Fired CP's

ounmbr1

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to be fired from the CP program? And if you are transffered to a different area, is that a bad thing? Just curious.

It is absolutely possible to be "termed" (terminated) for both on the job things as well as housing issues. Disney is quite serious about things like underage drinking and breaking the rules at the housing complexes. Attendance and safety are also VERY important. I've known people who got termed within a few weeks of arriving as well as within a few weeks of departing, so it can happen anytime.

The important thing is to follow the rules and make sure those around you are following the rules. Yes, YOU can be termed for something someone else did if you did not speak up about it.

Getting transferred to a different area is very unusual, but generally no big deal.

Is it possible to be fired from the CP program? And if you are transffered to a different area, is that a bad thing? Just curious.

Like all TWDC Cast Members and Employees, Disney Parks and Resorts Internships and Programs Participants are employed on a "At Will" Basis and may terminate their employment or have their employment terminated at any time for any reason, with the exception of those protected by law and or Company Policy (Race, Gender, Sexual Orientation, etc.).

Common reasons are for violation of Company Policy (Excessive Absences, Theft, etc.), violations of Housing Community Codes (Underage Drinking, etc.), and violations of Federal, State and Local Laws (Sexual Harassment, etc.).

While it certainly is not common to transfer Disney Internships and Programs Participants during their contract term, it does occur from time to time. There are a wide variety of reasons why this happens, many of which are not necessarily negative.

In addition, depending on their Line of Business and Role, Participants may be deployed to work in other areas during the course of their program, as demanded by labor needs. While these deployments may sometimes be long-term, they are meant to be temporary in nature, and do not constitute a transfer.

Yes, I've heard some bad stories :( It leaves me in fear of being termed because some of the stories are just ridiculous. It's terrible!

My roommate got terminated for eating on the job...multiple times. I can't believe they let him off the hook the first time, but what I really can't understand is why he did it again and so shortly after the first incident. That was pretty ignorant though...don't eat food unless your manager give you permission; every once in a while they have extra stuff backstage.

I know of a handful of people that got termed the week before their CP was over for underage drinking. I also know of a couple people that got termed for attendance.

Not to mention, I got to move into the apartment that I did because 1/2 of the roommates got termed for trying to sneak someone into the apartment complex by sticking them in their trunk b/c they didn't have their ID's. Needless to say, security found out and termed them on the spot.

Disney rules are not something to take lightly. They're in place for a reason :goodvibes

It's not hard to get termed, but at the same time, as long as you just do what you are supposed to... are nice to your co-cast members and guests, you'll be just fine and leave on fantastic terms :thumbsup2

Yeah, Disney doesn't play about their rules. I know someone that got termed 5 days before the end of her program, and she didn't actually do anything herself. She was just in the wrong apartment at the wrong time. And another guy I know got termed for something housing-related, but none of us ever found out what really happened. Mysterious... pixiedust:

I don't know all about getting transferred, but I do know that my ex-roommate was forced to change work areas because he kept sexually harassing the girls in his area. He was a jerk, he got kicked out of our apartment for being racist too. I have no idea how he wasn't termed. But I digress.

Sometimes, if there's not a lot of work to be done in your area, or if there is a down season in your area, you could get transferred. So it's not necessarily a bad thing. Don't count on it happening though, it's pretty rare.

Thanks guys! Wat happens if a CP gets sick and can't get in to see adoctor right away?

Thanks guys! Wat happens if a CP gets sick and can't get in to see adoctor right away?

well, for every time you don't go to work you get a point. if you get 3 points in 30 days you get a reprimand and if you get either 3 or 4 attendance reprimands you can get termed.

if you are 1 second through I believe 2 hours late... you get a half point. After being 2 hours late you get a whole point. I believe those time amounts are right, but I'm not 100 % sure.

Now, say you don't feel well... you can still show up to work and they might ER (early release) you for the day. If this happens because you're not feeling well i would not recommend you playing in the parks or doing ANYTHING with your ID. Same goes for if you simply call in. You can get termed for that.

ER's do not go on your record card as a CP. I got ERed all the time for random reasons... mostly because we were slow and they didn't need me.

If I was sick though and called in, I made sure it was because I really wasn't feeling well and I went to centra care and they gave me a form to give to my managers to prove that I was there.

it should be noted a person can also call in "personal" You get the same amount of points as calling sick, but you're able to use your ID. There is a limitation to how many times you can use it though, and idk that limitation.

it should be noted a person can also call in "personal" You get the same amount of points as calling sick, but you're able to use your ID. There is a limitation to how many times you can use it though, and idk that limitation.

Please note, THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR CPs! For CPs, a call in is a call in (no differentiating between "sick" and "personal") and you CANNOT use your ID to shop, enter a park, or anything else. This is a common misconception that gets folks into trouble pronto.

I asked about this at base. Technically, you can enter the park with your id. It is greatly frowned upon and depending on who finds out, you can get in trouble up to or including termination. However, you could do it. I know a ton of CP's who called in then entered backstage so they didn't have to swipe id's. i never did that, because even if you get a meal and use your discount without thinking about it, or you grab that t-shirt you have been eyeing, a few days later you might get called out. It does happen.
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

***WARNING THIS IS FALSE FOR CPs!!!*** lol My absolute best friend on the program had a near PERFECT record card (literally only 1 point) on the fall 2008 program. One day she called out personal for her shift to take care of something, and went into Hollywood Studios later that night. She got termed the next time she worked.

Please don't do this! It may seem harmless but it isn't and its a silly thing to ruin your program over.

I can understand not using your card if you call in sick but, if you're really sick and can't get in to see a doctor right away then they will terminate you? What if you miss 3 or 4 days but finally get a note? Then do they let you stay? I mean, if you're sick then you;re sick and they shouldn't want employees working when they're sick, or at least I wouldn't think so.

If you call in sick for three or more consecutive days (I believe that's the timeframe anyway) and bring a note from the doctor, you will only get points for calling in one day. But you need to have a note from an actual MD doctor. And you have to call in each of the days you are out and scheduled to work.

I can understand not using your card if you call in sick but, if you're really sick and can't get in to see a doctor right away then they will terminate you? What if you miss 3 or 4 days but finally get a note? Then do they let you stay? I mean, if you're sick then you;re sick and they shouldn't want employees working when they're sick, or at least I wouldn't think so.

No if you're sick for 3 or 4 days, you'll be fine. You'll get a reprimand... but you need 3 or 4 of those to get termed. (and the other poster mentioned about 3 or 4 consecutive days w/ a note only getting 1 point but i don't remember the exact details about that.).

basically... each time you call in sick/personal you get a point. to get a reprimand you need to call in

3 times in 30 days
6 times in 60 days
9 times in 90 days... etc.

so say you call in march 1, 8 and 31st... you'll get a reprimand.

say you call in ... march 1, 8, and april 10th... you'll be ok.

It's all really confusing until you get the hang of it.

I got two total attendance reprimands while I was there. I had a lot of thyroid issues when I first got down there. But even with two reprimands, my managers still seemed to really like me and I left the company on good standards according to my managers.

That doesn't sound too bad.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around it. So could technically call in twice a month without getting a reprimand? Individual points can still hurt your record?

That doesn't sound too bad.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around it. So could technically call in twice a month without getting a reprimand? Individual points can still hurt your record?

yes, individual points can still hurt your record card. I know when I was working i'd often see signs posted for promotions and you could only be eligible if you had a clean record card for X amount of months... in terms of being on the CP though... if you are interested in extending I believe the rules are NO more than 8 total points and/or 2 rep's.

If you know you wont be extending or working for the company again, don't get too worked up over points and reps. Obviously you don't want to do anything stupid and you should always go to work if you're healthy enough to do so but if you miss a day it's not the end of the world :goodvibes

(note: from my understanding, points stay on your record card for up to a year)

I asked about this at base. Technically, you can enter the park with your id. It is greatly frowned upon and depending on who finds out, you can get in trouble up to or including termination. However, you could do it. I know a ton of CP's who called in then entered backstage so they didn't have to swipe id's. i never did that, because even if you get a meal and use your discount without thinking about it, or you grab that t-shirt you have been eyeing, a few days later you might get called out. It does happen.
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT continue spreading the rumor that "it will be OK". It is NOT OK to call in AT ALL then use your ID for ANYTHING. It is also NOT OK to enter from backstage. UNACCEPTABLE. Don't forget that there are security guards as well as cameras (and other CMs/managers visiting the parks), so even if you don't use your discount for anything, you could be OUT. It is simply not worth the risk, is it? Go on your day off and stay home if you call in. (and only call in if you really NEED to...chances are you were hired and scheduled for a reason, because they need you to work).

As far as being sick, there is an urgent care that is easy to get into, I don't know why there would be a delay. With a doctor's note, you MAY (not will) be given a single point for a continuous 3 day illness, but you can only use that privilege one time in a program. Remember that WDW is an "at will" employer and I have known CPs to be terminated within the first 45 days for attendance problems, even if they didn't trigger the points matrix.

Happened all throughout my CP last year. Mostly at the apartments for drinking. :sad2: It's pathetic how CPs think they can get away with the alcohol. Half my apartment get termed because of it. I have a friend there now who got kicked out of HoB for drinking (she's 19), and it'll be the program entirely next that kicks her out....

I think it depends with the ID thing, I called in sick several times, went to the parks, and never got in trouble. My reprimand was for absences in 30 days, and no one ever caught the ID thing. I also used my ID for purchase during EMH once because I asked if it was ok (we're not supposed to, apparently). The CM acted like I was stupid for even asking... But then again, I had wonderful, lenient managers who didn't nitpick everything.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter