Feel Stupid......

If you enjoyed your Disney cruises, then it does not matter. Just because you enjoyed the other cruise line, does not take away from your enjoyment on the Disney ships. I would not sail on Carnival because I don't like the party atmosphere, and I don't trust them, but I am glad that you enjoyed it.

As @Lilsia said, you must have enjoyed 13 DCL cruises to keep going back. All the cruise lines offer something unique and enjoyable. Glad you had a great time on Carnival. I too would not take a Carnival cruise, again, for the party atmosphere and the fact my neighbors were on the Carnival cruise that lost power off Mexico for 3 days and was finally towed into San Diego. They were not happy and didn't take the free voucher for another cruise with them.

For having spent so much money on 13 Disney cruises when I had much more fun on the Carnival Cruise that I got off of yesterday (my first) 🙈 :duck:

I think I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way and am glad that I was forced into giving Carnival a chance. Luckily I was only 2 Disney cruises in at the time. I think what you're saying, if it is the same as what I felt, is not that Disney cruises are bad in any way. Just compared to Carnival cruises, which are almost just as good in some areas, and better in others, the fact that Disney's are about 2x the cost makes you feel like you wasted some money on them in the past. That's certainly the way I feel about my second Disney cruise.

I think I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way and am glad that I was forced into giving Carnival a chance. Luckily I was only 2 Disney cruises in at the time. I think what you're saying, if it is the same as what I felt, is not that Disney cruises are bad in any way. Just compared to Carnival cruises, which are almost just as good in some areas, and better in others, the fact that Disney's are about 2x the cost makes you feel like you wasted some money on them in the past. That's certainly the way I feel about my second Disney cruise.

Yes, that’s exactly it! Now don’t get me wrong.... nobody does kids like Disney, but nobody does adults like Carnival. Plus, IMO the dining room service in the MDR’s on Disney has gone downthe past few years. The service we received on Carnival was OUTSTANDING! Plus, their servers had to put on a nightly “show” on top of everything else.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise! We enjoy both DCL and Carnival but have decided that at this point in our lives Carnival is a better choice for us in terms of value and what we enjoy in a cruise. We've always had great food, entertainment and service! Nothing wrong with liking other cruise lines besides DCL. It only matters what works best for you and your family! We're looking at branching out some more in 2021 as well. Princess or Norwegian to Alaska! :goodvibes

Don't feel stupid you have the memories as others have said. Your cruise and vacation choices are yours and yours only. We have done 3 DCL cruises and are about to take our fourth. We might change it up after this one just to try the RC floating continents but we can't knock the DCL memories.

I had that same feeling after we ventured out and tried Royal. I kept hearing I would regret it, mostly from these boards, so it took a loooong time to work up the courage. So very glad we did.
We will still do an occasional DCL cruise, with family next year I hope, but we like B2B’s so we save a ton going with Royal and enjoy it more. Win win!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise! We enjoy both DCL and Carnival but have decided that at this point in our lives Carnival is a better choice for us in terms of value and what we enjoy in a cruise. We've always had great food, entertainment and service! Nothing wrong with liking other cruise lines besides DCL. It only matters what works best for you and your family! We're looking at branching out some more in 2021 as well. Princess or Norwegian to Alaska! :goodvibes

We have the Norwegian Encore booked for 2021 😊

The Liberty.

We sail on the Conquest this Saturday. I think they are sister ships! We enjoy that class a bunch-nice size and layout. Although I am eager to try the newer ships as well!

We have the Norwegian Encore booked for 2021 😊

Looking at the Bliss for Alaska! Need to do some more research, I really don't know much about NCL at all!

Platinum on Disney and 1 day short of Platinum on Carnival plus cruises on Norweigan, Princess, Cunard, RCL, Princess, the Big Red Boat and in a couple of months Virgin Cruises. None have disappointed. For this year I have Virgin cuz who doesn't want to try something new and Carnival because taking 12 people on Carnival makes financial sense (we have all been on Diseny). Looking forward to getting my Disney fix at the parks this year.

Platinum on Disney and 1 day short of Platinum on Carnival plus cruises on Norweigan, Princess, Cunard, RCL, Princess, the Big Red Boat and in a couple of months Virgin Cruises. None have disappointed. For this year I have Virgin cuz who doesn't want to try something new and Carnival because taking 12 people on Carnival makes financial sense (we have all been on Diseny). Looking forward to getting my Disney fix at the parks this year.

I really would love to try Virgin too! I’ve heard that Clayton is going to be the cruise director on Virgin’s first ship! Since he was my favorite CD on Disney, that makes me want to go even more!!

I know Carnival has the reputation of being a party cruise and a lot of people who have never tried them for themselves like to said that...

... but on 5 Carnival cruises, only 1 had a little bit more of a party atmosphere and I believe we felt it just because the ship was much smaller, there was only one pool so everyone was cramped in the same space and we met the same people all the time.

Cruises on bigger ships didn't feel like that.

Plus, I have seen drunk people on DCL as well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter