Favorite less expensive spot to eat?

Satuli Canteen is great for value. The kid's cheeseburger pod meal is a decent size, and the soda machines are out in the dining room so you can get refills.

Katsura Grill in Epcot has a filling, delicious curry for $14.

Two people can easily split a footlong hot dog and chili-cheese fries at Casey's.

Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge has filling sandwiches at a table service/bar setting for under $20 per adult.

At Homecomin the main dishes are huge. I suggest you order one main and one side of biscuits for every two people and you'll have plenty to eat.

This is a chain you can get anywhere, but the pizzas at Blaze feed 1 adult plus 1 child and are $12.

Flame Tree BBQ is good and cheap.

The Epcot festival foods will vary wildly. Sometimes you get a good portion for $5, other times you get a single bite for $12.

I'm trying to think of a place in Studios, but I really can't think of anywhere that I would consider a good value. Maybe use Hollywood Brown Derby or Sci-Fi dine-in as your splurge meal. The food in Galaxy's Edge and from Woody's Lunch Box is good but either pricey or small portions. Best value would probably be the Totchos.

I haven't read all the responses, so I apologize if these have been mentioned. Between the two of us, we like to order one app, one entree, and one dessert. Some restaurants will even split the entree and bring it on two separate plates. We like to do that at Yak & Yeti and Homecoming. We have also found Whispering Canyon Cafe's skillets to be reasonably-priced. You can't share here though except with someone else who orders a skillet. It's a lot of food, so for the other meals, we just snack. As far as CS goes, DS is excellent for cheaper meals: Earl of Sandwich, Chicken Guy, and D-Luxe Burger.

No sodas or drinks (sodas at sit down restaurants are probably around $4 plus tax and tip). Get everyone into the habit of ordering ice water. Get a few cases of gatorade's and bottled water to your room if someone wants to bring one to the parks. Don't buy beverages at the parks, they are so overpriced. Find filtered water somewhere.

We also love Chicken Guy and Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs! Polite Pig at Disney Springs is great too but lunch for 2 last time we were there was around $45-50. We also enjoyed Riverside Mill at Port Orleans Riverside; basic food court fare but the food court is well designed and the theming is great.

I haven't read all the responses, so I apologize if these have been mentioned. Between the two of us, we like to order one app, one entree, and one dessert. Some restaurants will even split the entree and bring it on two separate plates.
I think this is one reason why Disney has gone to the "price fixe" meal concept-no sharing so we have to spend more money. DH and I used to do the same as you at almost every restaurant. Now we eat almost exclusively counter serve. Plus, on our last trip, for the first time, the other people we were with suggested a grocery delivery service. Besides saving money on Pizza, it was great for the bottled water, lemonade, etc. for our room. One of those things where, after the trip, we said "Why didn't we do this sooner?"

I think this is one reason why Disney has gone to the "price fixe" meal concept-no sharing so we have to spend more money. DH and I used to do the same as you at almost every restaurant. Now we eat almost exclusively counter serve. Plus, on our last trip, for the first time, the other people we were with suggested a grocery delivery service. Besides saving money on Pizza, it was great for the bottled water, lemonade, etc. for our room. One of those things where, after the trip, we said "Why didn't we do this sooner?"
Unfortunately I have food allergies and the CS at Disney is not the best for that. Your first sentence is one of the reasons we have said goodbye to Disney for awhile. 😩

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter