Favourite footwear for kids?

Unfortunately my kids outgrew them but I love Stride Rite - well made, supportive, long lasting, fit well.

We are newbies to Disneyland (our first trip will be in April), and are planning too bring at least a pair of athletic shoes and a pair of sandals per child. I just bought sandals for the boys that have a strap around the back of the foot, and are made of material that can dry out fairly easily. I may bring a 2nd pair of tennies for DS5, not sure yet.

DS1 will likely spend a lot of time in the stroller, and DS5 will have a stroller available to him when he gets tired, so I'm more concerned about OUR feet than theirs. Still, I'm going to apply the Body Glide stuff on everyone to make sure no one gets blisters.

I agree with RADOPT, both my kids have worn Stride Rite since ther got their first walkers. They are now 8 and almost 5. I also like jumping jack as well as merrell.

Our boys' athletic shoes are Stride Rite, mainly due to the double-wide width of DS5. These are very well made (and relatively pricey) kids shoes. I think the sandals we just picked up for DS5 are Sketchers - Velcro tabs at the toes and ankle, so they adjust to his wide width, thank goodness! This is the first pair of footwear he's been able to have with the lights in them, and he is sooo happy! :rotfl:

I like to buy my kids the Nike Shox line. Yeah, they are on the expensive side but they like the look and comfort...especially walking around in the parks all day long!

Has anyone bought geox for their kids. My kids have seen their commercial and keep asking to get some. I'm hesitant as my son goes through tennis shoes every 3-4 months and geox are quite spendy. We've been buying him new balance and have been sorely disappointed with them. Time to look for a new brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter