Fearlessly Fleeting February 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

I started consistently tracking meals at the beginning of the new year and it’s become a routine. I try and log everything and am often surprised that even when I think I have gone off the rails, I haven’t done as much damage as I thought. A habit I need to be better about is drinking enough water. I could start logging it in my food journal?

@sjrec and @PollyannaMom I am actively trying to up my water as well. I grabbed a large but not huge water bottle, I find those gallon sized ones not practical for me, and monitor how many times I fill it. Its 22 ounces so to meet my goal I need to drink/refill 3 times during the day. It is pretty to start with and i added stickers so I don't mind as much having it near me all day.
Now trying to better time my restroom trips is another story....

I have not started any good habits only bad ones that I need to work on. I have started the habit of not getting my walking in and just sitting on the couch. Also, eating a bit more junk food. This is not horrible though and I will get this reigned in pretty quickly. The walking is a whole other story and I really need to work on this.

Yesterday DD had an appointment with a Neurologist. I think we have some answers not all though. She thinks DD had covid at the end of December (we were exposed so it does make sense) and that the dizziness is from that. Basically she thinks her body got out of sync during this. She has her starting PT for the dizziness. I hope this makes it better but still no real answer here. I feel like each doctor is throwing things at the wall to see if it sticks. What we do have an answer for is the numbness. There is nothing physical that is causing this. The doctor said that it is anxiety. She reassure DD that what she is feeling is real and that she believes that this is what she is feeling but that there is no big scary thing causing it. She thinks that once the dizziness is fixed the numbness will go away as well. She did recommend that DD see her therapist twice a month for awhile to work on this. I was already one step ahead of her on this. I talked with her therapist last week and we had already scheduled for DD to go every other week for awhile. DD did not like this doctor. She did have horrible bed side manor. She was very direct and straight forward. Not a whole lot of compassion. Also, DD does not like, really hates, PT and being told that something she is feeling is her anxiety. To top this all off she is PMSing and can't have any chocolate and really anything that she would normally eat because of the garlic. She is having a rough week and it is showing. I am really hoping for this week to feel short. I told her that Friday I will get her whatever she wants for lunch. I also got her a dozen roses for Valentine's day along with a big stuffed animal (a sloth). This did give her a big smile yesterday.

@sjrec and @PollyannaMom I am actively trying to up my water as well. I grabbed a large but not huge water bottle, I find those gallon sized ones not practical for me, and monitor how many times I fill it. Its 22 ounces so to meet my goal I need to drink/refill 3 times during the day. It is pretty to start with and i added stickers so I don't mind as much having it near me all day.
Now trying to better time my restroom trips is another story....
We bought these great water bottles for our Disney trip last summer-my husband still uses his but I put mine away. Like yours, it’s not so large, so I can see myself finishing it.

I have to work against my ADHD to really master a new habit, so most often it doesn't happen. I can use hyper-focus and the excitement of something new for about two weeks then I lose focus and start to forget. One habit I have successfully developed recently is writing my daily morning pages. Sometimes I don't get them done in the morning and sometimes I forget over the weekend when my routine is different, but I'd say I'm at about 80% success rate which is pretty darn good.

I'm currently working on having the marine collagen daily, only a week in on that one. And another is that I'm a couple weeks in to writing out my daily work to do list. I usually try to keep it to three things, but yesterday I had eight because I was writing down things as I remembered them, and I got seven of them done, including working thru overwhelm/procrastination and getting a big meeting booked. So it really is helping.

Yesterday the new New Balance athletic shoes I ordered came and I love them. I love them so much that I ended up getting 7000 steps in for the day. They should help me stick to the daily walking habit I've been trying to re-establish.

New Habits:

1. I have logged every single meal and snack since the end of December.
2. I have weighed myself every day except for one when I forgot. (a NOOM requirement)

3. I have done my lessons every day even when I didn't like the topic. It helps that most lessons can be played so I can listen, learn, and get motivated while getting ready for work in the morning.

New Habits:

1. I have logged every single meal and snack since the end of December.
2. I have weighed myself every day except for one when I forgot. (a NOOM requirement)

3. I have done my lessons every day even when I didn't like the topic. It helps that most lessons can be played so I can listen, learn, and get motivated while getting ready for work in the morning.
These are all great habits!

WOO HOO! I am off on Friday and Monday for our now abbreviated winter break.

WOO HOO! DD is off on Friday too, and we have mani pedi appointments at the spa.

WOO HOO! I received kudos at a district level meeting yesterday from some big wigs based on my performance.

Woohoo-my husband’s brother and his wife arrived at their house last night. My sister in law and I love to shop and the guys will get to play some tennis. Tomorrow night we have a reservation at one of our favorite restaurants. Getting ready for a walk in the park in a few minutes. So having a nice break here at the beach.

Woohoo... vacation is now just eight days away! The 10-day weather forecast for Orlando, which is actually more like 15 days, says partly cloudy with day-time temps in the high 70's and night-time temps in the high 50's. Sounds like perfection to me. I am really looking forward to being warm.

I really can't woohoo about the change in the indoor masking policy, as I have mixed feelings. I'm happy things are improving enough that the CDC is recommending lightening the requirements, I'm happy a lot of people are happy about it and I'm happy the CMs will no longer have to be mask police and that I won't have to listen to people complain about being reminded. But it is a big change on top of the big change to even being there, and a lot to take in.

Woohoo... my new suitcase came. It is huge. Like portable apartment size huge. Now I'm second guessing about cramming stuff in to the smaller one instead. Weight wise they would be the same, but the smaller one would be a bit easier to wrangle. I'm going to do a test pack today after all.

Woohoo... I've got about $60 per day in reward $$$ to spend and that should cover almost all of my food costs. With that and the fact that most of this trip was paid for back in 2020, applying Disney math makes the trip practically free!

Last edited:
Woohoo update-our favorite consignment shop was having a winter clearance sale. Walked out with a top and pants from one of my favorites (Susan Graver) for 2.50! Then another shop and found four books for 2.00 to put in my beach bag next summer. Tomorrow we’ll hit two stores that were closed today.

Last edited:
I am happy to report that after the "furry princess" got up, the errands were successful. - Cat food was in stock, car is gassed up, and the dry cleaners found my tree skirt!!!

(The tag had come off, but one of the employees recognized it from a picture I had on my phone. - So PSA, take a pic of important items before you drop them off!)

Woowhoo my new freezer is coming tomorrow! Upgraded to a standup going in the basement from a chest freezer in the garage. Standup far more practical for someone vertically challenged with a larger family.
Woowhoo made some super yummy roasted carrots with dinner tonight that hopefully offset a lot of junk I ate over the last few days...I feel like I have been preparing for hybernation!
Woowhoo DD's bus monitor is back! She had covid just before Christmas and a very rough go of it. Happy to see her again. She may not be doing her full schedule because she gets tired, but she is mostly healthy again and that's awesome.
Woowhoo it's going to be above 40 tomorrow so I hope to open some windows and maybe squeeze in a walk.
Woowhoo on day 4 in a row of meeting my water goal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter