was so gracious and came over to our table immediately. At the end during the conga line, ds ran to the front and grabbed Goof's hand and they lead the parade. I was standing next to a CM with tears pouring down my face trying to take pictures and when he asked if I was ok, nothing would come out...I wanted to say...that's my little boy, he had such a rough start in life and now look at him...we waited so long for him and now look at me, I'm finally a Mama with tears in her eyes at Disney with her son...life's perfect!, but nothing but a nod and a gurgle came out, and because I couldn't put that into words to share with that nice concerned CM, I feel the need to tell everyone this story, LOL. Thanks for listening.

Okay Beth, since we've carried this over to parades too.....

For myself, @ MGM, Star and Motor Cars Parade, it was DD's 3rd B-Day, so she was wearing her It's My Birthday pin (you can get those at MK City Hall, BTW). We had parked ourselves on the curb, near the entrance, and end of the parade route, DD was up waving and call out to all her favs. When Aladdin and Jasmine came by in the Genie car, Jasmine waved at DD and said Happy Birthday. The look on her face when she turned to us and told us that Jasmine had told her HB was unforgettable.

Snoopymom - what a great story! You have a very lucky son...

My favorite story (the first of many favorites, I'm sure) happened 2 wks ago at AK. We were leaving with our 2 yr old son and we saw the characters from Tarzan just outsde the gates. We took a pic w/ the gorilla (Turk - I had to ask a CM who he was cuz I haven't seen the movie yet). After the pic, my son didn't want to leave, so my husband said "Come on, we're going back to go swimming". Turk motioned that he wanted to come too, so before we knew it, he was pushing my son's stroller out the gates, past the security guards. They were all laughing and my son just kept looking back, amazed. He pushed him pretty far out, until we told him he had to go back to see the other kids. It was pretty funny.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter