FCC & OBB/Placeholders

mcd2745

These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!
Anyone else find themselves in this scenario?

We have a placeholder from our cruise last February. So it would have expired Feb 2022. We've been told by our TA that outstanding placeholders have also been extended to September 30 2022.

We had booked a cruise for August of this year, understanding that it was going to be 50/50 at best. We were already going to be in Florida visiting family, so we figured we'll just book it and see what happens. Plus, we got a real good VGT rate. Problem with that is we can't use the placeholder and get the OBB benefits, but that's fine as the VGT rate was still a lot lower than 10% off the standard rate.

Now, based on Chapek's comment yesterday, I think we went from 50/50 at best to 10/90 at best. So we will likely be receiving the 125% FCC.

So when we re-book to another cruise in the future (likely a summer 2022 whenever they are released), is it true we cannot use the placeholder for OBB benefit (mainly, the 10% off) AND apply the FCC funds to that cruise?

You can use both OBB and FCC on the same cruise. I have done it several times since my original May, 2020 cruise was cancelled.

You can use both OBB and FCC on the same cruise. I have done it several times since my original May, 2020 cruise was cancelled.

Thanks! I was hoping that information was not correct.

So if they release summer 2022 within the next few weeks, we should be able to book something using our placeholder and get the 10% off. And then, if/when our August cruise is canceled and we receive FCC, we can have the FCC funds applied to that cruise.

Thanks! I was hoping that information was not correct.

So if they release summer 2022 within the next few weeks, we should be able to book something using our placeholder and get the 10% off. And then, if/when our August cruise is canceled and we receive FCC, we can have the FCC funds applied to that cruise.
It's not clear that placeholders that haven't been converted into an actual cruise date can be extended beyond their original expiration date. Even though they have said that placeholders are extended, it seems to only apply to those cruises that have already been booked and then are moved beyond the initial expiration date.

We had two placeholders that expired in February but had not been converted into a cruise date. DCL automatically refunded them both. They did not extend them.

It's not clear that placeholders that haven't been converted into an actual cruise date can be extended beyond their original expiration date. Even though they have said that placeholders are extended, it seems to only apply to those cruises that have already been booked and then are moved beyond the initial expiration date.

We had two placeholders that expired in February but had not been converted into a cruise date. DCL automatically refunded them both. They did not extend them.
I had two placeholders that were to expire this October. I booked two cruises for March 2022 without booking something before the expiry date. There were no issues.
Maybe because you didn't book anything at all they refunded you?

I had two placeholders that were to expire this October. I booked two cruises for March 2022 without booking something before the expiry date. There were no issues.
Maybe because you didn't book anything at all they refunded you?
If you booked before October, your placeholders didn't expire.

I believe ajo was saying, if you don't convert the placeholders to an actual cruise before the expiration date, they'll just cancel them and refund the money. If you convert them before the expiration date, you can move the placeholder (now actual cruise) perks to a future cruise past the original expiration date.

If you booked before October, your placeholders didn't expire.

I believe ajo was saying, if you don't convert the placeholders to an actual cruise before the expiration date, they'll just cancel them and refund the money. If you convert them before the expiration date, you can move the placeholder (now actual cruise) perks to a future cruise past the original expiration date.
Sorry if I misread. This is the part that made me think other wise.

Even though they have said that placeholders are extended, it seems to only apply to those cruises that have already been booked and then are moved beyond the initial expiration date.

That line makes it sound like you need to book a cruise with a sailing before placeholder expiration date and then move it to have it extended. I just wanted to clarify that I didn't have to do that.
Again, sorry if I am reading this wrong.

Sorry if I misread. This is the part that made me think other wise.

Even though they have said that placeholders are extended, it seems to only apply to those cruises that have already been booked and then are moved beyond the initial expiration date.

That line makes it sound like you need to book a cruise with a sailing before placeholder expiration date and then move it to have it extended. I just wanted to clarify that I didn't have to do that.
Again, sorry if I am reading this wrong.
No worries. I just wanted folks to know you had to book a cruse before the placeholder expired or they will refund it.

Sorry for any confusion!

I called Disney Cruise Line yesterday to verify with the Cast Member what I'd been hearing was correct related to my Onboard booking. So I just wanted to share here what they said.

Back in May 2019 I did a Onboard Booking... But we never identified a specific cruise and once Covid hit (and went on and on) we figured we would just get it refunded because there was no way we would Travel by May 2021... Yes, from reading these boards I knew I could have booked something (say for April 2021, and once it got cancelled they would extend my Onboard Booking but that sounded like a lot of mental effort a few months ago.) The Cast Member confirmed that the old policy would have been I had to travel by May 2021 or I would get refunded. But she said recently they changed that, now I can book a cruise by May 2021, and that Cruise can be through Sept 2022. And I still get the Onboard Booking deal. And she said I can book it by May, and then a few months later I can change the specific cruise if I want to (as long as it is within the allowable window). So I was happy about that. And with COVID numbers coming down across the country I think I could actually mentally plan and get excited for a cruise in early 2022, or late 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter