"Feel" of the resorts?

Family Fun Mom

<font color=green>No longer tagless... my wit has
Hello! I am a potential renter with a question about the resorts.

We stayed at POR for our first (and only, so far) trip to WDW. We absolutely loved it. We loved the tucked away in the bayou, away from the hustle and bustle, feel of the resort. We also like that the pool is in it's own little area and there isn't a lot of passerby traffic. All of the DVC resorts look amazing in their own way, but I was wondering which of them have that same type of secluded feel?

Thanks in advance!

I would guess that the resorts not attached to Deluxe resorts (OKW & SSR), would be the most secluded. BWV is very busy because of the boardwalk. BCV is very busy because of the YC/BC guests, people walking through the lobby to go to SAB, and the retaurants, even though the BCV themselves are small. VWL might seem more secluded even though it is attached to the WL, because of the woods. I have only ever eaten in the WL, so I'm not totally sure about that one. I have never stayed at, only visited SSR and it does seem secluded and private, even though it is a large resort. The quiet pools seemed especially private. Or maybe everyone was at a park that day!

For the most similar, "away from the hustle-bustle"feel, similar to POR, I vote for OKW. Before joining DVC, I was a big POR fan. Since joining DVC, I've stayed at all 5 on-site DVC resorts, and I think OKW is the most like it. One reason I'd choose it over SSR or BWV is that, like POR, it has lots of vegetation. My second choice would be BCV. You're really close to Epcot, yet you're tucked away behind BC, and when I've stayed there, it has a very relaxed feel.

Old Key West to me captures the same spirit of POFQ and Riverside and since they are neighbors you get the same waterways. :thumbsup2

NMW said:
BWV is very busy because of the boardwalk.

While it sounds like OKW is the resort for the OP, I have to respectfully disagree with NMW.

This comment is the most common misconception about the BWV. While the Boardwalk side of the resort can be a hub of activity, the other side of the resort, especially around the quiet pool, is as secluded and quiet of an area that you will find at a Disney resort. The walkway along the canal to MGM is amazingly quiet and filled with wildlife.

I realize that the Boardwalk is a main attraction at the BWV but the other side of the resort is completely different and worth thinking about too.

HBC

Sammie said:
Old Key West to me captures the same spirit of POFQ and Riverside and since they are neighbors you get the same waterways. :thumbsup2

I totally agree. We were HUGE POR fans and seriously questioned whether we made a mistake buying DVC b/c we wouldn't be able to stay there anymore. We stayed at SSR and BWI and although they were both very nice, we really missed POR. Last month, however, we stayed at OKW and just LOVED it. It really does have the same "feel" as POR. The atmosphere was just great and most definately our favorite DVC resort so far. :sunny:

Thank you all so much! I love the look of OKW and remember passing it several times on our way to and from POR. I think that is the one I am going to seriously look into. Our trip is a long way off, but it's never too soon to start planning, right?

Thanks for all of your help!

I agree with OKW. Our first WDW trip was to PO-FQ, so I don't know if that made a difference, but OKW is definitely our favorite for relaxing. Now, for convenience, we've been known to stay at BWV a time or two, but we always miss OKW when we do! ;)

Happy Birthday Cat said:
While it sounds like OKW is the resort for the OP, I have to respectfully disagree with NMW.

This comment is the most common misconception about the BWV. While the Boardwalk side of the resort can be a hub of activity, the other side of the resort, especially around the quiet pool, is as secluded and quiet of an area that you will find at a Disney resort. The walkway along the canal to MGM is amazingly quiet and filled with wildlife.

I realize that the Boardwalk is a main attraction at the BWV but the other side of the resort is completely different and worth thinking about too.

HBC

Good points. I guess because our family likes the boardwalk so much, maybe we focus on that area of the resort. We have only ever had a boardwalk "view" room at either BWV or BWI. We are doing standard view in Oct and I wonder if we will find it more peaceful. :goodvibes

I love the BWV and the only reason I did not reccomend it to the OP was because he/she wanted a resort similar to POR, which I don't think it is.

NMW said:
... BCV is very busy because of the YC/BC guests, people walking through the lobby to go to SAB, and the retaurants, even though the BCV themselves are small. ...

Different strokes for different folks. We like BCV because we feel it is quieter and more secluded - away from the lagoon, away from the boardwalk, away from SAB. I enjoy the Dunes Cove pool because it is rarely full, more likely almost empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter