February 22, 2009 - Fantasmic!

court4short

Disney Enabler
Back during the week of Mardi Gras (Feb 21-28) I went to the World with a friend of mine and my 7 year old niece. We went to DHS that Sunday night because it was one of the nights that they were showing Fantasmic, and we figured it would be busy.

I wasn't wrong. Heh.

The show as for 7, and we got there at about 5:15 and the line was already as wide as the large entrance and about 20 people deep. At that point, we were convinced that it was time to go ahead and get in line. So, in order to keep my niece entertained, I bought one of those horribly expensive toys that glow and have no purpose at all. So while we're in line and trying to get this thing out of the box, a cast-member approaches us.

Random Cast-Member: "Excuse me. Is she an only child?" (referring to my niece, of course.)
Me: "Huh? Oh, yeah, she is." (looking at him strangely)
Random Cast-Member: "Okay, great! We've found our princess. Now, if you guys would follow me..."
Friend & I: *blink blink - follows!*

He leads us to the front of the line and in front of the rope that's holding the line back. We're all really excited, but we still have no idea what's going on! After a few minutes of standing around, another cast-member (a really nice older gentleman) approached my niece and bent down to her level and told her that, "You're going to be our Princess tonight. What that means is, you're the Princess of Fantasmic. You're going to be the leader of this entire line and lead them to the show once the music starts."

At that point, I was so excited for her that I could have cried. When it comes down to it, this vacation was for her and that's why I took so many pictures of her and did so many things that she wanted to do. I don't know when I'll be able to take her again, and I wanted to make sure that this was a trip that she'd never forget. Little things like this made the trip so much more amazing.

000kbfc7

^^ That was the gentleman that led her through the line and to the Fantasmic seating area. We ended up sitting front-row, center for the show and couldn't really believe our luck. But, before we got there, as we're walking back, the music starts playing over the intercom and a voice comes over the speakers: "Welcome to Disney's Hollywood Studios and our showing of Fantasmic! Please welcome our special guest tonight, Princess Gabbea!"

Was anyone else from the DISboards there that night? I still can't believe the luck we had.

Has anything like that ever happened to you guys at the World, and was your first thought "I wonder if anyone from the DISboards is here right now!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter