Firefox throwing a security error

GreatLakes

DIS Veteran
I noticed an error that just started today when using Firefox to access the boards. If I attempt to post, reply, or quote I get the following error:

I've gotten this on multiple PCs and attempted from multiple networks. I'm also posting this from the same computer that I got that error on using Edge instead of Firfox.

Pictures are also not rendering correctly. When viewing a post that has an embedded picture in it using Firefox it just displays a string of numbers. As an example this post includes an embedded picture that shows up just fine on Edge but looks like the screen shot below in Firefox:

That circled number is a picture on other browsers.

Thanks.

To make this a little easier here is what the OP in this thread currently looks like in Firefox:

For what it is worth I am running Firefox 96.0 released yesterday and the only thing that popped out at me was this update:

Firefox will now default all cookies to having a SameSite=lax attribute which helps defend against Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks.

Last edited:
It appears you have security.mixed_content.block_display_content set to true in your about:config in firefox.

By default when I installed Firefox, this was false. I had to go in and change that value to replicate your issue.

I believe it's a legit issue that should be looked at and is another symptom of a recurring problem regarding links not loading, the BBCode button not working, etc. The forum code thinks disboards is running without SSL, so images are displayed without using SSL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter