Feeling uneasy about my SSW trip

RAMWDWFAN

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I've been reading a lot of threads about SSW and the crowds, and I'm beginning to think it might not be such a good idea to go. I hate large crowds (I can usually deal with a July/August WDW crowd), but I don't know how I'll deal with large groups of soap fans. I may just stop in MGM to see how bad it is and then move onto Epcot for the day. Is anyone else feeling this way?

A hoarde of soap fans does not sound appealing to me either.

Just don't GO to ANY of the Soap Activities. Avoid ANYTHING with a line, as it will have something to do with a Soap Star. There will be NO lines for RnR and ToT, believe me, I hit those First thing in the morning, and do NOT have to wait! If you are NOT a Saop Fan at all, AVOID this park, as that will give ME MORE room to move around!:o

LOL Poohbear123 :)

She's right--just avoid the soap stuff and you should be fine :)

I have been at WDW several times during the Soap weekend and we just avoid MGM and never had a problem. If you are a soap opera fan, it is supposed to be a blast though. I have a co worker that goes with a group of women, they stay at YC, get a plan that includes meals and they do some soap opera stuff, some park stuff, a lot of eating, drinking and partying and they have a ball!

Hey guys,

To clarify my concerns a bit, I am not worried about myself per se. It's the tales I've heard about the soap fans not moving to let people pass from one side of the park to the next. If I want to get through a crowd, I have no problem "moving" others out of my way. I don't want to "move" anyone if it's not necessary. So for the sake of the public, I might just visit the other parks during my stay. Still excited to go to WDW!!

We are expecting very large crowds here at the Studios this weekend. At the same time we are not expecting a signifigant increase in attraction attendance. Turns out most people that come for SSW do not come to ride the rides or see the normal shows. The streets and parking lot will be very crowded but the attractions and shows should still have comfortably short wait times.

I do hope you visit. The studios really grow on you the more you visit.

I enjoyed MGM on SSW. I wasn't interested in seeing SSW, but there were absolutely no lines for the attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter