• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fire at The Enchanted Tiki Room

com_op_2000

DVC Member since '93; One Hour from WDW
Firefighters were called to a small fire at an attraction at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom park on Wednesday, officials said.

According to the Reedy Creek Fire Department, firefighters were called to the park's The Enchanted Tiki Room – Under New Management attraction in the Adventureland section of Magic Kingdom about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Fire Department spokesman Bo Jones said a small fire in the attic of the attraction was extinguished by fire sprinklers. Firefighters worked to evacuate the area and to check to make sure the fire was completely out, Jones said.

After determining that the fire was out, firefighters reopened the area, officials said. About 8 p.m., Jones said only the Enchanted Tiki Room remained closed to park goers, as crews worked to clear excess sprinkler water.

The cause of the fire was still under investigation Wednesday evening. Jones said crews were still working to determine the extent of the damage, but he said it appeared the sprinklers had kept the fire from spreading to other structures.

"They did their job today," he said. Firefighters did not report any injuries as a result of the fire.

According to Disney's website, The Enchanted Tiki Room – Under New Management is a "Polynesian musical revue starring singing birds, flowers and tiki idols, performed for Guests of all ages inside the Sunshine Pavilion in the Adventureland area at Magic Kingdom theme park."

The attraction, originally named Tropical Serenade, features two of Disney's well-known characters, Iago from Aladdin and Zazu from The Lion King, according to the website.

Please tell me that the recording of Gilbert Godfried was destroyed. It seems like a sign from above...what's next, Walt? Stitch...Sounds Dangerous?

Kerri

Please tell me that the recording of Gilbert Godfried was destroyed. It seems like a sign from above.... . . . .

We went to Disneyland two years ago... we enjoyed seeing the original show.

Yes, Bring back the original. (or something other than what goes on now) We took friends to The World two years ago, and the only comment I hear as they relate their experience to others is the terrible Enchanted Tiki Room, and how disappointed they were. Geeze Louise!

And only a week or two after the fire at Islands of Adventure closed Rip Saw Falls.

Yes, Bring back the original. (or something other than what goes on now) We took friends to The World two years ago, and the only comment I hear as they relate their experience to others is the terrible Enchanted Tiki Room, and how disappointed they were. Geeze Louise!

I'm right there with you DD. We have only watched the new show (that is how many years old now?) once.
It was 10 of the most irritating minutes that we have ever spent at MK.

Robotic birds - it's what's for dinner.
:lmao:

Hi Muush - Don't we run into each other in the nicest places - now I have to get back to The Thread before caught by someone else . . . .

I love the comments/insults Iago makes at the very very end of the show. If you haven't waited around to hear them, you're missing the best part of the show.

:lmao:
Hi Muush - Don't we run into each other in the nicest places - now I have to get back to The Thread before caught by someone else . . . .

Caught red handed!

I also hate the new management version. I took my DH on it once just to show him how terrible it was. Then when we went to Disneyland, he got to see the original. Lightyears better! We are going to DL again later this month and one of the things I'm looking forward to is the Tiki birds there. It is part of the "Walk in Walt's footsteps" tour that we are going to take again. You see the show and then how the animated birds are put together.

Hey Guys am I on the wrong thread :confused3

One more vote for the original.... but I still will go to the new show.
Hope they don't close it down.

Personally, it's an opportunity to get out of the heat :sunny: and into a darkened space. I don't mind closing my eyes and resting my weary bones until the end of the show.

Yes, please bring back the original.

Robotic birds - it's what's for dinner.

Walt Originally wanted to make Tropical Seranade AKA Enchanted Tiki Room A Dining Experience.

Quote:
I love the comments/insults Iago makes at the very very end of the show. If you haven't waited around to hear them, you're missing the best part of the show.

I like the Line "I Think I'll Head over to the Hall Of Presidents and Take A Nap!" :rotfl2:

Personally, it's an opportunity to get out of the heat :sunny: and into a darkened space. I don't mind closing my eyes and resting my weary bones until the end of the show. . . . . . .

You do that in a number of places, don't you? :lovestruc

Maybe the Tiki gods have finally had enough!! Never saw the old show, but bringing it back to its original, more Walt inspired state wouldnt bother me.

Since this really isn't a DVC related thread, I'm moving it over to the Parks board.

Maybe the Tiki gods have finally had enough!! Never saw the old show, but bringing it back to its original, more Walt inspired state wouldnt bother me.

It truely was a Walt inspired show. In fact, unless I am mistaken, it was his first Animatronic show with animals, right along with the Jungle ride.

I'm with you all. Let this be a sign that the original should be brought back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter