Finding WDW spirit in a place you might not expect!

ScarletIndigo

Certified Sweetpea
I have repeatedly read here at the DIS boards that CMs at Disney are some of the friendliest and most helpful people you'll ever have the pleasure of being served by, but I had no idea that this cheerful attitude extended to the reservations office!

Here's what happened ... I had just booked my room at ASMu through the WDW website, and the next morning I was poking around MouseSavers.com to see what kinds of deals I could find on tickets and such. To my surprise, that's when I first read about the Fairytale Vacation Package -- a package that hadn't even existed the day before when I placed my reservation!

In a panic, I grabbed the phone and called the reservations office, desperate to cancel my order for 5-Day PH tickets (yep, the plain ol' 4 park tickets with no additional perks). Those tickets alone had cost me nearly $500, and with a seperate hotel reservation bound to cost almost $700, I knew I'd be out a few hundred dollars if I didn't take action. The Fairytale Vacation package was exactly what DF and I needed to match our plans, so I dialed that phone so fast I nearly broke it! ;-)

The person at the first number I called said she was unable to help me, but she gave me another number to call. This time around I struck gold -- in form of a gal named Kim.

Kim not only said that she could help me, she actually GOT UP from her desk, went back to the mail room, talked to the folks in there, and had two or three people searching for my PH tickets so she could catch them before they were mailed out. After about ten minutes of finger-crossing, Kim triumphantly announced "We found them!" It turns out if I had called two hours later, the tickets would have already been in the mail!

Thanks to Kim's help, I was able to cancel my order for the PH tickets and reserve my Fairytale Vacation package. All told, the switch saved us over $250 and gave us an upgrade to 8-Day Ultimate Park Hopper tickets -- THREE additional days more than I'd originally ordered, and the highest level of PH passes!

Since then, I've been looking around trying to find an email address or phone number to contact management at the reservations office to let them know how friendly Kim was and how grateful I am that she went to such lengths to help me out. I know there are some generic email addresses I could send a note to, but I want to be sure it gets seen by the right people. I wish I'd thought to ask Kim her last name, but with any luck they'll find the right gal and let her know that her winning attitude and helpful spirit definitely put me in the WDW spirit and made me even MORE excited about my upcoming vacation -- not to mention making me ecstatic about the money we saved!

So if anyone knows of a phone number or email address I could use, please send it my way! And in the meantime, has anyone else come across this kind of hospitality from the friendly folks at the reservations office? I hope there are more Kims out there, because this kind of treatment is exactly what vacations (especially at WDW) should be all about!

Very nice story ScarletIndigo! I posted something on the Community Board and maybe someone can help you there!:sunny:

ScarletIndigo

I have a snail mail address:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

I sent a letter about a WONDERFUL CM we encountered on our trip in January, and I actually RECEIVED a phone call back from WDW acknowledging my letter, and saying that they would bring it to the attention of the CM and their managers.

Send that letter!!!!!

What a great story

Debbie

ScarletIndigo -

Use Debster's Address.....but address it to Mr. Al Weiss, President

;) I have it on good authority that it will be noticed and Kim will get recognition in her personel file!

Have A Magical Trip! :)

Perfect! Thank you so much for the information, Deb and Goofy. I will definitley be mailing that letter out soon. I used to work in Customer Service, so I know how important it is to be recognized for your good work. I hope the friendly folks at WDW truly appreciate the spirit and friendly attitude of their employees at the reservations call centers. They may not be treated like true "CMs" in the parks, but Kim certainly put a smile on my face and reminded me why WDW is truly "the greatest place on earth!"

I also used to be a CSR, and I know what a great feeling it was to have a copy of a letter in my mailbox with a note from our President, saying "Thanks for the great job, Debbie"

I was floored that we got a phone call, so by all means include your address and phone number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter