Favorite restaurant or bar that is gone.

FunkyLamb

Scrotospherian
I was just reminded of a couple of favorite places that we used to like. Even a drink which I can't find anymore. I just wanted to hear if anyone else had some places that either closed or changed names or concepts.

I used to love hitting the Catwalk Bar in the middle of the afternoon for a nice cocktail. I've heard from several people it is no more.

Another thing I looked forward to every trip was Italian Toast at Tony's Town Square for breakfast. Gone.

Pleasure Island Iced Tea. Gone.

Anybody else got some old faves?

Lots of restaurants that would make my list--but Tony's for breakfast is as good as any. Used to go there each visit to the MK.
And the Catwalk is missed too--just when they could really use a bar area at the Brown Derby, they go ahead and close it....

We were just talking about this last night. Like you, we miss the Catwalk Bar and Tony's breakfast. The Catwalk Bar was a great place to cool down and have a drink.

This might not qualify, but I really loved when Chef Mickey's was located in Downtown Disney. It was such a pretty restaurant with a great location. Even though they just 'transplanted' it, it's not the same!

I also miss Tony's for breakfast!

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I liked Le Cellier when it was cafeteria style.

I've dined there since the change, and enjoyed it as well as any of the many other places I can get a good steak at WDW. What I miss is the quiet and tastefully decorated spot to get my cheese soup or some really good mac & cheese and very tasty, crusty rolls without a PS:rolleyes: What a find it was!:rolleyes:

I am another fan of Chef Mickey's when it was in Downtown Disney. It was our first meal on our honeymoon in 1994 and we loved it! I also miss Minnie Mia's, Donald's Dairy Dip and Goofy's Grill at Downtown Disney. Not because they served great food, I just loved the names!

Probably going to date myself a bit here but am curious to see if anyone else remembers or misses the Melvin the Moose character Breakfast that was held at pioneer hall in Ft Wilderness in the late 80's, early 90's.

This was reminiscent of Hoop Dee Doo only the star was Melvin the Moose (Country Bear Jamboree) and also stared Chip -N- Dale.

Kinda wish it was still around to take my DD's to as I have fond memories. Oh well. I can still take em to Hoop Dee Doo

Oh for a fritta at Tony's for breakfast and great coffee to boot. Cant to the buffet or character stuff for breakfast, where else could you get a great breakfast at the MK!

Hey did anyone ever eat at the Fireworks Factory at PI? I used to like that place?:p

How about Minnie's Menehune Breakfast?? Remember that one? I LOVED that breakfast! The characters were so much fun, and the restaurant was soooo roomy and comfortable. Also, they used to give people the cutest little buttons to wear throughout the day....I still have a few of them. The buffet was awesome, and I remember that the food was always hot and yummy!

I'm not saying that O'hana's isn't fun, I'm just saying that Minnie's breakfast used to be my most favorite meal at WDW!

YES!!! I remember the Fireworks Factory at PI. I remember they had the BEST baked potatoes. I think I ate there in 1990. And I also loved Minnie Menehune's Character Breakfast too. We ate there on my 30th birthday and everyone made me feel so special. Gosh, this thread is making me sad. :(

The Catwalk bar is not dead just open at really bad times. Just this past Xmas/NYE week it was open every night.
Policy that I heard is when the shows are on downstairs Catwalk is closed. So only after the last show is over and cleaned up Catwalk will open if park close is 3+ hours later. The only thing missing was the Wine-O-matic. Even the TV worked.
If you are going at a really heavy time with late hours make sure to ask at Tune-In or the Brown Derby because Catwalk might just be opening that night.
RussH

Where to start...

I'll go along with the Melvin the Moose breakfast at Pioneer Hall. That was a lot of fun.

The Empress Room aboard the Empress Lily was probably the best ever for that special occasion. On more than one visit, our server was Edward, and he made us feel special. We tried Fulton's once and were somewhat disappointed.

We only dined at Ariel's in the Beach Club once, but it was probably the most memorable. The server was Timothy and he was truly amazed.

The Top of the World had a great dinner show, breakfast, Sunday brunch and a good lounge. Sorry, California Grill fans, I just can't warm up to the way it is now.

Others from the Contemporary we miss are the Pueblo Room and the Gulf Coast Room (guess I'm really dating myself now). The Outer Rim used to be nicer back about 10-15 years ago, too.

I liked when the Beirgarten had menu service, but I've come to enjoy the buffet.

Last, but not least, I remember when the World Showcase hot dog wagon was back by the American Adventure and the hot dogs were great. They just don't seem quite the same at the new location, which I kinda chalk up to early "cutbacks."

I really miss Robert's Grill at DD. The steaks were better than Shula's and the Seafood better than Flying Fish. If the chef could have just walked the straight & narrow (tsk, tsk, tsk)...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

When you go back by the bathrooms at The Brown Derby, there is a staircase on the left side. That leads to the Catwalk Bar. To me that was one of the cool things about it. Not too many people knew it was there. We actually stumbled upon it one day and it became our favorite watering hole.

RussH:
I guess tht's better than nothing--but not by much. Everytime we're likely to want to go there, it's almost certain to be closed. But just MAYBE they'll open it full time again--. Hah!! Dream on, Uncleromulus!!

Funkylamb:
Did use to like Fireworks factory--especially remember their black and yellow checkerboard vinyl tablecloths!!

Remember the men's room at the Firework's Factory? I remember hearing about it.
There were big one way mirrors right there where a man stood to use the facilities. So he could see the people sitting at the bar on the other side of the wall! What a hoot!
lol.gif

We loved the Catwalk too. I used to smoke back then, and it was one of the last places to allow smoking. It was cool and dark and quiet...and smoky?
95.gif

We also had such fun character breakfasts at the Poly and on The Empress Lily.

We miss Bonfamilles at Port Orleans.

Great breakfasts (heard dinner was good too, but now I'll never know!) wonderful atmosphere, terrific CM's.

There was a counter service restaurant near Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse in MK that had the best Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich. I would look forward to that each trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter