February 7, 2004 Eastern

Hi Minimoms!!
This will be our first cruise also. My DW is the Disney fanatic, but it is growing on me. we have been to WDW 4 out of the 5 last years...last year being the exception. We joined the DVC in 2000. We will be going to the BCV after the cruise for a 1 night stay and then on to Port Charlotte to visit my parents for a week. We can't wait to get out of this COLD Michigan weather!!! I did see that there are going to be 8 ships in port at St. Thomas when we are there. I also see that the Magic will anchor and tenter people on-shore when we get there. We are trying to figure out which shore excursions to go on too. We look forward to meeting you and the rest of our fellow cruisers when we get there.:earsboy: :wave2:

Welcome Minniemoms,
I, too am a Disney obsessesd fortysomething who cannot make it without walking down Main Street USA once a month or so. We are planning a mini meet the first day of the cruise, around 3:15 outside of Studio Sea and I am going to attempt to make a group brunch reservation - let me know if you would like to add your name to the list (I'll need your cabin number also). Traditionally Dis folks will wear some type of lime green marking (ribbon, tshirt, face paint etc... just kidding about the face paint) to identify ourselves with one another.

Nine days and counting,
Dawn

Shanno--Thanks, if they hook up via email that would be great.

We've tendered before, the process is very easy and painless, we did it last time. Yesterday I saw OUR ship harbored at the St. Thomas port cam. NEXT time it is there WE WILL ALL BE ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Pinkbounc
WE ARE SO EXCITED!

Carla

Hi Carla!!

I saw it on the port cam in ST yesterday too!! We can't wait to get there :earsboy: :wave2:

Mike

So what does everyone have planned for St. Thomas? I looked at the port schedule and was amazed at the number of ships in port. If the ships are full that is close to 19,000 cruise visitors (Hopefully I did my math wrong). For those that have cruised before, are the crowds noticeable wherever you go or does the island absorb people pretty well?

We've reserved a Jeep and plan on going to a beach or 2 and possibly Coral World.

Both times before we've gone to St. John. So St Thomas will be new for us.

We booked a shore excursion through shore trips.om
Someone here on the Disboards recommended them highly
We are going to do an intro to scuba, then do 2 dives
I 1st made the ressies for Thurs the 12th, but somehow remembered that we are at sea that day and Wed is St Thomas day. My DH saved the day, He called and got everything changed
I cant wait to go.
Ive been lurking and Im looking forward to meeting everyone

Debbie

I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!
Next week at this time I will be doing our official "cruise" laundry, so that we can pack when I get home from work on Friday.
As far as excursions go, I think that we are winging it. We'll probably explore the towns on our own and grab a cab to the beach.
Have Sweet Disney Dreams,
Dawn

Don't forget to watch the DCL special on the Travel Channel tomorrow evening - 9 pm Eastern time, I believe.

Originally posted by disneygal58
I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!
Next week at this time I will be doing our official "cruise" laundry, so that we can pack when I get home from work on Friday.
Have Sweet Disney Dreams,
Dawn

LOL, so does it mean that I'm an over planner if I'm almost done packing? I've been setting out stuff for the last month on a card table in the basement and last night i started getting stuff into the suitcases. I guess maybe I'm just a little excited.
::MinnieMo

Woke up to -22 here in Minnesota today!! It is in the -40 below up north. Schools in my area are closed and I am done with all my work this week except for paperwork that I can do at home today. I think I might pack my bag.

Dawn-I did not get your message but please include my husband, Andy and myself in the brunch ressies under your cabin as you offered. Still no room assigned. I called today to check and told the reservationist about our terribly cold weather and my hope for a room with a view and possibly a balcony.

I hope everyone is staying warm and healthy.

Janene

Just checked at weather.com and the 10 day forecast is showing rain for our departure date!! About a 50% chance. Hopefully that will change for the better. Once before when we cruised in Feb we had rain when we boarded but the rest of the week was beautiful!!!

If it rains, then they do the sailaway party indoors which, to me, is not as much fun...but it is still over a week away so who knows!!!

MJ

Ditto...the report I checked said 40% chance of rain at departure. The rest of the week was 80s and clear!

It is single digits here for the high, and we leave in 2 days (maybe.) That is, DD hasn't cleaned her bathroom or packed yet, and I'm going to have to be a meany and not leave if she hasn't done her work. She was told to do this 2 weeks ago! The good is that we have 5 days at WDW scheduled, so she'd be missing a park day.

I'm definitely Disney Dreaming........warm sounds so wonderful.

My favorite store was having their winter clearance today, and I decided that it was too cold to go out. How bad is that! And I can't go tomorrow as that's the day to take the dog to the kennel, get the hair done, etc.

I have seen the reports about rain on departure day too...but I'm not too worried about it yet. Our local weatherman says that any forcast longer than three days is just guessing anyway. It will just be GREAT to get out of this cold weather no matter what!! It is supposed to get to -4 or less out tonight.

Dawn, did you get the PM is sent you about brunch ressies? Just in case, would you please add Mike & Lisa Monaghan, cabin #7068 to your list. Thanks!!

Mike

Janene and Mike,
I have added both of your groups to the ressie. If successful we will have brunch for 16!
The weather is a bit gloomy here today - cloudy and drizzly. It is supposed to clear by Monday and be back up into the 70s - I'll keep you all posted with the local forecast.
Just think next week at this time you will all be in your respective hotels awaiting embarkation on the Magic! It is very odd to be living a half hour away and NOT checking into a hotel prior to the cruise. If you get a chance do check out Ron Jon's in Cocoa Beach - it's a short drive from the Radisson and is a local institution.

8 to go,
Dawn

Just curious, do you have us on the list for brunch and tea? I know that I had expressed an interest in the tea but I'm not sure about the brunch. If we're not on the brunch list, will you please add us? Also for the tea, is it looking like it's mostly going to be the ladies of the group or are dh's going too?
::MinnieMo

For whatever reason, our 10yo DD just doesn't handle stress/excitement (whatever you want to call it) very well. So usually before a vacation, b-day, holidays, etc. she just has meltdowns. Well it's started for this vacation. She was very much wearing her "crabby pants" tonight. In this instance, I think it's just the stress of trying to get regular school work and make up work from the week we'll be gone done. I just hope she gets out of her mood soon so I don't have to strangle her before the cruise. LOL I am so not looking forward to her being a teenager because I know the drama will just be worse then!

Jen,
I do have you on the list for both Brunch and High Tea. Yes, it does look as if it is mostly women for Tea (and I will be pleasantly surprized if we are able to secure the Tea Ressie - they are very difficult to come by).
Brace yourself for the heavy hormone years with your daughters - once they (and you) successfully survive them you can look forward to Peri-menopause and your own return to hormonal craziness!

I love checking the boards and finding our post at the top of the list!
For those of you spending time at WDW prior to the cruise, the weather (at the moment) looks fine until some predicted showers on Friday.

Enjoy your final Saturday before we board,
Dawn

We leave early in the morning...seee you all in FL....and the weather report looks better. Only 10% chance of rain at departure, sunny and warm in Carribean. Bye all....
Kathryn

Kathryn, I don't think I am ready for you to leave yet. As the trip gets closer I keep coming up with more questions. You have been such a wonderful help on the boards with answers to so many posts. I hope you have a great trip and we'll see you on-board. I am keeping my fingers crossed about the weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter