Favorite DVC Lobby?

Just last week I fell in love with the lobby at Boulder Ridge. It was so serene with so many little nooks and places to sit and it smells sooo good! I was told by a CM it’s a different smell than the Lodge (which actually didn’t smell at all) but she didn’t know the name of the scent. I loved walking in there at the end of a hot day at the park. I also liked the educational aspect to all the railway artifacts around the space and one morning Goofy and Donald were greeting guests on the boardwalk towards the buses. I’d stay there again in a heartbeat and would especially love to book it at Christmas.

Jambo, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian.
No lobby is like Jambo! The African arts and little details everywhere, they are magnificent! WL always feels homey and comfortable. When I have my bougie moments, I love the Grand Flo!! haha

The top 3 for me and they are very close.

1. WL (particularly during the holidays)
2. AKL (very very very close second)
3. Grand Flo (though that carpeting has to go)

Honorable mention since it's not DVC is GDT (I just absolutely love this place! My favorite non-DVC resort!)

1) Aulani
2) Jambo
3) Grand Cal
4) Grand Flo
5) Poly
6) Wilderness Lodge

Aulani’s actual lobby area space is good…but what takes it over for me is that ridiculous view.

For those who picked wilderness lodge over jambo I was wondering if they could talk bit about what gives it the edge? I’ve only staid jambo but have quickly passed through wilderness lodge for dining and while both were great I never spent the time at wilderness lodge to appreciate what makes it stand out. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated (will be trying to stay there with sap in future).

What gives it a slight edge to me is that it is closer to a park and other resorts and it also has a lot of hidden cozy areas upstairs. I don't know if AKL has the same as I've never stayed there but have only visited for the restaurants and holiday decorations.

decorations and....
Thanks for this. We were there last October for Columbus day weekend and we also saw 4 guys dressed like this do a few songs from Michael Jackson's Thriller and they too were very good. Whole lobby was full of people watching them. My family really liked how their actions and voices were so in time.:tigger:

Oh, and nothing compares to the Wilderness Lodge Lobby for me. And now, there are actually DVC rooms in that building so it has to count!

I agree with all the points everyone has made here, but I also think that the Lobby at Vero is great. Maybe it’s just me…

It's awesome to see the Peter Dominick resorts getting so much love here. Many said when I started out with Grand Cal and Wilderness Lodge that I'd have to get some points at Animal Kingdom before to long and they are right. I Just love all of them.

Here is how I'd rank them (only going to rank ones we have visited) -

Grand Cal - yea it's busy but it's also a stunning mix of Theme and Fancy that you don't get at most Disney/DVC resorts.

Wilderness Lodge - On our 2nd trip to WDW and our first stay with our points we spent a few days at CCV and just loved it. The praise from our family (we were hosting 25 people at WDW for a reunion) was universal. It's a magical place.

Animal Kingdom (Jambo) - Just one step down from WL, Jambo does not disappoint. Also got tons of praise from the family for this place. I wish I would have captured photos of the look on the faces of that first look when you get past the doors and that first spot where the ceiling is lower. Magical.

Poly - I liked it a lot during our last visit and I'm very much looking forward to staying at some point in the near future.

Riviera - it's way too small and during some peak times it can be madness, but when it's not too crazy it's a great place to relax and the smell they use is just great.

Boardwalk - Our first visit and walkthrough the grounds was actually magical but I remember the lobby was nothing special. Would rank above Riviera if we were talking about the vibe on the lawn and the boardwalk. A great meal at Flying Fish for our 22nd moved this resort up a few spots in the want to stay category.

Grand Floridian - It's grand, but something just doesn't click. We'll have to visit more in the future and see if we are wrong.

SSR Carriage House - It's cute and we love the horses.

Contemporary - Love the mural and the monorail going through works I guess. It's just not a place I desire to visit.

OKW - It works with the theme and is functional. If we pull back and add in the other spaces and the open vibe might have to move this up a few spots. Love Olivia's and need to go back for more of that chicken...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter