Fess Parker Winery????

chip64

Mouseketeer
pirate: I am an absolute fan of Davey Crockett. As a matter of fact from where I live in Spring Hill. Tennessee Davey Crocketts home cabin as well as a state park is just about 35 minutes southwest from where we live. Now here is my ?? How far is Fess's Parkers Winery from Disneyland? Is he ever there in person? Just curious, does anyone have any info..? Also if he is there does he give autographs? Thanks, Chip@Janet.

We went to the winery in '99. I believe he was there at the time. He makes some fantastic wines! I honestly can't remember exactly how far away it is. I know we drove past Santa Barbara, and we went through a little town called Solvang which looks like it was plucked out of Denmark.

I wasn't the one driving though, so all I really did was look at the scenery and thus have no real idea how long anything took.

We used to live in LA - you should probably be able to make the drive in 4 hours. There are a few areas where you might get bogged down with traffic....

We went to the Fess Parker Winery in 1995 - I can't believe that was 10 years ago! Fess led the tour and then we got an autographed bottle of wine.... it was a great experience.

I hope you get to see Fess on your trip.
:)

Mapquest says that Los Olivos is about 156 miles and 2 3/4 hours from Anaheim. What with the road problems after the heavy rains this year I wouldn't be surprised at a 4 hour drive (e.g. La Conchita is on the way there). But it's a very scenic drive. I understand many of the locales were used in the academy award nominated film 'Sideways', but I haven't seen it so I can't say for sure. Note that Los Olivos is also the location of Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, but that's not open to the public, and I understand MJ is busy with other issues at the moment anyway. ;)

It should be about 2 or 3 hours from DL to get there.

on a sidenote I grew up in Santa Barbara and during my freshman year in college there I worked pt at a law firm. one of their clients was Fess Parker so I used to see him often. very friendly man.

I would say it is about three hours no traffic from Anaheim. A good bit of the road is right along the ocean. It does indeed go past La Conchita and I don't know if that is still holding traffic up or not. I just saw Sideways and the Fess Parkers Winery is the one where they show the busses of people going to. It is not that way but it is one of the bigger wineries there. They have a great grassy area there and back a few years you could grab a tri tip sandwich and eat it out on the lawn. For those of you not familier with Tri Tip, it is called brisket elsewhere. Santa Maria claims to be the town that perfected the BBQ' in of Tri Tip. Of course BBQ is a west coast phrase, to our mid west friends that would be a Cook Out. haha

The Firestone winery (from The Bachelor fame) is also there and in the movie Sideways. They are offering a "Sideways" tour right now. I would recommend the whole winery area if you have the time to travel. Oh and Fess Parker is at his winery on a pretty regular basis from what I have heard.

MickyMommy said:
I would say it is about three hours no traffic from Anaheim.

Yeah, but when is there no traffic?! ;)

Whatever you do, don't attempt this on a Friday!!!

pirate: After much consideration my wife and I won't be going to the winery only because of our time constaints for our stay and everything that we will be doing during our stay. I really do appreciate everyone's posts on this particular question. Maybe 1 day we will find the time!!! Thanks again everyone!! Chip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter