Favorite ride for Magic Kingdom fireworks?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
What is your favorite ride to be on during MK fireworks and why? The hub has just gotten too out of control for me and we have viewed from behind the castle many times already. I am hoping to make a new tradition by finding a ride to do instead. I know I have heard Big Thunder, Barnstormer, and People Mover. I am thinking the window you can see the fireworks on Big Thunder and Peoplemove would be very small but I have not idea about Barnstormer and thought they may be something Im not considering, so I welcome all suggestions that dont cause clautrophobia in front of the castle!

It’s big thunder and it’s not even close. It’s especially great on the 2nd lift hill. You have a view of the fireworks and castle from there. I was extremely lucky that it broke down for about a minute at that exact spot about a month ago as the fireworks were happening.

Next best rides are Astro orbiter and people mover

Last year we just got off Tron and the fireworks were started so we headed towards the people mover. It was nicer to be out of the crowds with the backdrop , but like stated above i think this year might try the orbiter!

We once rode Barnstormer 10x without getting off, part of that during the fireworks and it was fun! The was probably 10 years ago and it's still a memory we talk about!

Have also enjoyed the fireworks from People Mover. That never gets old!!

Looks like a lot of votes for Peoplemover. Are the more spots on Peoplemover to view than Big Thunder? I have always wanted to try Big Thunder but it seems like such a perfect timing event just being the 2nd hill and for a few short seconds so we may try Peoplemover Monday. I know there is the major castle view coming around the turn past Stitch's old ride but is there other viewing points along the track?

Also..any professional that want to share their timing? :)

I know fireworks are 18 minutes and start at 9 pm Monday night. Do we time out the line to be boarding right at 9 or wait a few minutes?

Several years go we were going to a DAH. We don’t watch fireworks usually, so we were doing some extra rides until it started. We were on Tomorrowland Speedway when the fireworks went off. It was amazing, the fireworks seemed right overhead & so huge. We don’t usually go in the same car, but we had that time. Husband was driving so I got to just enjoy them. Very special memory.

We happened to be riding Dumbo one year when the fireworks happened (This is when Wishes was still happening) and it was just truly magical.

Years ago we ended up on the Swiss Family Tree House and the fireworks started. We climbed up and got a fairly decent (albeit somewhat obstructed) we enjoyed it and we weren't being jostled by the crowds.

20240318_203853.jpg
As mentioned by Focusondisney, I think Tomorrowland Speedway would be a great ride during the fireworks. This picture was taken from the People Mover as it passed Speedway.

Definitely Dumbo for us. Just got back from doing it tonight. Our last trip we happen to try it on the last night. So now it’s our last night tradition. They let you stay on and keep riding. Which makes it even better.

It's great to learn all these new locations for viewing. If we're still awake at the time of the fireworks, I'll definitely try one of these rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter