• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Character Meetings

Oh boy, I love stories about character interaction. I'll share my top three...

3) I took 3yo DS into the Toontown character tent to see "Mickey's Friends". It was Chip, Dale, and Minnie. Chip (that's the one with the brown nose, right?) really hit off with my son. He playfully tried to untie DS' shoes several times. DS thought this was hilarious. Eventually Chip gives DS a big bear hug (or would that be a chipmunk hug?) and turns him around so I can get a picture. The laughing smile on DS' face is just priceless. In fact, I keep that as my screen saver. If I wasn't such a goober about technical stuff I'd post it for all to see.

2) When DD was 5 (we were there celebrating her b-day) we ducked into the Exposition Hall for a moment. Fairy Godmother was there. No one else was around so she talked to DD as if she were an old acquaintance -asking her about her trip, her family, her birthday, etc. After what I thought was a long conversation with DD, FG reaches into her pocket and gives DD a handful of Mickey-shaped confetti and tells DD that it is her very own "bibbity-bobbity-boo", and that from now on she had a little of the "Magic Kingdom magic" to call her very own.. We eventually picked every piece from DD's sweaty little hand and put it in our backpack to take home with us. Now DD has it in her scrapbook and it brings back beautiful memories for us all every time we look at it.

1) DS (then 2) was having one of those days that 2yo often do at WDW about midway through a vacation (IOW, he was being Mr. Crankypants). We were at MGM, and he refused to be consoled by anything or anyone other than Snow White. I had no idea that Snow White even did greetings in MGM. DW and DD went to see the Mermaid show while DS and I set off to find Snow White (or something else that would capture his attention). There in the plaza area in front of the giant hat was Snow White! DS starts bouncing up and down in the stroller and we get in line.
It looked like we might just miss SW before she went on break, but we were the last one's to greet her. I helped DS explain how much he really liked SW. Then she did something that was so sweet, and so beyond the call of duty. She kissed DS' seaty little cheek. I immediately took a picture of the big ruby red lip marks before they rubbed off.
Later on that day, during the parade, SW sees DS in front. She gives him one of those "I-swear-it-was-just-for-me-and-me-alone" winks, blows a kiss, scrunches her nose, and giggles. DS was ecstatic (I felt a tear in the corner of my eye). Now DS is set on marrying Snow White.

Thanks for the topic! It felt good to sharethese happy memories and to read yours.

Snoopy Mom - you have me crying right now -- Your son is pretty lucky to have you too!

ya'll' s stories are so great!! they brought a smile to face and a lump in my throat!!

so here's my favorite moment....In January, my mom and I had lunch at Cindy's and on our way out we managed to catch Cindy all by her lonesome in the throne room. Now the whole trip we had been joking about how the princesses had to do all the work, while there was no sign of the lazy princes, so we decided to ask Cindy about it...asked her where her husband was, lazing around the castle watching football or what, and wheter or not the royal parents-in-law were hounding her for grandchildren. She was so nice about it, you could tell she was trying hard not to laugh, and told us that she considered all the children in the park "her" kids and they were keeping her busy, but and I quote "maybe for the third movie we'll have some children." We asked her if there was a heirarchy of characters and how they were picked and she said she didn't know, she was just born a princessprincess:

Howdy everyone,

These are some great posts. It really goes to show the real Magic of Disney.

My 2 best experiences happened on our last trip 10/18/03 - 10/25/03.

This one almost made me cry. Someone I work with told me that you can meet Beauty & the Beasty in France so I went to the shop and asked when they would be back. I was given a list of times that they would be available the next day. We arrived 10 min. before the meeting time and were sitting in the courtyard by the gate where the characters come out. My 2 1/2 year old daughter was calling out "Belle, Belle, where are you" and a moment later Belle peeked her head out and said "Are you calling me?" My daughter's eye's opened up so wide and Belle came over and saw my daughter's Guest of Honor badge and addressed her by name. Then she aked Sarah if she wanted to walk with her to the library. They walked hand in hand into the meeting area and then Belle picked her up and kissed her on the cheek, then they sat on the floor and talked for a few minutes and signed her book. She had Belle all to herself for 10 min. It was so Magical, I can't even tell you.

After we left Belle we went by Morracco and Jasmine was meeting people, we were the last people to get to see her and Jasmine asked my DD who gave her the big kiss on her cheek. Sarah said "Belle" so Jasmine said " I will have to give you one to match" and put a big lipstick mark on the other cheek. Sarah wouldn't let us was it off all day. What a terrific day!!

Also after meeting the princesses at Cindy's breakfast my daughter didn't want anything to do with her food. She said I'm done let's go on the merry-go-round.

Thanks,
Frank
:jester:

I have two:

1. When I was four or five (I'm now 34), my parents took me to Disneyland. I was PETRIFIED of every character. My Mom went to the bathroom, leaving me with my Grandma. When she came back my Grandma and I were having our picture taken with Minnie ::MinnieMo . This is my favorite photo of my Grandma and I.

2. Two years ago we were at a character lunch at Hollywood and Vine at MGM (the place was deserted - I think we were one of two families there!). My son, who was almost two at the time, was lying on the floor on his tummy, head in his hands nose to nose with Pluto. Pluto was lying on the floor on his tummy facing my son. They just sat and looked at each other for about 5 minutes. Precious!!

:wave: hi everyone... i will post to my sisters fave character interaction question..
we were in mk in november with all the siblings, cousins, grandparents, etc... having a blast, but my 2 year old ds and 6mo old dd are afraid of fireworks, so we went alone to toontown to meet characters...we were the only people there to meet minnie, donald, chip and dale, and we all sat on the floor and just played and played. they played ring around the rosies and duck duck goose, and my son was just intrigued. chip held the baby forever and it was the most precious site ever, she just stared at him and was in love... it was truly magical. afterwards we went to meet mickey, and again we were the only people there. mickey was amazing with the kids and i just cried... it was the best gift they could have given my kids!! the three of us will treasure that forever.
::MinnieMo :::earsgirl: :earsboy:

Snoopymom, it took me 4 years of fertility treatments to have my two, so I know where you are coming from! What a great memory, you should write that down for him in a sealed envelope, put a goofy sticker to seal it and give it to him upon the birth of his first child!!!
My favorite character meeting was April2002 at the Ohana breakfast as well. This was our first time to the World with our kids and neither of us had been for many years. We booked this breakfast because Mickey was to be there for my son. I didn't realize Goofy was also there. When I was 4/5 I went through a phase where I was in love with Goofy. I was going to marry him etc... Well, I can't even begin to describe the emotions I felt when I saw him! I practically bowled over my husband to give Goofy a hug. I was crying and saying Goofy over and over! In retrospect, the CM must have thought I was dangerous, but I'll tell you it was incredible! My kids were laughing at me, my husband was dumbfounded and the prople around me couldn't believe it! I think I truly reverted back to my 5 year old brain for a few minutes. Anyway, we are doing MVMCP this year and my husband keeps teasing me about how I may react to seeing Goofy in a Santa suit.

Ok who has the tissues.................;)
My most fav. mem. is when my now 17 yo 6ft 250lbs was 6 wks old and we went to WDW and over in Epcot the bus had arrived with Mickey and Minnie on it, waited in line for Minnie and when it was our turn she took Adam out of my arms and it was LOVE at first site she wouldn't give him back to me. I just stood there with tears rolling down my face.
With my second son Eric he was around 2 at the time and we were sitting for the parade when the dragon came by and smoke came out of his nose scared the ------ out of Eric he looked at the dragon which was just above his head and burst into tears. Of course it wasn't funny at the time but now it is just a sweet memory.
On this past trip we were able to get a ps for the castle at lunch and we were very surprised to see Cindy holding court on the 1st floor my youngest son Scott who is 11 was to embrassed to go have his pic. taken, but she got him to come over and spent alot of time with him since at that time we were the only ones there. Gave him this BIG kiss on his check another tear in my eyes moment.

I am telling you -- these stories are making me cry -- and I dont even know you! ;) It just goes to show that there is no place on earth like Disney world...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter