Feeling lost and bewildered

Lyndylou

Mouseketeer
We live in Scotland ,have been DVC members since 1994 and have been to Disneyworld 16 times for 3-6 weeks at a time. We were cooking with gas and thought we had everything sussed. Haven't been now since 2019 due to covid and it seems like EVERYTHING has changed I am lost.
We are super excited to be booked for 4 weeks at BWV July/August 2022 but park tickets are a mystery. I have read all the bad reviews and discontent but i am not looking for any of that. Has anyone heard any rumours re the UK 21 day passes coming back ? I read the 14 day passes can be used up to 18 days from first day of use instead of 14 which is fabulous and really helpful But we need a 21 day ticket {if we could use it 21 days over 25 days wouldn't that be a dream ]. 😁
Sorry for the lengthy post but also I have forgotten How far in advance can DVC /resort stay guests book meals
Thank you

Rumour has it that the 21 day tickets have gone for good. Could you buy a 14 day U.K. ticket to use over 18 days and then a U.K. 7 day ticket or even US day tickets? Or maybe even an AP? ADRs can be made 60 days out for length of stay up to 10 days, then day by day.

Rumour has it that the 21 day tickets have gone for good. Could you buy a 14 day U.K. ticket to use over 18 days and then a U.K. 7 day ticket or even US day tickets? Or maybe even an AP? ADRs can be made 60 days out for length of stay up to 10 days, then day by day.
Thank you .We have actually looked at the AP and thought about coming a week later this year and slightly earlier next year to make that viable. We have a young adult with autism so often cant stay whole days but go in as many days as we can. I will maybe check out the day passes. The 7 day ticket is the same price as the 14.
60 days for all restaurants ? Wasn't there a 180 day ADR for some or am I just wrong.
:confused3 Last time we were there for 4 weeks we bought a "dining round the world"?? pass . I cant recall the exact name but saved us a fortune. (My memory is saying 20% in a ton of places) I cant find any links to that. Has that been stopped too do you know ?I have been googling so much Disney stuff today my head is mince :rotfl2: Thanks again. I

Thank you .We have actually looked at the AP and thought about coming a week later this year and slightly earlier next year to make that viable. We have a young adult with autism so often cant stay whole days but go in as many days as we can. I will maybe check out the day passes. The 7 day ticket is the same price as the 14.
60 days for all restaurants ? Wasn't there a 180 day ADR for some or am I just wrong.
:confused3 Last time we were there for 4 weeks we bought a "dining round the world"?? pass . I cant recall the exact name but saved us a fortune. (My memory is saying 20% in a ton of places) I cant find any links to that. Has that been stopped too do you know ?I have been googling so much Disney stuff today my head is mince :rotfl2: Thanks again. I
You used to be able to make ADRs at 180 days, but it is 60 days now. Some restaurants appear on OT earlier. The discount card you are remembering is Tables in Wonderland. That seems to have disappeared, for now at least. You would get between 10 and 15 % off some restaurant bills with an AP, but the discount only applies to food not alcohol, so not as generous as TiW. Don’t forget that you need to make Advance Park Reservations now.

You used to be able to make ADRs at 180 days, but it is 60 days now. Some restaurants appear on OT earlier. The discount card you are remembering is Tables in Wonderland. That seems to have disappeared, for now at least. You would get between 10 and 15 % off some restaurant bills with an AP, but the discount only applies to food not alcohol, so not as generous as TiW. Don’t forget that you need to make Advance Park Reservations now.
That was it TIW ! We saved a fortune with that in 2019 was awesome. Yes definitely more planning required for next year but we are so excited already and we are still 8 months away so I'm sure we will catch on to the genie and stuff. How hard can it be :confused3 :rotfl2: Am I correct that APR are just for your first park of the day and you can hop after 2 or something ? Thanks a bunch for giving me these shortcut replies . I'll be googling all night now and making notes.

That was it TIW ! We saved a fortune with that in 2019 was awesome. Yes definitely more planning required for next year but we are so excited already and we are still 8 months away so I'm sure we will catch on to the genie and stuff. How hard can it be :confused3 :rotfl2: Am I correct that APR are just for your first park of the day and you can hop after 2 or something ? Thanks a bunch for giving me these shortcut replies . I'll be googling all night now and making notes.
Yes APRs are needed for your first park of the day and you can hop after 2pm. Have fun researching and planning.

if you hadn't mentioned you were from Scotland, I would have sussed that out from the 'head is mince' comment 😀👍

You need to start with the tickets. The tickets are going to be a big difference. You could use the Sorcerer pass, but they are currently not even selling them. That pass is much more expensive than the 14 day pass, and I believe has more blacked out. Disney is still messing with tickets, and I think all of them are going to get price hikes soon.

If you find a ticket solution you like, I would lock it in while you can. If you can't find a ticket solution that works for you, it's not a bad time to sell. I seriously considered selling my DVC if APs did not come back, because my DVC plans didn't work with day tickets.

For what it matters, your DVC/AP would get you a lot of the Tables in Wonderland discounts. They overlap poorly, so there's always places that take one or the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter