• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb crowd question 2024.

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
Looking for thoughts

We are planning a Feb trip. We have never been in Feb. Looking at crowd calendars they recommend 1-15 as low crowds with 16-29 as being very busy this upcoming year.

I know the 22-25 is a run weekend, but what would cause the other dates to be considered "high crowds"

Anything I should know about doing a Feb trip. Already planning on reduced shows/entertainment and reduced hours.

Anything else?

President’s Day is the 19th, so three-day weekend for most schools and is generally quite crowded that entire week. Gymnastic competition 16-19 and soccer 17-19 at WWoS. Mardi Gras week for Louisiana schools is somewhere in there, too - feels like the entire state heads to WDW.

Mardi Gras is the 13th so all of NOLA is at WDW, and the Daytona 500 is in there as well as everything previously mentioned.

Looking for thoughts

We are planning a Feb trip. We have never been in Feb. Looking at crowd calendars they recommend 1-15 as low crowds with 16-29 as being very busy this upcoming year.

I know the 22-25 is a run weekend, but what would cause the other dates to be considered "high crowds"

Anything I should know about doing a Feb trip. Already planning on reduced shows/entertainment and reduced hours.

Anything else?
I would expect it to be busy. Crowds have shifted to months with cooler weather and it's peak snowbird season.

Not as busy as March, though.

The weather could be nice -- but it could be cold, especially in the mornings and night. You will just have to check a few days before you leave to see what you are going to get.

Instead of studying crowd calendars, study rope drop strategies and map out how you want to attack your park visits to avoid lines. Consider if you want to buy Genie+ or Lighting Lanes and learn how they work. Consider some things you might do if the weather isn't great.

I have been to WDW four times (April 1998/April 2008/Feb 2010/May 2014). Crowds were the worst both times in April due to it being Easter week. We actually used Extra Magic Evening Hours when they existed for all hotels to beat the crowds rarely even needing fast pass in the process. In Feb, the crowds were considerably less minus Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom was still insane in the mid-day even then. Just be aware unless something has changed Feb hours will be shorter than most other times of the year. Especially the period from the end of Jan through the first couple of weeks of Feb. I think AK was closing at 7, Epcot 9, HS 8, and MK 8 and they only offered Extra Magic Morning Hours back then. That was quite a few years ago though so maybe it has changed. Crowds were great back then. Stand by lines were easy for everything minus Peter Pan, Soarin, and Toy Story Mania. You literally only needed to fast pass those three attractions.

What I have heard is that crowds have become worse during what was traditionally an off-season at the parks. It seems taking advantage of party season may be the way to go now for a better experience, at least at MK and HS. I will know more about that when I head that way in a couple of weeks for my fifth trip. If you end up going in Feb, a word to the wise. It is not uncommon for major attractions to be down for refurbishment. This has been a constant thing with Splash Mountain. It was closed for my Feb trip. Also, while on sunny days the temperature is nice, the evenings can be cool with the breezes that Orlando have. It can be really cold standing near water and having the wind blow right at you and in my case that ended up being a cold for me. You may want a jacket. Whenever you make it to WDW hope you have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter