Finally Honeymooning

Eskomo

Earning My Ears
We're finally able to take our honeymoon Oct 4-14th at Disney and in Orlando...We were married back on January 27, 2001.

Can you still wear the ears even if it's almost 2 years after the wedding, or would that be wrong/silly? It just seems weird to me after being married nearly 2 years, but we are still honeymooners. ;)

Eskomo

i don't see anything wrong with wearing your ears after almost 2 years! who cares?! go and have a blast!!

We were almost taking on a honeymoon to Disney World in January 2010 & it was going to be a blast!

I think that you could wear the ears, but you might want to put a patch or a pin on them that says something like Anniversary, or the # of years married. People there (guests & CM's) kept asking us when we were married, and if we were real newlyweds (only the guests asked this), so I guess they have a lot of experiences with people who aren't newlyweds wearing the ears to get the perks & recognition. I'd have felt bad lying to them about our wedding date, and it would have been weird to say, "Oh, we were married a year and a half ago" if we had taken our honeymoon much later, so you might want to add the patch or pin, to let people know it's for an anniversary, and that you're not newlyweds.
We saw a couple there with a 50 year anniversary patch on the ears, and it was really sweet (except the woman wouldn't wear hers!).
Also, it happened twice that other guests at a restaurant saw the ears and bought us drinks since we were newlyweds. If we hadn't really been newlyweds, I would have felt like we were taking their drinks on false pretences.
I see no problem with wearing the ears, but hopefully you can find some way to let people know that you're not actually newlyweds, to avoid confusion or having to lie to other guests or CM's.
Cheers!
Heather W

Congrats Eskomo !!! I'm sure you'll have a great time :D

You're the 1st person I've ever seen from Esko on these boards :D

I grew up there, but moved to Duluth about 10 yrs ago.....

We're going to be wearing our ears and our honeymoon (Nov 10- 23) will be 3 months after the wedding. If it is your honeymoon then by all means wear the ears!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter