FEBRUARY 2008 WDW travelers post HERE!!!

I talked my whole family into going with us for Mardi Gras. We are now part of the Grand Gathering. Sixteen of us will be staying at POP and sporting our Mardi Gras shirts, giving out beads and making many happy memories.

Only 296 day to go. :cool1: :hourglass

I talked my whole family into going with us for Mardi Gras. We are now part of the Grand Gathering. Sixteen of us will be staying at POP and sporting our Mardi Gras shirts, giving out beads and making many happy memories.

Only 296 day to go. :cool1: :hourglass
YAY! Well we may see you there! My family(meaning my immediate family-me, Dh and DD's) will have matching shirts the whole time(I hope). I am going to have some made too(hopefully by Lori "thebeadpirate" if she is not gone by the time I order).
So far we have the "Incredibles" red t-shirts, American Mickey and Minnie t-shirts, DD's have POTC shirts that I am looking for a close match for me and DH).
I may have pins made for my whole extended family to wear-don't know what they will say yet-but something to do with celebrating LIFE!

Maybe as time gets closer we can see if we have any of the same places (like ADR's or parks) planned!

Cannot wait!-Lori
See my new ticker???...

YAY! Well we may see you there! My family(meaning my immediate family-me, Dh and DD's) will have matching shirts the whole time(I hope). I am going to have some made too(hopefully by Lori "thebeadpirate" if she is not gone by the time I order).
So far we have the "Incredibles" red t-shirts, American Mickey and Minnie t-shirts, DD's have POTC shirts that I am looking for a close match for me and DH).
I may have pins made for my whole extended family to wear-don't know what they will say yet-but something to do with celebrating LIFE!

Maybe as time gets closer we can see if we have any of the same places (like ADR's or parks) planned!

Cannot wait!-Lori
See my new ticker???...

Lori, back in 2003 we went to Disney with 13 family members and we all had matching shirts on two days. So many people came up to us to say how they liked them. Especially the cast members. We are looking to doing the same this trip.

Does anybody know of any big events happening in February? I'd like to avoid any crowds that Mardi Gras or sporting or cheerleading events might bring.

Oh, what kind of deals might we expect to get? I've only been once, and that was in September.

Thanks!

Best deals tend to happen before Valentines day as after that the rates change to PEAK season! :scared1:

Best deals tend to happen before Valentines day as after that the rates change to PEAK season! :scared1:

We are going to the Daytona 500 as well, and the value vs peak season is the reason we are spending the week before at WDW instead of the week after. We start our vacation in value and get to pay that all the way through even though it will switch part way through. :cool1:

:wizard: Beth

let's see,
Feb 18th is a holiday of some sort(Presidents day?) for that area(Orange county public schools)
Cheerleading competitions seem to be at the end of the month (around Feb 23rd on to the first weekend in March)
Daytona 500 is February 17, 2008.
Feb 14-Valentines!
Oh and Mardi Gras-Feb 5th!

That is about all I see for Feb unless areas other than the Orange county is in has spring break that early.

Grumpy's wife-we'll have to share our t-shirts colors, etc with each other so we can look for one another! Right now we are all booked at AsMo.

Lori

Jumping in as we are going 2/16-2/20. School vacation week for two very tired teachers and New Englanders who want to get away from the snow!

~Kerrie

Grumpy's Wife & Lori1043:
We are going during Mardi Gras and staying at POP too!!! We plan to wear matching shirts as well - though I'm not as far as having them bought yet. The ideas are still in my head! We will definitely be wearing purple, green, and gold on Mardi Gras day! Hope we bump into y'all.

I am a teacher. A few weeks ago we received our schedule for the 2007-2008 school year. When I saw that we are off for the entire week of Mardi Gras, I said that I wanted to go on a WDW trip that week. I went to WDW before, but at that time, it was considered to be peak season. This year Mardi Gras falls during value season. We may stay at a moderate hotel instead of a value because it's value season. I also belong to AAA.

Here is my problem! My friend wants to fly. How do I book a hotel when I don't know when I'm leaving because the flights are not available yet? It's not easy to get a flight out of N.O. on Mardi Gras weekend. I don't know if I'll leave on the Sat. or Sun. before Mardi Gras. I refuse to take anything but a direct flight because I HATE to fly. My best bet would be to take the day off of work on Friday also and leave then, but I hate to take a day off when we already get the whole following week off.

Does anyone book a room, then change the exact dates? I want to stay at POFQ but it's a small resort. I don't want them to run out of rooms.

:wave:

I often book extra days until I purchase the air tkts, then call and drop the days I will not need. This is not at all unusual in the travel industry and as long as the extra days are cancelled as soon your dates become definite, then those days are freed up for someone else. Imagine how delighted someone will be to call and find those dates became available!! :)

FQ is so pretty and quaint! So glad you'll be able to enjoy a mod instead of a value ~ I just love it when that works out! :)

We've bought our plane tickets to go in Feb. so we are waiting, waiting, waiting to book our Yacht club reservation/package! AAA agent told us could be out in MAY. Anyone else heard this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter