• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite stain remover

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
What is your favorite stain remover? My daughter works at an ice cream place and we are having the hardest time getting the stains out, especially chocolate! I have bought a few different ones and was wondering if there is anything out there I am missing?

Thank you! I will probably try them all! I have done Oxi Clean but not soaking, and I have also done the Spray and Wash and Tide (even powered Tide) and it didn't come out. I don't know want what they put in that ice cream! lol

I have used OxiClean, Shout, Spray and Wash, and the Tide stick, depending on the stain and the fabric. The important thing is to soak/spray as soon as possible. Don’t wait until laundry day. Also, make sure you check the stain before putting the clothes in the dryer, so you don’t set the stain. If the stain lingers after the first treatment and wash, try another spot remover and re-wash.

Zout, but chocolate and strawberries can defeat it, so when you do get her uniform clean, Scotchgard the heck out of it. Then it won't be so difficult to clean.

Zote or Fels Naptha bar soaps also work well if you work them into the stain with a brush and let it soak overnight.

Last edited:
Our son worked at a garden center last year and constantly had stains on his yellow uniform shirt. My husband sprayed the shirt with Shout, then ran a bar of Fels Naptha over the stains, then scrubbed. Wash as normal and the shirt was almost like new.

Believe it or not, denture cleaners make great stain removers. Efferdent is our preference. :teeth:

If my Stain Devils don’t work, I make a paste of Spray n Wash and Oxyclean powder and let it sit overnight. I have done well on really tough stains with this, including some tough stains that showed up on baby clothes that have been in the attic for 20 years.

I am trying to remember the name of the stuff we used to use to get the red clay soil stains out of my son’s white baseball uniform. It involved soaking in a bucket.

In the meantime, a humorous (?) side story: many years ago I helped open a TGI Fridays restaurant in a nearby town. One of the servers was carrying a hot fudge sundae and it fell onto the clothing of a woman sitting at the table. Now we were always told there that ginger ale would help with stains (not sure if it is true), so he asked her if she would like some ginger ale. She was rather flabbergasted and said “you just dumped a hot fudge sundae on me and ruined my clothes. Why would I want to drink some ginger ale?!”

OK, it was called greased lightening.

Fill a bucket with water and some oxyclean
Then take the stained clothes and get the area damp where the stain are, sprinkle a little more oxyclean on the stains. Let soak for 24+ hours. Then wash as usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter